Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

R

reanswolf

Listen, I know they are a passionate just like us, but just because they are not automatic top 2 they are singing "sack the board" and they have been booing them a lot recently......hence the crafty adaption of their name in the title :)-. It ay looking rosey down the Boo-gies (;-.

It puts things into perpective when we are grumbling about no new players in transfer windows. I'll stress, there has NOT been any sign of booing down the Molineux the last time.........of course you would not expect any given our status at present. The last time I heard any was after we lost 0-2 at home to Huddersfield when the team were clearly booed after the game. But it just goes to show, that expectation is the poison that affects fans psyche at any club. If Albooin are happy to boo when they are in 3rd place, god knows what they would be like after years of mid-table championship obscurity like we had, or like Derby, Forest and Blues have had in recent times. They have good core support who will stick with them whatever happens, but I do think that things eventually go round in circles so they are due a prolonged period of mediocrity, and in case fans want to gloat about such a prospect, then I fully expect Wolves to do the same again at some point.

R

reanswolf

I have to be honest when I have seen them they are direct but not terrible. They have a good championship team, perhaps lacking in real quality. No real change from the team that beat us 3-2 last season.....big, physical but fast and not that bad at all. Reminded me of us under McCarthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion fans I know really don't like the manager nor what you could loosely describe as his style of play. They see little hope of the investment they really need and are very pessimistic for their chances next year if promoted. All compounded by us doing well (and Villa also, relatively).
Maybe nowhere near the troubles we have experienced but if your car gets written off in a smash you don't console yourself with the thought that the guy up the roads house burned down a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've watched them a fair few times this season and I have no idea how they're third. The football is as bad as Birmingham play. I think they need to get through this season and look at next year for the promotion tilt.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprise, the French Pulis was never going to work there. 3rd place flatters them hugely

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s ridiculous really, their fans always go on about them being a premier league club but they’ve spent most of the time they’ve been in the league making up the numbers and generally being dreadful to watch.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their only player who would be coveted by PL sides will leave on a free in the Summer.

Each time they go down, it becomes more likely they'll be cannon fodder if they come back up.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few of my mates support them lot. Two of them have been season ticket holders for 35 years, both have said this season is their last.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv heard them moan about the quality of the football despite being what 3rd/4th??

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few of my mates support them lot. Two of them have been season ticket holders for 35 years, both have said this season is their last.
I honestly can't get my head round packing it in because of anything on the pitch. Maybe I don't care enough? For me, it's only non-football things that would get in the way: earache off the missus, mates dropping out, maybe being priced out or moving too far away.

I'm one of the bell ends who want a BCD every season. Looks like play offs is the only way this season. (Haha)

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly can't get my head round packing it in because of anything on the pitch. Maybe I don't care enough? For me, it's only non-football things that would get in the way: earache off the missus, mates dropping out, maybe being priced out or moving too far away.

People absolutely love threatening to not renew things. They generally stay though.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham and Bournemouth appear light years ahead of other teams in the championship, so chasing them is difficult. Albion employed a route one manager, and play offs would probably be their fans expectations.

But jeering the players when they are third seems harsh.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm one of the bell ends who want a BCD every season. Looks like play offs is the only way this season. (Haha)
We always go for beers after work on a Friday, this run of Friday games they’ve had my mates were going then last minute couldn’t be bothered to leave our group of mates to go.

As an aside I think in general we have a better match day experience. Imagine trying to use the 3 pubs on offer they have for home games?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Fulham and Bournemouth appear light years ahead of other teams in the championship, so chasing them is difficult. Albion employed a route one manager, and play offs would probably be their fans expectations.

But jeering the players when they are third seems harsh.
You go up by playing front foot football and not attritional route 1 stuff

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Listen, I know they are a passionate just like us, but just because they are not automatic top 2 they are singing "sack the board" and they have been booing them a lot recently......hence the crafty adaption of their name in the title :)-. It ay looking rosey down the Boo-gies (;-.

It puts things into perpective when we are grumbling about no new players in transfer windows. I'll stress, there has NOT been any sign of booing down the Molineux the last time.........of course you would not expect any given our status at present. The last time I heard any was after we lost 0-2 at home to Huddersfield when the team were clearly booed after the game. But it just goes to show, that expectation is the poison that affects fans psyche at any club. If Albooin are happy to boo when they are in 3rd place, god knows what they would be like after years of mid-table championship obscurity like we had, or like Derby, Forest and Blues have had in recent times. They have good core support who will stick with them whatever happens, but I do think that things eventually go round in circles so they are due a prolonged period of mediocrity, and in case fans want to gloat about such a prospect, then I fully expect Wolves to do the same again at some point.
So what you're saying is that it's not so much 'boing, boing' these days as booing boring?

Back
Top Bottom