Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The case for Warnock

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The more I read your posts Chisels, the more worried/horrified I am that you may be right.

Jez/Steve - if you're reading, look again at my statistics post for the only time Curbishley and Warnock have gone head-to-head for the last 13 matches of a Premier League season.

Curbishley = 21 points = survival (plus he's actually quite likeable).
Warnock = 11 points (plus last day defeat to Wigan) = relegated (plus he's an $$$$)

And don't listen to Chisels...Paddy Kenny is twice the player of either Javier Mascherano or Carlos Tevez...

J

johnybig32

The 13game thing is hard to argue against.

But you should have kept it to yourself. Not going to sleep now.

D

Deleted member 4023

Warnock may not even get an interview - have Wolves actually said that they have a short list

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He better bloody not get an interview.

W

wolfyjoe

If we appoint Colin/Neil then Mick's sacking will have been a $$$$ing joke!

Mick's the superior version of two very similar managers.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick was taking us down.

Sad, but true. There was no coming back from the Albion game for Mick. They had to sack him, he'd lost the fans as well as his own direction.

Wolves have got to get the next appointment right. Else it undoes Mick's work.

How can they get it right when we could be in the Championship or Prem next year?

Surely the appointment will differ for each scenario?

Of those listed, at the time of writing, it has to be Curbishley in the Prem & a Lee Clark/Poyet type in the Championship.

So we surely have to make a short term appointment now for the remaining games. It's the only sensible thing to do, in this non-sensicle season of mistakes.

J

johnybig32

Again all logic, and made even better because you didnt say it was Warnock.

C

chasman62

Curbishley & Bruce will both demand a contract beyond 13 games.

I would think anyone would 'request' a longer contract if they could get one no matter who it is. I dont think any of these three are actually in much of a position to 'demand' anything.

My personal opinion is that Curbishley is the first choice for fairly obvious reasons but if those negotiations fall through or for some reason he doesnt impress SM then there has to be a plan B. Not surprising that they would consider the two dismissed Prem managers as possible plan B's is it? Doesn't mean they would hire them. $$$$ I have interviewed people and thought nope cant hire any of them have to start again.

I think we would all be distressed if Warnock were hired, because didnt we just get rid of a bluff, tactically inept, Yorkshireman.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I'd hate it if Warnock came in. No thanks. Curbs for me. Tomorrow.

L

lupini

there is no case for Warnock or Bruce. Fact. End of. Don't discuss further.

G

gtleighsr3

How long before Coyle gets the tin tac,u need to hurry up and get your man in place.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasnt he in a legal battle with west ham over wages for a fair while after he got the boot.

Over a year's fight to get his compensation; if he became employed during that time it banjaxed his level of reimbursement...

E

Essex Wolf

If Morgan gives Warnock the job it will be a disaster. Besides the fact every Wolves fan I know can't abide the bloke his record in the PL is terrible.

Wolves need a quality manager and Warnock is not the man to offer it.

I also believe giving Warnock the job would see many fans turn away from the club.

I have already spent a lot of time debating whether to renew my ST but deep down knew when the time came I would. However if Warnock is employed I will seriously question the point of spending my money to watch a team managed by a man I have zero time for.

D

dazmanwolf

if morgan gives warnock the job it will be a disaster. Besides the fact every wolves fan i know can't abide the bloke his record in the pl is terrible.

Wolves need a quality manager and warnock is not the man to offer it.

I also believe giving warnock the job would see many fans turn away from the club.

I have already spent a lot of time debating whether to renew my st but deep down knew when the time came i would. However if warnock is employed i will seriously question the point of spending my money to watch a team managed by a man i have zero time for.

+1

J

johnybig32

Would any other Prem club emply Warnock?

He only is in the prem because he got QPR there. Probably the same with MM?

D

Deleted member 3604

I am going for Warnock (but on a 1 year rolling contract) First and foremost we need a character who will motivate and inject some urgency into the next thirteen games and secondly his vast experience and ability to organise a team in our position, where survival is the be all and end all. I was very impressed with the way QPR played under him, especially against us at Molineux. If the unthinkable happens then there is no better man to get us back up. The be all and end all is the next thirteen games and that's why he outweighs the others.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[nomedia]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im85NY4NKt4&sns=em[/nomedia]

Hope that works.

D

Deleted member 3604

Of the available candidates COLIN is the clearly logical choice.:stupido3:

Why?

We need an experienced manager who can handle a high pressure situation,
We need a new manager to have an immediate effect,
The new manager won't be able to change personnel (to any degree),
The new manager will need to take a bunch of motivated, hard working and combative players who lack finesse, quality and don't have a passing style of play.

Curbishly & Bruce tend to be more laid back, mild mannered characters who like to set teams up to play a passing style.

BUT, Mick has assembled a squad that they would need to change quite drastically to achieve this.

You can't just say to a bunch of players, OK lads pass it around. Do you knock think Mick tried this? (He tried just about everything else too)

No, we need to get the snot flying. We need players fired up and fighting with high intensity, pressing football. Because that's what they are most capable to do! And that's what the last few games of the season turn into anyway.

So let's get Colin in the hot seat for that immediate impact and fire we need.

And then if Colin succeeds?
At the end of the season we should say thanks Colin for keeping our prem status. He's a nice little bonus and cheerio. I'd then recruit Curbishley perhaps, to manage us in the prem and assemble his squad.

And if Colin fails?
Well he's a fantastic Championship manager isn't he? But we should still say, No ta Colin. We want longevity and a style of play that will sustain Prem football. I would then get Lee Clark in to assemble a Championship squad.

100% in agreement.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Warnock I'll spend 90 minutes at the Sports Direct Arena booing him (+ stoppage time).

No better than what we had.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Warnock I'll spend 90 minutes at the Sports Direct Arena booing him (+ stoppage time).

No better than what we had.

This.

But I'll boo SM and Moxley instead.

D

Deleted member 3604

Warnock may be a fire fighter, but if we survive it'll be the same next season as it was under McCarthy. Curbishley and to an extent even Bruce could push us on, and that is what the board will bear in mind.

I would offer him (and Keith Curle) a short contract. If it doesn't work then ta ra, but I have to agree with Chisels that short term he best fits the requirement, which is survival. If we'd already gone down then that's a different matter.

J

johnybig32

Warnock has never survived in the Prem so why is he the best fit short term?

D

Deleted member 3604

This is one heck of a tough one for Morgan/Moxey. If those are the three I couldn't pick between any of them so I'm back on the fence. Ideally none of them. Much depends on the players and who they will respond to.

GG27

Groupie
Reaction score
Vile man exact opposite of the decent man we had in Mick, never cut it in the prem either I dont want this $$$$ of a man representing our team. Out of the realistic targets it's got to be Curbishley, He ticks the boxes for the 2 M's. Didn't Moxey's origanal blue print (young & hungry) sight Charlton as the model ??

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only, case to be made for warnock, is a packing case....TNT, next day delivery to Huddersfield FC.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Colin does sign, then I will support him, mainly because a) he is a mate of Mick's and so Mick will give him the low-down on our players and problems straight away and b) he has the low-down on QPR.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Colin does sign, then I will support him, mainly because a) he is a mate of Mick's and so Mick will give him the low-down on our players and problems straight away and b) he has the low-down on QPR.

And c) he is manager of the greatest club in the world ever.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curbs and Bruce both reject or mighty wage structure and that leaves us with Warnock.

Watch this space.

B

Bingbong

Of course I care-we all need every West Midlands club in the same division as London and Manchester have now become boring and of little interest.
I posted this because no-one else had picked up on it so get over it.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His column in the Indy gives no clues, other than saying he was in Cornwall last weekend. He mentions the 3 vacancies and that he might accept a post just until the end of the season.
Also mentions that when Palace were in Admin 2 years ago the administrator wanted to sell Nat Clyne to Wolves. Would have been a good signing, particularly at a knock down price.

G

Gibo

Can't wait to find out who the new manager will be , all these threads are starting to grate on me.COYW:willy:

Back
Top Bottom