Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The case for Warnock

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of the available candidates COLIN is the clearly logical choice.:stupido3:

Why?

We need an experienced manager who can handle a high pressure situation,
We need a new manager to have an immediate effect,
The new manager won't be able to change personnel (to any degree),
The new manager will need to take a bunch of motivated, hard working and combative players who lack finesse, quality and don't have a passing style of play.

Curbishly & Bruce tend to be more laid back, mild mannered characters who like to set teams up to play a passing style.

BUT, Mick has assembled a squad that they would need to change quite drastically to achieve this.

You can't just say to a bunch of players, OK lads pass it around. Do you knock think Mick tried this? (He tried just about everything else too)

No, we need to get the snot flying. We need players fired up and fighting with high intensity, pressing football. Because that's what they are most capable to do! And that's what the last few games of the season turn into anyway.

So let's get Colin in the hot seat for that immediate impact and fire we need.

And then if Colin succeeds?
At the end of the season we should say thanks Colin for keeping our prem status. He's a nice little bonus and cheerio. I'd then recruit Curbishley perhaps, to manage us in the prem and assemble his squad.

And if Colin fails?
Well he's a fantastic Championship manager isn't he? But we should still say, No ta Colin. We want longevity and a style of play that will sustain Prem football. I would then get Lee Clark in to assemble a Championship squad.

J

johnybig32

1 complete season in the premier league = 1 relegation

1 half season - team fighting relegation.

WOuld rather have stuck with MM.

P

Paul76

Seriously, Warnock and the Magician are cut from the same piece of cloth.

It has to be curbs.

306NOTOUT

I don't think Warnock and Wolves fans have ever got on since he went on the pitch at Scarborough.

Don't really see it as a match made in heaven.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stopped reading half way though.

There is no case for Warnock, give ya head a wobble man for god sake.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You forgot to add that he'll want to get one over on QPR.

Even so, not the man I'd want in charge.

W

WWFC64

WARNOCK IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH....YORKSIREMAN SO NO BRAIN JUST A BIG GOB.

Curbs is a thinker and tactician, we need that next step and in my opinion Alan Curbishley fits the bill, has history of keeping small unfashionable clubs in mid position in the Prem. I reckon its a done deal, probably before our chairman went away, smokescreen for a few days the announcement that he is to be appointed until the end of the season.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't we just recruit Curbishley now and forget what else you said?

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Suit Nut Head

Take your choice

Interesting lead post though I remain unconvinced. I say it is time for a (small) culture shock.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your very first point - "We need a manager who can handle a high pressure situation."

This being the case, why on earth would you ever consider Warnock?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn't a case. Now sober up, rethink whatever went through your mind to even contemplate writing this and go for a run to clear your mind which at the moment is full of turd ideas

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only case for Warnock is the one that he should be locked up in

S

shigysan

rubbish. you forgot to mention hes a $$$$ manager, and an utter $$$$$. :D

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right...

That's all the knee jerk posts done (other than livingatwwfc)

Is anyone actually going to argue against any of the points made?

Rather than saying "that is a turd idea" is someone actually going to state reasons why?

Where does the logic of the lead post fall down?

Sometimes medicine tastes bad. But it'll make you better.

It's a case of going for the best possible chance of staying in the Prem. The long term starts at the end of this season. You maximise your chance of starting it in the Prem with Colin and move him on.

H

haden-wolf

A packing case is the only one i'll make for colin, pack him in it and send him to his farm in the west country

H

haden-wolf

Here's one - I know someone who played for him, therefore first hand knowledge

We don't want him here, despite him saying nice things when he lost the play-offs to DJ

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right...

That's all the knee jerk posts done (other than livingatwwfc)

Is anyone actually going to argue against any of the points made?

Rather than saying "that is a turd idea" is someone actually going to state reasons why?

Where does the logic of the lead post fall down?

Sometimes medicine tastes bad. But it'll make you better.

It's a case of going for the best possible chance of staying in the Prem. The long term starts at the end of this season. You maximise your chance of starting it in the Prem with Colin and move him on.

No. Your case is well argued C&H.

The problem is staying by the shirt tales of the GL money and he might do just that which would benefit the club.

Just on the mini culture shock thingy. I think there needs to be major culture shock now.

This would include many new faces everywhere, the football side and administration side including the boardroom. But that is off topic and perhaps a new thread. Mmmmmmmm.....

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnock?

$$$$er - $$$$er $$$$er!!!!!!!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hi Chisels. I put on another thread that I remember reading a story where Bully said that Warnock had screamed to Craig Short from the touchline to 'break Bull's leg'. It may not be the most practical reason for not wanting him but I personally wouldn't want a man of that principle representing our club. Like Dalglish in recent months, the man is a walking persecution complex.

I actually agree with a couple of your other points but even on purely football grounds, I think there are other candidates whose credentials are better.

H

haden-wolf

Tring - i hear that phrase though not about bully has cropped up in teamtals - NO TO COLIN

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Chisels. I put on another thread that I remember reading a story where Bully said that Warnock had screamed to Craig Short from the touchline to 'break Bull's leg'. It may not be the most practical reason for not wanting him but I personally wouldn't want a man of that principle representing our club. Like Dalglish in recent months, the man is a walking persecution complex.

I actually agree with a couple of your other points but even on purely football grounds, I think there are other candidates whose credentials are better.

My argument is that 13 games does not give time for purely football grounds.

Curbs even Bruce hands down are better managers than Colin (and better blokes).

But for 13 games, other than people saying they don't like him as an individual (I don't either by the way) my argument stands up I'm afraid to say.

Now, my reasons for putting up this thread...I'm Colin.

No seriously. My reason is that I think he might just get the gig on a temp basis, purely for the reasons I have stated.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CnO you put your case well but really, Warnock?!
He is a slightly inferior version of Mick and the only case for him is possible new manager effect.
In pressure situations he implodes, has a poor record in the Premiership and his man management skills are regarded as outdated.
He might be a motivator but is he better than Mick?
We need our manager to improve our style of play not hold it back.
If we appoint Warnock what's the point of sacking Mick?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
A well argued reply Chisels, cheers. We'll agree to disagree but I do see the validity of some of your points.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people call him Colin?

He's a Yorkshire legend...love him.
Would prefer hiddink though.

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have got rid of Mick so we can get that $$$$ in I will despair.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why do people call him Colin?

He's a Yorkshire legend...love him.
Would prefer hiddink though.

Only in SOUTH Yorkshire

Called Colin because it's the first name of an anagram of his name.
The remaining letters being RWKNAE
:cool:

Dee Dah ham shanker

Back
Top Bottom