Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Who is missing from Watford side this weekend due to the same reason as Raul ? Couldn’t see anything on it

Serralta. Chilean centre-half. He’s very decent but obviously not as big as loss to them as Raul would be to us.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Big blow for us this in what could prove to be a vital match when we look back on our season. If nothing else, we really needed Jimenez to get further competitive minutes.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serralta. Chilean centre-half. He’s very decent but obviously not as big as loss to them as Raul would be to us.

Would be good if Raul *could* play, but with his opposing centre-half missing. Could we perhaps put a "Fabio wig" on Raul and hope nobody notices? :)

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confused as to why Brazil are going through with their complaint. After the farce with the UK based Argentina players wouldn't the UK based Brazil players have to isolate on entering Brazil therefore be unavailable for them anyway ?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fully understand why this rule was brought in to be honest. International football needs to be protected or you would never have players released for games. And everyone seems to ignore the fact that just about all of these players want to represent their country and have dreamt of it since childhood, not to mention it is generally an opportunity to see their own country again, even just for a few days.

As for Raul though, not sure it is a smart move from Mexico given his return from injury though I assume he actually wanted to go and join the team, or else he could probably have smoothed this out before any of this by chatting with Mexico personally.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t we ask him to wear a Mexican wrestling mask during the game - FIFA will never conclusively know who it is.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of context from what has gone before - very poor that we still rely so heavily on him, especially after a life threatening injury. How do we know that he will ever be quite the player he was? Not that there would be any blame on him if that was sadly the case.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's because Everton play on a Monday, after the bans have finished.

As you say though, irrespective of how it comes about, it creates a nonsensical scenario
No this is not correct.

The ban extends to midweek in any event, hence the Brazilians also having to miss their clubs’ CL games.

The Brazilian FA simply hasn’t “complained” about Everton because Everton were reasonable in allowing Richarlison to play at the Olympics when they didn’t have to.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a complete and utter farce this is. Countries asking for players to be banned, I hope they have to suffer when players turn them down in future, as for FIFA, seems they're ruling the world now! Who are these people?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a complete and utter farce this is. Countries asking for players to be banned, I hope they have to suffer when players turn them down in future, as for FIFA, seems they're ruling the world now! Who are these people?

they are the people bringing you a world cup in qatar halfway through next season

nothing against the WC going to the middle east (great in fact) but everything around that WC stinks, the disruption to our domestic calendars, the dodgy reasons they got it (see S Blatter), the deaths of migrant workers building stadiums in obscene heat

they are also the people proposing a WC every two years. between FIFA, VAR, the increasingly blatant bias for the 'big six', the 'Super League' (which will be back)..... it all leaves a sour taste. give us our game back.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No this is not correct.

The ban extends to midweek in any event, hence the Brazilians also having to miss their clubs’ CL games.

The Brazilian FA simply hasn’t “complained” about Everton because Everton were reasonable in allowing Richarlison to play at the Olympics when they didn’t have to.
Mad. Ness!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t we ask him to wear a Mexican wrestling mask during the game - FIFA will never conclusively know who it is.
After what happened at Wembley? No thanks. The mask's not lucky for us.

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mexico should show some respect to Raul. A player that suffered such a serious injury and only just back playing. I would be furious with the Mexican FA if I was Raul and tell them to go **** themselves.

Too right

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute farce.

What’s to stop players from withdrawing from squads themselves? They don’t have to play for their country.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No this is not correct.

Which Raul couldn’t take part in because he was still recovering. It stinks, it really does. As others have said. If I were Raul, I’d be telling the Mexican FA what I think, and that their action will result in him telling his Mexican fans how poor he’s been treated by them. I’d imagine a few officials might then feel a little worried about their personal safety given the risk that gangs and individuals in Mexico take the law into their own hands.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Absolute farce.

What’s to stop players from withdrawing from squads themselves? They don’t have to play for their country.
Rafinha did so he can play, suggests the players want to play.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mexico should show some respect to Raul. A player that suffered such a serious injury and only just back playing. I would be furious with the Mexican FA if I was Raul and tell them to go **** themselves.
Maybe he wanted to play?

T

TheConcourse

Why does the head injury come into it? He’s passed fit and healthy to play elite level football.

Reality: Wolves didn’t want him to have to quarantine/be more exposed to Covid and miss games so they rolled the dice with Mexico.

We don’t have the right to block players playing for their national team.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does the head injury come into it? He’s passed fit and healthy to play elite level football.

Reality: Wolves didn’t want him to have to quarantine/be more exposed to Covid and miss games so they rolled the dice with Mexico.

We don’t have the right to block players playing for their national team.
Not exactly.

The PL clubs agreed not to send their players to Red countries and agreed that it was consistent with prior approved actions during the pandemic. Two clubs, Villa and Spurs, broke ranks and now those who stood by the original decision are being penalised.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So Bruno is planning a game for 48 hour’s time and FIFA still haven’t decided whether Raul can play… come on!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a deadline for this? Could Jimenez be about to kick off the match and then have to withdraw at the last minute?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly.

The PL clubs agreed not to send their players to Red countries and agreed that it was consistent with prior approved actions during the pandemic. Two clubs, Villa and Spurs, broke ranks and now those who stood by the original decision are being penalised.
I don't think Spurs broke ranks. Their players seem to have simply jetted off on their own accord and are now facing hefty fines from the club.

I have absolutely no idea what Villa think they were doing.

T

TheConcourse

Not exactly.

So either the governing bodies haven’t updated their recommendations or Wolves have pushed the limits of what they “believe” to be consistent.

It sounds as clear as mud and I’m struggling to believe that this is an innocent misunderstanding from Wolves’ side given the way countries have reacted.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot understand why people are criticising the club over this. Their is no inconsistency. One should not travel to Red list countries. So Raul was not released.
Are people?

I think we (well, I certainly) are just annoyed at the ludicrous situation

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So either the governing bodies haven’t updated their recommendations or Wolves have pushed the limits of what they “believe” to be consistent.

It sounds as clear as mud and I’m struggling to believe that this is an innocent misunderstanding from Wolves’ side given the way countries have reacted.
What are you talking about? Nearly every team, Villa apart, have taken the view that the pandemic is a bit of an unusual thing that requires exceptional circumstances. The UK Government has told people not to travel to red countries unless it's absolutely necessary. Bizarrely, FIFA are behaving as if nothing's the matter.

bigwolf

Reaction score
I cannot understand why people are criticising the club over this. Their is no inconsistency. One should not travel to Red list countries. So Raul was not released.

Because Jeff is the devil, usama bin laden and adolf hitler rolled into one entity.

Back
Top Bottom