Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So either the governing bodies haven’t updated their recommendations or Wolves have pushed the limits of what they “believe” to be consistent.

It sounds as clear as mud and I’m struggling to believe that this is an innocent misunderstanding from Wolves’ side given the way countries have reacted.

My only point is Wolves didn’t push the limits, the PL clubs as a group agreed on this. The failure was with the PL not getting FIFA to support their action, which they are trying to resolve now its almost too late. The fact that Spurs and Villa broke ranks probably undermined the PL position, so if any club is to blame, it’s them. I’m sorry, but this this not a subject to hammer the club with as it’s not Wolves to took independent action which prompted the response by multiple South American federations.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are people?

I think we (well, I certainly) are just annoyed at the ludicrous situation

Yes several people on this thread have said we should have let him go and now we have the club pushed the limits.

T

TheConcourse

What are you talking about? Nearly every team, Villa apart, have taken the view that the pandemic is a bit of an unusual thing that requires exceptional circumstances. The UK Government has told people not to travel to red countries unless it's absolutely necessary. Bizarrely, FIFA are behaving as if nothing's the matter.
My point is exactly that - there’s no consistency. It isn’t very clear is it?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed it was.

Furthermore had Romain Saiss been injured during a military coup I have no doubt the club would have been criticised for letting him travel.
Oh indeed.

A lot of people revel in bad times for sure.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is exactly that - there’s no consistency. It isn’t very clear is it?
The FIFA rules are clear but are taking no account of national government rules. It's not Wolves' fault though, there's no misunderstanding I don't think. The madness is FIFA and certain national football associations thinking that they're more important than the pandemic.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The FIFA rules are clear but are taking no account of national government rules. It's not Wolves' fault though, there's no misunderstanding I don't think. The madness is FIFA and certain national football associations thinking that they're more important than the pandemic.
Exactly. There’s no grey area or loophole. The whole thing comes down to FIFA’s discretion and whether or not they do the sensible thing - which given their form I expect Fabio to be starting against Watford.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd be in a quarantine hotel and he'd be practically locked in a room for ten days. They can't go around using the hotel facilities
You think a premier league footballer won't be supplied with enough facilities in his own 'room'. Ie it'll be more like a suite.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Additional sanctions? So the Mexico FA feel they were doing Wolves a favour not calling up Raul when he was recovering from his head injury? WTF? They are taking the pee.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think a premier league footballer won't be supplied with enough facilities in his own 'room'. Ie it'll be more like a suite.
You think he'd have a choice? You get what you're given, you can't choose which hotel you stay at and you can't choose your room, PL footballer or otherwise

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
raul's head must be done in. i'm sure he's already thought about all these scenarios you fine folks are coming up with.

lose/lose all the way around.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we all know deep down what the ****ers at Fifa will do.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get what you’re saying, but the lads been in hospital a lot and probably don’t want 10 days away from his nipper. I wouldn’t for sure.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I’d imagine a few officials might then feel a little worried about their personal safety given the risk that gangs and individuals in Mexico take the law into their own hands.
I think that’s a little extreme mate hahaha

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying, but the lads been in hospital a lot and probably don’t want 10 days away from his nipper. I wouldn’t for sure.
I agree my point was only re the standard of room he'd be stuck in.

Fact is the club should have asked Raul himself and followed his wishes in my opinion.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve been neck deep in work all week. What’s the latest on Raul? He can’t play or we still don’t even know?

Seems mad to be playing tomorrow and don’t know if our talisman is available…

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been neck deep in work all week. What’s the latest on Raul? He can’t play or we still don’t even know?

Seems mad to be playing tomorrow and don’t know if our talisman is available…
Don’t know yet.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom