Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree my point was only re the standard of room he'd be stuck in.

Fact is the club should have asked Raul himself and followed his wishes in my opinion.
100% mate it’s all down to the player, I hope Wolves did have a discussion with him I’m sure Jeff will let us know lol

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news, we surely must have promised them he'd go in Oct for them to drop their complaint? Their games in Oct are Home to Canada and Honduras and then away to El Salvador, maybe he'll be released after the 2 home games so quarantine is less of an issue?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well done by the club... it seems that other clubs playing tomorrow including Man City are still sweating on whether they can use their (Americas International) players tomorrow

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fantastic news! I may have to revise my result prediction.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So is it just Jimenez who can play and not the other north/south Americans? That's not fair if so, obviously

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So is it just Jimenez who can play and not the other north/south Americans? That's not fair if so, obviously
Its true, despite him being our (key) player it should be all or none. I read that Everton were allowed to play Richarlison because they had 'a good relation' with the Brazilian FA but all the other prem clubs Brazil players could not. How is that in any way fair? Just opens up for backhand deals and form of bribery etc. Just self interest wherever you look.

In terms of a Wolves perspective, Watford have their starting CB in the same situation and so unavailable. How is that fair if we get Jimenez and the player marking him isnt allowed to play. Even though benefits us its just ridiculous.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its true, despite him being our (key) player it should be all or none. I read that Everton were allowed to play Richarlison because they had 'a good relation' with the Brazilian FA but all the other prem clubs Brazil players could not. How is that in any way fair? Just opens up for backhand deals and form of bribery etc. Just self interest wherever you look.

In terms of a Wolves perspective, Watford have their starting CB in the same situation and so unavailable. How is that fair if we get Jimenez and the player marking him isnt allowed to play. Even though benefits us its just ridiculous.
Couldnt agree more.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just read that the affected PL teams are planning to defy FIFA and play their internationals anyway.

Good on em I say.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news, we surely must have promised them he'd go in Oct for them to drop their complaint? Their games in Oct are Home to Canada and Honduras and then away to El Salvador, maybe he'll be released after the 2 home games so quarantine is less of an issue?
If he goes to a red list country he quarantines for 10 days, possibly missing 2 games. He stays behind and is banned for 1??????

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes to a red list country he quarantines for 10 days, possibly missing 2 games. He stays behind and is banned for 1??????

If he only plays the first 2 games then his 10 day quarantine will start earlier so he'll still miss only 1 game. But this time keeping Mexico and Raul happy.

By the looks of it, November is the big window for Mexico. They play both of their main rivals for qualification in Canada and the US. They'll 100% want Raul for those games (both away games so not on the red list - at this time anyway).

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad the Mexicans gave us the old Si Senor. To be honest they owe us one the way we have looked after their boy. The last thing we need is a dose of the Mu variant. <insert cow joke>
Lets hope Raul can have the last laugh at old man Fosters hornets nest this time round.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They released Richarlison for Olympics so it's completely fair. Hardly bribery is it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've followed Wolves long enough to know that the most likely scenario is for international clearance to be given and Watford's Chilean defender to score the winner!
Well.....I was sort of right!

Jimenez looked very good second half and really grew into the game.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have subbed him off at HT and kept Trincao on but I ay no coach. Bruno clearly wanting to give Raul as much game time as possible to build up his sharpness, knowing how much of an important player he is for us when on song. Cant wait for him to start firing.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some nice flicks but still looks way off it.

T

TheConcourse

Catch 22 with Raul ain’t it? He looks way short at the moment but he needs games.

The little run of teams we’ve got here could really help him. Other players need to take pressure off him with goals too. Pretty much everyone is missing big opportunities.

Benny78

Reaction score
Raul looked much better in the second half, had a nice flick on which should’ve resulted in a goal and was involved in the build up for Hwangs goal. He’ll be putting those headers away very soon, we look much more threatening with him attacking the goals from the corners once we do away with the 2nd man rubbish

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think he looks a little bit thinner? Not much but he has lost that back to goal power he had.

In the first half he had Adama clean through with an easy through ball but just didn't have confidence.

It will come

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just seems like at the moment he seems to be creating chances but not getting on the end of them. If anyone else in the team could hit a cow’s posterior with a banjo I wouldn’t mind but Raul is by far the best finisher we have. Not sure if it’s a tactical thing or whether he isn’t quite sharp enough to find himself those positions yet.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seems like at the moment he seems to be creating chances but not getting on the end of them. If anyone else in the team could hit a cow’s posterior with a banjo I wouldn’t mind but Raul is by far the best finisher we have. Not sure if it’s a tactical thing or whether he isn’t quite sharp enough to find himself those positions yet.
Sir Alex Ferguson was really big on eye training - he believed that when a player had been injured for a while, he lost that instinctive awareness about where his teammates were and about the situation(s) unfolding around him. Perhaps there's something in that with regards to Raul (although his awareness finding Trincao and Semedo yesterday was rather impressive)

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was in position quite a few times yesterday with the defenders just getting a touch to take it away. He's fine, he had lean spells before his injury, once he gets one he'll go on a run

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think he looks a little bit thinner? Not much but he has lost that back to goal power he had.

In the first half he had Adama clean through with an easy through ball but just didn't have confidence.

It will come

what even is back to goal power?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked bang average for 65 minutes but then it seemed to click. He should have had two assists.

Thats what i thought. He did a couple of nice lay offs and flicks then the confidence in him seemed to start coming back a little.

Back
Top Bottom