Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be set to miss the Watford game.

"Newcastle United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Watford and Blackburn Rovers were all facing action for blocking Miguel Almiron (Paraguay), Raul Jimenez (Mexico), Francisco Sierralta and Ben Brereton (both Chile), respectively, from travelling to games in countries on the UK’s coronavirus red list.

Unless the four clubs strike a deal with the relevant national associations for their players to remain in the UK, Fifa regulations state they will be banned from fielding them for five days after the current international window.

Telegraph Sport can reveal the world governing body has written to each team and the Football Association to inform them of the regulations, which it has no option but to enforce."

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s contracted to play for us, we pay his wages. FIFA should subsidise the salary’s of every player unavailable then if they want to enforce this.

Why should Wolves foot Raul’s wages when he’s unavailable due to circumstances forced upon them?

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous if FIFA enforce a rule that was thought up to stop players feigning injury

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's because Mexico have complained.

United haven't had the issue with Cavani because Uruguay agreed to not call him up and Brazil aren't complaining about their Premier League players.

Surprised Mexico have done it considering we've seemed to have a good relationship with them about Raul in the past.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How bloody ridiculous.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's because Mexico have complained.

United haven't had the issue with Cavani because Uruguay agreed to not call him up and Brazil aren't complaining about their Premier League players.

Surprised Mexico have done it considering we've seemed to have a good relationship with them about Raul in the past.

We stopped them calling him up to the Olympics which annoyed them, this is their way to get back at us.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be set to miss the Watford game.

"Newcastle United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Watford and Blackburn Rovers were all facing action for blocking Miguel Almiron (Paraguay), Raul Jimenez (Mexico), Francisco Sierralta and Ben Brereton (both Chile), respectively, from travelling to games in countries on the UK’s coronavirus red list.

Unless the four clubs strike a deal with the relevant national associations for their players to remain in the UK, Fifa regulations state they will be banned from fielding them for five days after the current international window.

Telegraph Sport can reveal the world governing body has written to each team and the Football Association to inform them of the regulations, which it has no option but to enforce."

I thought an agreement had been reached to avoid players needing to travel to red list countries?

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
We stopped them calling him up to the Olympics which annoyed them, this is their way to get back at us.

Exactly. They wanted Raul with their team the second he could fully practice and we held onto him, rightfully so. They're not going to back off against us, especially because Mexico has struggled as of late.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought an agreement had been reached to avoid players needing to travel to red list countries?
Only between the PL clubs, it wasn't technically allowed.

But it only becomes an issue if the country complains, which Mexico have.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the PL said they will stand by any player not going. (And therefore not enforce the rule)

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, club needs to have a word and have him retire from international football for a few weeks.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could see Mexico doing this to get back at us, for the Olympics or otherwise, but I can't see them upsetting their own players like this

Raul isn't going to take getting banned for the Watford game lightly through no fault of his own

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from Mexico, surely they’d want to see their star striker on the road back from a long injury lay off playing and not disrupt his season with a 10 day quarantine.

If I was Raul given what he’s already missed I’d be rather angry at Mexico if they force him to miss a game or even two if he goes.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Might be that Raul isn't happy with us and has had a word with them about complaining. Think Villa have actually let their 2 Argentines go so they have to quarantine for 10 days when they get back

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine Raul wanted to meet up with his mates and play.

Seems their manager is still asking that he joins them for the games on the 6th and 9th?

At least a 1 game ban for us and possible further sanctions?

Ville let their players go and excepted they'll be missing for 2 games. But that's probably because they've got the squad to cover it:confused:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I would imagine Raul wanted to meet up with his mates and play.

Seems their manager is still asking that he joins them for the games on the 6th and 9th?

At least a 1 game ban for us and possible further sanctions?

Ville let their players go and excepted they'll be missing for 2 games. But that's probably because they've got the squad to cover it:confused:
Tbf they haven't really in those two spots

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ah so they removed him but still complained? Fair enough, we will probably lose him for a game then. Still worth doing

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this actually happening?

Crazy rule if so.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rule makes sense, and is to stop clubs inventing injuries to prevent their players from travelling (if a club says a player is injured, an international team can still call them up for checking by their own medical staff). When it was written the current circumstances ('red lists') really couldn't have been forseen and so weren't written into the rule. So it's unfortunate, but I don't think - for once - FIFA can really be blamed. Mexico, however, are acting very poorly.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought they was letting them travel
Yeah they're letting them go to Argentina but that means they miss the first game back.

Slightly complicated now. Villa have agreed to let them play the first two games, then return, meaning they do the ten days and miss Chelsea only.

But the Argentina manager last night said we've picked players for all three. In which case they'd miss whoever Villa have after Chelsea. But definitely out of Chelsea game.

Back
Top Bottom