Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
If mexico want him that badly and he wants to go let him go. However mexico/fifa should then pay us compensation plus his wages whilst he is quarantining and not available

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Some of these are good.

Others are craaaaaaaazzzzzyyyyyyy
How could i forget punishment for picking up the ball, hovering over it, kicking it away when the opposition has been awarded the free-kick.

Drives me mad that 1.

I think i'd allow a free ball, where the team awarded the free-kick can choose to place the ball wherever they want outside of the penalty box.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Ultimately Jimenez knows the restrictions aren't Wolves fault so he should help us out. Not much else to it really.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be set to miss the Watford game.

"Newcastle United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Watford and Blackburn Rovers were all facing action for blocking Miguel Almiron (Paraguay), Raul Jimenez (Mexico), Francisco Sierralta and Ben Brereton (both Chile), respectively, from travelling to games in countries on the UK’s coronavirus red list.

Unless the four clubs strike a deal with the relevant national associations for their players to remain in the UK, Fifa regulations state they will be banned from fielding them for five days after the current international window.

Telegraph Sport can reveal the world governing body has written to each team and the Football Association to inform them of the regulations, which it has no option but to enforce."
Oh Gabriel Blow Your Horn

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is how FIFA have any jurisdiction over domestic football. And if they do can’t they pull their fingers out and ensure that all refs and VAR use the same standards and don’t change the rules every 20 games.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An easy solution to this, put the world cup back to 2023 and change the host to a country that hasn't purchased it (along with all the other reasons it should not e in Qatar). Doing so means qualifiers aren't needed as of yet...job done.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty harsh from Mexico to do this now.

I have no issues with them threatening this initially, because they obviously want their player. However, they're playing at 3am tomorrow UK time, so he's obviously not going.

So, by doing this they're choosing to harm Raul just to get us.

If our stance was he's not going regardless, because we'd rather he just missed Watford than spent ten days quarantining and missing Watford anyway, then there's not much they can do because it's got Premier League approval.

Raul clearly hasn't pushed for it, although I'm sure he wanted to play, because he could've just got on a plane and gone anyway.

Therefore, Mexico just want us to suffer but by doing that they're making Raul miss the Watford game, which he obviously doesn't want. Is it really worth it? Annoying your key player who you weren't going to get regardless just to get back at Wolves.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have no issues with them threatening this initially, because they obviously want their player. However, they're playing at 3am tomorrow UK time, so he's obviously not going.

If our stance was he's not going regardless, because we'd rather he just missed Watford than spent ten days quarantining and missing Watford anyway, then there's not much they can do because it's got Premier League approval.

Raul clearly hasn't pushed for it, although I'm sure he wanted to play, because he could've just got on a plane and gone anyway.

Therefore, Mexico just want us to suffer but by doing that they're making Raul miss the Watford game, which he obviously doesn't want. Is it really worth it? Annoying your key player who you weren't going to get regardless just to get back at Wolves.
They have 2 other games he could play if he went now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but I mean he's not going to do it off his own back because he would've done it by now. And, the Premier League have backed the club. Also, if he went for the last two he'd miss two Wolves games, so we're obviously not going to agree to that now.

So there's no chance he goes now, meaning they're willing to annoy Raul just to get back at us. Seems childish from them, even if I understand the initial frustration.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah but I mean he's not going to do it off his own back because he would've done it by now. And, the Premier League have backed the club. Also, if he went for the last two he'd miss two Wolves games, so we're obviously not going to agree to that now.

So there's no chance he goes now, meaning they're willing to annoy Raul just to get back at us. Seems childish from them, even if I understand the initial frustration.
I mean there are more internationals in October so this would make us think twice. How do you know Raul isn't aligned with their stance?

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious note, i can understand Mexico taking this stance as if we withheld Raul for these games then what's to say we wouldn't try and do so again, so this is also a bit of a preventative move.
My man concern is Raul himself, i would hope the club spoke to him and got his agreement to not release him for international duty, otherwise this could sour his relationship with the club.

The last thing we need right now is players beginning unhappy, especially one we rely on so much and that we are hoping finds his pre-injury form.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How do you know there weren't talks that broke down over this a month ago? We don't know either Mexico or Wolves stance from the beginning or what was said between the two.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we know he wants to play ? We know he loves playing for his country but the thought of being locked in a hotel room for 10 days away from his family may mean he doesn’t actually fancy it at this time himself …

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul will need replacing within a season or two hope Fosun have thought of that

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do we know he wants to play ? We know he loves playing for his country but the thought of being locked in a hotel room for 10 days away from his family may mean he doesn’t actually fancy it at this time himself …
He's pretty much the poster boy of Mexico?

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some nice gear there in the travel range hopefully be in stock when I travel down for the Brentford game. I’ve completely given up on mail order after the following weeks events. Just a faceless uncaring department within the Wolves set up. You just can’t get hold of them and they don’t reply to you.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas what the ‘additional sanctions’ mentioned in the talking Wolves post could be?

it implies there could be things over and above the 5 day/missing Watford ban

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might as well let him go and play a bit of football then, else he'll be not playing for over 3 weeks
He will be in a hotel. So won’t do any exercise for 10 days . Far worse than not playing a match in 3 weeks - both physically and mentally

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or a longer ban for Raul??
I wouldn’t have thought not it’s already a sanction isn’t it that if you don’t release you can’t play a player for 5 days until after the Int Break. They can’t just change that. Mind you when it’s FIFA or UEFA nothing would surprise.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says the club will have additional sanctions. Probably a fine
I wouldn’t have thought not it’s already a sanction isn’t it that if you don’t release you can’t play a player for 5 days until after the Int Break. They can’t just change that. Mind you when it’s FIFA or UEFA nothing would surprise.
True a small fine which will hold us back buying anyone in January lol

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at it a different wsy, does Raul want t spend 10 days alone in a hotel? He may not actually want to go but feels he has a duty too. He’s a new father who spent a chunk of time in hospital away from his daughter. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t fancy another 2.5 weeks away from her. If he doesn’t go he will be banned from playing but he will at least be at home with his family

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Looking at it a different wsy, does Raul want t spend 10 days alone in a hotel? He may not actually want to go but feels he has a duty too. He’s a new father who spent a chunk of time in hospital away from his daughter. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t fancy another 2.5 weeks away from her. If he doesn’t go he will be banned from playing but he will at least be at home with his family
Agreed. As much as he loves his country and playing for them, 10 days in isolation away from his family and friends in a hotel after all he has been through will not be appealing. I imagine he wouldn't say that as he won't want to upset his Mexican manager or supporters, but will feel it. He's been put in a crappy position, as has everyone. No one really wants this but it's beyond everyone's control. I'm sure Wolves feel between a rock and a hard place too, God forbid they upset their army of online Mexican fans who bring in all that fantasy money. I think Mexico could have been more understanding though.

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Agreed. As much as he loves his country and playing for them, 10 days in isolation away from his family and friends in a hotel after all he has been through will not be appealing. I imagine he wouldn't say that as he won't want to upset his Mexican manager or supporters, but will feel it. He's been put in a crappy position, as has everyone. No one really wants this but it's beyond everyone's control. I'm sure Wolves feel between a rock and a hard place too, God forbid they upset their army of online Mexican fans who bring in all that fantasy money. I think Mexico could have been more understanding though.
He should be saying that to the Mexican association though shouldn't he! It's perfectly reasonable and legitimate and which he has no control over.

In order of responsibility for me:

Mexico
Raul
Wolves

I still maintain that Raul should help us out here. We've got zero points from 3 games and we need a full strength line-up v Watford.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he chooses to not play for country, the press will turn against him saying that playing european football has gotten to his head and that he thinks he's too good for mexico. Their press are evil and will convince mexicans to hate him. Their press are vicious. Maybe that matters to him, as well.

Some posters here are saying he owes it to wolves to play for them because they pay his salary implying he's an ingrate if he doesn't. Same thing. What's he supposed to do?

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
If he chooses to not play for country, the press will turn against him saying that playing european football has gotten to his head and that he thinks he's too good for mexico. Their press are evil and will convince mexicans to hate him. Their press are vicious. Maybe that matters to him, as well.

Some posters here are saying he owes it to wolves to play for them because they pay his salary implying he's an ingrate if he doesn't. Same thing. What's he supposed to do?
State the facts clearly to his followers! 'I want to play, Wolves want me to play for my country, Wolves want me to play in our match vs Watford, i'm not fully match fit, i'm bang out of form but need as much game time as possible, the restrictions require me to isolate for 10 days. Put all that together neither Wolves, Mexico or myself are responsible for this situation but plenty of people did die over the past 12 months due to the pandemic so in this case i stay put to at least offer some value to my club. In the future i will be available for selection and history shows Wolves have always supported my playing for my country'

Simple!

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
State the facts clearly to his followers! 'I want to play, Wolves want me to play for my country, Wolves want me to play in our match vs Watford, i'm not fully match fit, i'm bang out of form but need as much game time as possible, the restrictions require me to isolate for 10 days. Put all that together neither Wolves, Mexico or myself are responsible for this situation but plenty of people did die over the past 12 months due to the pandemic so in this case i stay put to at least offer some value to my club. In the future i will be available for selection and history shows Wolves have always supported my playing for my country'

Simple!
really...you call that simple?

also, these matches are qualifiers for the world cup. mexico needs him, too. he's the #1 striker for them. can you imagine argentina not taking messi because his club needs him? won't happen. same with any other top striker. england wouldn't put up with that, either.

Back
Top Bottom