Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mutchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has been mentioned on the roll call thread, but we haven’t heard from Mutchy for a while. She is normally kept busy keeping us all in check. I know her health has been an issue, I just hope Mutchy is ok. I am sure we will all be grateful if anyone has any information.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It has been mentioned on the roll call thread, but we haven’t heard from Mutchy for a while. She is normally kept busy keeping us all in check. I know her health has been an issue, I just hope Mutchy is ok. I am sure we will all be grateful if anyone has any information.
Maybe Bod?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Been thinking the same thing Frank.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Mutchy has decided to take a break from the forum. Too much abuse and it's not good for her health. There will be those who think they have "won" they haven't. Some should be hanging their heads in shame with some of the crap she had to put up with.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By the way. What's the roll call thread?

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mutchy has decided to take a break from the forum. Too much abuse and it's not good for her health. There will be those who think they have "won" they haven't. Some should be hanging their heads in shame with some of the crap she had to put up with.

I'm sorry to hear that Bod. Having a break from here from time to time (and all social media) is a very good thing to do, we can so easily get sucked into some pretty ugly vortex's on the internet, often without even realising it.

Mutchy and I aren't on either ones Christmas Card list and we sure don't see eye to eye on much at al but I still wouldn't want anyone to be harassed on here.

take care now Mutchy :)

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah - I hope she feels she can come back sometime, maybe just as a normal poster if the Mod job is too stressful?

All the Best Mutchy - you've put a great deal of effort and passion into this Forum over the years. Hope you feel you can come back soon.

R

reanswolf

Really sorry to hear this and I hope she is ok.

What I will say is that Mutchy was also a poster and moderator. We have had this discussion before, and generally people concluded that Mods should be able to post as well as moderate.

That is fine, but then they lose their impartiality and if they act also as a poster then they have to expect people to treat them as posters too. We all get crap thrown at us during these discussions, which are cleary sensitive at times. I have had loads of insinuations and worse thrown at me because of my stance on specific subjects, and I give as good as I get back because its expected. Sometimes it's not for the faint-hearted and I suppose the reality sadly but inevitably is that if you can't take the heat don't play with fire.

So again, yes Mods do have the right to post if they want to, but don't expect to be treated or respected as judge and jury thereafter. Thats tough I know, because they do a great job of moderating, voluntarily.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, I really hope Mutchy is ok.

Reactions: DPE

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What I will say is that Mutchy was also a poster and moderator. We have had this discussion before, and generally people concluded that Mods should be able to post as well as moderate.

That is fine, but then they lose their impartiality and if they act also as a poster then they have to expect people to treat them as posters too. We all get crap thrown at us during these discussions, which are cleary sensitive at times. I have had loads of insinuations and worse thrown at me because of my stance on specific subjects, and I give as good as I get back because its expected. Sometimes it's not for the faint-hearted and I suppose the reality sadly but inevitably is that if you can't take the heat don't play with fire.

So again, yes Mods do have the right to post if they want to, but don't expect to be treated or respected as judge and jury thereafter. Thats tough I know, because they do a great job of moderating, voluntarily.

Fair call fella

Reactions: DPE

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unlike you to turn this into a moan.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy the rest Sue.
Moderating is such a thankless task but very necessary.
Some of the other clubs forums, don't appear to be moderated as stringently as ours, which is reflected in some of the unsavoury posts.
Much prefer the way ours is handled.
No need for the unnecessary abuse towards the mods though.
Hope you feel ready to return, before too long.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take a good break Mutchy and hope your health improves soon
Personally i dont think this forum is anywhere near as bad as it was a few years back,but you know what your letting yourself in for if you post stuff on any form of social media
The faceless keyboard warriors are always brave behind the mask of anonymity
Not condoning any form of abuse and mods always have a thankless task,but you need a thick skin at times on here, and if it gets to you walk away, its not worth getting stressed over kiddo

SeaWolf

Reaction score
Mutchy was also a poster and moderator. We have had this discussion before, and generally people concluded that Mods should be able to post as well as moderate.
This is true, and it can be a difficult tightrope to walk, posting as a member rather than as a mod. It should not be beyond the abilities of the rest of us to recognise which is the case, and respond accordingly and appropriately.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
This is true, and it can be a difficult tightrope to walk, posting as a member rather than as a mod. It should not be beyond the abilities of the rest of us to recognise which is the case, and respond accordingly and appropriately.
Maybe a way round it is that the Moderators have a separate Moniker to their Moderator one for when they want to contribute to a thread. They wouldn’t have to announce it and certain posters wouldn’t be ready to pounce .

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very best wishes to you Sue. Please look after yourself. Though I rarely post these days I check in almost every day. Over the years I've noticed how much more vitriolic some of the posts - and posters - have become. In some ways I understand as our emotions can often get the better of us. That said, there is no excuse for some of the nonsense I see on here. And it is indeed nonsense, coupled with an apparent eagerness to both give and take offence at the drop of a hat.
Keep well!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we probably all get the gist of what you are saying Reans, but I think it come across as harsh.

Personally I can't see why you can't be a poster and a moderator. I have done it before on other sites, but you have to know what lines to cross and can't play favourites.

Sad if an online forum starts getting I your head. All the best Mutchy.

R

reanswolf

I think we probably all get the gist of what you are saying Reans, but I think it come across as harsh.

Personally I can't see why you can't be a poster and a moderator. I have done it before on other sites, but you have to know what lines to cross and can't play favourites.

Possibly and if so I’m sorry.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

There shouldn’t be a problem but some posters will always be ready to pounce accusing them of favouring certain posters if they get called out .
The thing is Moderators can’t sit there 24/7 and moderate every post ,sometimes things get missed .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There shouldn’t be a problem but some posters will always be ready to pounce accusing them of favouring certain posters if they get called out .
The thing is Moderators can’t sit there 24/7 and moderate every post ,sometimes things get missed .
Absolutely.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm glad that at least Sue has just made the decision herself rather than a worse explanation. I'm sure many will know of the health problems she has, and it's very sad that she feels her vital role here has made them harder to deal with. I think most posters understand that although there can be niggles on here, the moderation makes it a generally friendly place even when people differ. There have been lots of threads where posters have received wonderful support at difficult times and Sue is often heavily in involved in promoting those. Anyway I'm sure the best thing is just to wish her well and make it clear how much she is missed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly l agree that Mutchy has obviously spent much time and effort on this forum and doesn't deserve grief. I hope that she benefits from the break and comes back stronger.

Secondly I've seen some forums where moderator posts are in a different colour. The alternative is that separate moderator accounts be set up. Either option makes it very clear very fast.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy your break @Mutchy Hope you soon feel ready to come back either as a regular forum member or as a moderator (but take as long as you need). I guess sometimes it must feel like your hard work goes unnoticed or unappreciated, so just want to say that I think most of us appreciate the difficulty of the moderating a forum and on the whole you and other mods do a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom