Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mutchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss you Mutchy. Who else kept me from blasting away these peasants with my incisive wit and withering banter.

I need your strong hand on the rudder damn it.

PS, in the meantime can I post lovely pics of the gorgeous ladies?

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
All the very best Mutchy and hope to see you posting on here when it feels right for you to do so.

I’ve seen many of your interactions over many years and can see, clearly, your commitment, not just to our football club but to this forum.

Fortunately, I have never needed to interact with you in your role as ‘moderator’ as I have developed the necessary skills to be able to communicate in written form without the need of my words being moderated!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Reading a lot of the comments on here reminds me of the lyrics of “I need you” by The Jam….

I need you to keep me straight,
When the world don't seem so great,
And it's hard enough you know
I need you to be around
When my conscience brings me down
And the world seems so obscure
I want you to be the one
Who tells me off when I do wrong,
And you know I can be bad
I need you, I need you
Say you'll stay, make my day
Now what have I done,
Was it something I said - oh dear
I need you to turn me off,
When you think I've said enough,
To the extent of being a bore
I need you to tell me no
Slap my wrists and send me home
Tell me I can't come again
Now why are you crying -
Have I gone too far - again
I need you keep me straight,
when the world don't seem so great
and its hard enough you know
I need you, I need you
Say you'll stay
Make my day

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve only been posting on here for a relatively short time but have been viewing for years, so I am aware of the time and effort Mutchy has put into this site. Have a good rest Mutchy and come back soon.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

I miss you Mutchy. Who else kept me from blasting away these peasants with my incisive wit and withering banter.

I need your strong hand on the rudder damn it.

PS, in the meantime can I post lovely pics of the gorgeous ladies?
I think we were both trained at the same school of thought.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I’ve only been asked to cease and desist (swear filter evasion) a couple of times by Mutchy but have seen her moderation in action. She is fair and hasn’t deserved the abuse that some have neared out. She is also a class person, I don’t know her personally but when my dog dies she sent me a DM to offer condolences.

This is a members forum that we don’t have to pay for. Mutchy spends a considerable amount of time moderating and has been very tolerant and managed thins superbly. However some people decide that abuse and causing trouble is their right. You should be ashamed that your behaviour has bullied a decent person to take time away.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully Mutchy reads the comments on this thread and realizes we are fully behind her, and we hope she soon feels better and is able to return to the forum.
I have read them, thank you.
My choice was to leave quietly, with no fuss at all, but the genuine good wishes and concern on the thread are heart warming to read, and really very much appreciated.
I've kept in touch with bod and tim, who are good friends to me, and will continue to do so.
I honestly don't know when - or if - I'll be back to more than an infrequent visitor/contributor to the forum, but I doubt very much that I will return to how things were previously. Finally the sponge is pretty saturated.
My Wolves support remains undiminished of course. There's an awful lot to be said for concentrating on games without worrying about what kind of hell is breaking loose on the comms thread!

Reaction score
My choice was to leave quietly, with no fuss at all, but the genuine good wishes and concern on the thread are heart warming to read, and really very much appreciated.
I've kept in touch with bod and tim, who are good friends to me, and will continue to do so.
I honestly don't know when - or if - I'll be back to more than an infrequent visitor/contributor to the forum, but I doubt very much that I will return to how things were previously. Finally the sponge is pretty saturated.
My Wolves support remains undiminished of course. There's an awful lot to be said for concentrating on games without worrying about what kind of hell is breaking loose on the comms thread!
Enjoy the peace. :)

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Had anyone abused her???
And I need to apologise to the other posts not receiving an individual reply while giving one to something like this. And probably to continue to work on my ability to walk away!

I don't understand how you've managed to pick one post out as something to question or try to discredit, while apparently managing to completely ignore the one from @bod101 earlier in the thread - a post that is even referred to in the one above your choice of quote.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I need to apologise to the other posts not receiving an individual reply while giving one to something like this. And probably to continue to work on my ability to walk away!

I don't understand how you've managed to pick one post out as something to question or try to discredit, while apparently managing to completely ignore the one from @bod101 earlier in the thread - a post that is even referred to in the one above your choice of quote.
I think you have done well mutchy, you've called me out a few times on the swear filter , which is fair.
It does kick off on here a fair bit which is difficult to control.
It probably tires you out which is understandable. This forum is still the best around and its so addictive.
You need to look after yourself which is the right thing to do. Best wishes .

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Superbly put, summing up why you needed to withdraw. Take care of yourself, your interactions with me have always been kind and balanced. Most of all, enjoy the football without the worry - about the Mix, if not the result!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The important thing is you look after yourself. I thank you for your help and understanding since I have been on here. Hopefully at some stage you will feel ready to return.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I reckon this is my chance to get away with some mischief now!

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best Mutchy, you will be supported whatever happens.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow!

I was asking for the right reasons as I was shocked how it was described as abuse at frequent level!! Posters always have a fallout and it goes too far, I'm guilty of that! But for a mod to receive constant abuse was a surprise to read!

Apologies that you've taken my question in the way you have. I meant no malice whatsoever! I'm a bit shocked you reacted the way you did.

That aside it's completely out of order if abuse has been directed at you to the levels described, I've not seen it first hand hence why I was surprised.

Hope you are well though and get back on here soon

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
There's an awful lot to be said for concentrating on games without worrying about what kind of hell is breaking loose on the comms thread!
Funny thing is that I have some of the same thoughts during the game when something bad happens or we lose - like, "oh man, the MolMix is going to be crap for the next few days!" or "Ugh, people are going to give Semedo pelters..." The OTT responses are so toxic that it's not fun to come on here. Must have been 100x worse for someone like you to volunteer to keep the lid on the forum during those moments so I don't blame you one bit for walking away. Hope you still post and contribute from time-to-time without the responsibility of keeping the children from fighting :)

Best of luck to you, Mutchy!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow!

I was asking for the right reasons as I was shocked how it was described as abuse at frequent level!! Posters always have a fallout and it goes too far, I'm guilty of that! But for a mod to receive constant abuse was a surprise to read!

Apologies that you've taken my question in the way you have. I meant no malice whatsoever! I'm a bit shocked you reacted the way you did.

That aside it's completely out of order if abuse has been directed at you to the levels described, I've not seen it first hand hence why I was surprised.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow!

Must admit that I too didn’t quite get her reply even though I’ve read it several times.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit that I too didn’t quite get her reply even though I’ve read it several times.
Thanks. The ones that 'liked' her response confused me a little to be honest.

Her response, singling me out was unfair. Water off a ducks back but perhaps an example of why there is animosity between mods and posters....

I fully sympathise with her plight and wish her a speedy recovery but while she was quick enough to try and point me out as some bad egg I hope shes as quick to realise her mistake and retract it.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For Gods sake make sure you still contribute to the 6 Nations thread @Mutchy.

They know we are the superior team. But @Wonder Boyo and I need reinforcements at times

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. The ones that 'liked' her response confused me a little to be honest.

Her response, singling me out was unfair. Water off a ducks back but perhaps an example of why there is animosity between mods and posters....

I fully sympathise with her plight and wish her a speedy recovery but while she was quick enough to try and point me out as some bad egg I hope shes as quick to realise her mistake and retract it.
All I said was I didn’t understand her post but I am not agreeing with most of what you’ve posted on this one.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I said was I didn’t understand her post but I am not agreeing with most of what you’ve posted on this one.
That's cool mate. The only bit I've suggested you may not agree on is the somewhat friction between mods and posters, I did say 'perhaps' a reason not it is.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad to hear that she's dealing with this and it's been so mentally hard. I wish her nothing but the best and hope that things improve for her! Will be great to have back when she's ready.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally I don't know how you stuck at being a Mod for so long: its a big job and a mainly thankless one to boot. People can often be at the very worst when hiding behind a computer screen and I include myself in that

you do what is best for you and we will keep bickering with one another regardless

take care :cool:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes Mutchy, appreciated what you've done over the years for myself and others.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow!

Had anyone abused her???
This looks as though you were questioning whether anything had happened or not.
Had your reaction been something more along the lines of 'Has Mutchy been abused??', then no problem at all.

Abused is a strong accusation though especially when it was implied it was frequent.
Nowhere has it been said that abuse was constant - it wasn't.
Or even frequent, though thats a little harder to assess. I'd say modding frequently comes with a response - probably more so over the last 18 months - that gets really wearing.
Abuse can happen in one go though, and/or build up, in different ways and circumstances, to the point where it becomes too much.
There are things @bod101 and I have both experienced that we shouldn't have had to... One day you can be shrugging it off, and then perhaps another day the realisation hits that you don't want to put yourself in that position any longer. It switches from being a positive with some negatives, to a negative with some positives. Perhaps having a detrimental effect. Then you have to take stock of the situation, and do whats best for you. I guess we all have a tipping point.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best Mutchy, hope having a break does you the world of good, it’s a thankless task alright and you’ve always undertaken it with aplomb.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had your reaction been something more along the lines of 'Has Mutchy been abused??', then no problem at all.

Or even frequent, though thats a little harder to assess. I'd say modding frequently comes with a response - probably more so over the last 18 months - that gets really wearing.
Abuse can happen in one go though, and/or build up, in different ways and circumstances, to the point where it becomes too much.
There are things @bod101 and I have both experienced that we shouldn't have had to... One day you can be shrugging it off, and then perhaps another day the realisation hits that you don't want to put yourself in that position any longer. It switches from being a positive with some negatives, to a negative with some positives. Perhaps having a detrimental effect. Then you have to take stock of the situation, and do whats best for you. I guess we all have a tipping point.
Sorry it has happened to you Mutchy. Yep, the constant drip of people having a pop can be very wearing, especially when it gets like a personal attack. As you say, do what's best for you. All the best OG.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How it looks to you wasn't worthy of trying to put me in the spot light!

You've chosen to ignore my message that was the one that actually needed the reply from you. Disappointed you've back off from apologising for incorrectly taking a genuine concerning message the wrong way then to single me out as if I'm degrading the issue!!

And the comment was 'too much abuse' from Bod in the initial message, that implies frequently.....

I've had messages from others who also are surprised you're response was what it was.

Anyway, I'll say get well soon again....

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly a genuinely all round decent person who does a brilliant job moderating round here. Without her.... "there goes the neighbourhood", as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom