Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure, has he played yet since being injured?! :confused:

He's very far from my favourite player and I'd probably not have signed him but in fairness when he's around the box he's dangerous. Sometimes only to himself but at least he looks like he wants to score and make the runs. I'd be happy to have him and jimenez play off each other for a game with michael bran... podence behind.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Hwang isn’t scoring tap ins (they all count so fair enough) then he offers absolutely zero. Doesn’t beat a man, doesn’t/can’t cross, gives the ball away or goes backwards.

I’d play him in a 352 with Raul but that’s it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's very far from my favourite player and I'd probably not have signed him but in fairness when he's around the box he's dangerous. Sometimes only to himself but at least he looks like he wants to score and make the runs. I'd be happy to have him and jimenez play off each other for a game with michael bran... podence behind.

Yeah TBF to him at least he’s scored!

Should have pulled the trigger much earlier when he created that chance today, very frustrating.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Not good enough scored 5 goals that’s it does not really beat a man and put a cross in prefer Podence at least he tries different things don’t always come off but he is creative as is Neto in limited time even Chiquino offers more

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I'd only play him centrally, dunno of capable on his own there, maybe in a two.

But he is what he is, a 10 mil forward.
Spot on. He does put a shift in too so he's not one I'd criticise too harshly. He's an upper Championship / lower PL player and performs as you'd expect. I quite like him but he doesn't look good enough for where we want to be now - top half at least.

He's got a better song than Neto.

Reactions: Ian

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m willing to reserve judgment until he’s played in lages preferred set up and system.

The team and squad are shot

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does appear to be quite a cool finisher on occasions.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We panicked and splurged it early after it was reported that the likes of Man City and Spurs were sniffing around.

We should have been cuter in the market.
Spend a million to have exclusivity at the end of the loan (not an obligation) and see how he performs over the full term.

I think he's OK, would I have spent £10m on him...? Not sure. £10m buys you **** all these days, but £10m in the summer market might be the difference between Lage getting the squad he wants or missing out on vital players.

Just a general observation. I think we're in a false position - Even when we were picking up 3 points the performances weren't great. Hwang wasn't available for those games, so it's difficult to connect his individual performances with those of the team as a whole.

This final quarter of the season will tell Lage more about the character and capabilities of of the squad than the first three quarters.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
What do people expect for 13M?if he was better be would not be with us. Not saying we are not attractive but being Korean, his marketing value alone would take him elsewhere.
In any case, hes been unfairly picked out as none of our forwards have done anything recently. At least you can see effort from Hwang.
To be honest it's hard for any forward to do well in this team, never mind one that's new to this league.
He's shown he can score goals. He is fast and mobile and can go past players. But he can't be expected to carry the team. He is not a dominant character in the team which may be a language thing. In a more confident team and with different tactics, I am confident he will play his part in the success of our team.
So now, pls give him some slack. Pls dont vilify him to the extent of Adama.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half yesterday he was at his best when attacking the box. Same as always. This idea he can play wide is crazy given he's not once played well there imho. He loses the ball constantly or gets pulled too far back etc.

He gets goals. Play him where he can be direct and trouble the goal!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Hwang isn’t scoring tap ins (they all count so fair enough) then he offers absolutely zero. Doesn’t beat a man, doesn’t/can’t cross, gives the ball away or goes backwards.

I’d play him in a 352 with Raul but that’s it.

The problem is that we don't have anyone else who is even in the right position to score tap ins. Well, other than Coady. Says something about our forwards reluctance to get stuck in.

Take Hwangs tap-ins off and the season just gets even worse, though, doesn't it? It's not like his presence is keeping some lethal striker out of the side.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is technically poor, but if his forward runs weren't ignored so much and he was played the ball when he got in behind he'd look much better. Sadly we have one player in the whole team who does that.
Looked very isolated as a winger despite his work rate I think he is worth trying along side Raul may offer something different like the Newcastle home game

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a wide attacker. Not a winger, not a striker.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The problem is that we don't have anyone else who is even in the right position to score tap ins. Well, other than Coady. Says something about our forwards reluctance to get stuck in.

Take Hwangs tap-ins off and the season just gets even worse, though, doesn't it? It's not like his presence is keeping some lethal striker out of the side.
Yeah, scoring tap ins isn't a bad thing. He is a double digit goal a season player I think, which is a nice option to have and we have literally only had 1 of those since we got promoted. Two in our history in the Prem.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
It's his first season here and he's had injuries! Semedo looked a liability when he came but has settled in nicely now.

I agree that he needs to be played more centrally but he's worth a punt.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It takes a while for players to settle in and get used to the premier league he’s had injuries let’s give him a chance

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems wasted, sort of like Jota was, in that wide role. Has too much to do, like all our wide players in fairness.

Wouldnt mind seeing him up front with either Raul or Silva to be honest.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's definitely wasted on the wing as I feel his best asset is his finishing. Needs to play centrally, either replacing Raul where we have 3 up front (i don't think this is the best way), or play alongside Raul in a 3-5-2 (my preferred option).

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Spurs lineup v Everton, they played wing backs, similar 2 in midfield (maybe a bit more athletic than ours?) but their 3 up front were closer together and their wing backs pushed further up. We need Hwang, Podence and Jiminez central and closer together to be more effective.
Hwangs runs are all we've got at the moment.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at Spurs lineup v Everton, they played wing backs, similar 2 in midfield (maybe a bit more athletic than ours?) but their 3 up front were closer together and their wing backs pushed further up. We need Hwang, Podence and Jiminez central and closer together to be more effective.
Hwangs runs are all we've got at the moment.
Bentancur is the kind of midfielder we need. Mobile, can run with the ball and pick a pass.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't believe he stayed down when we were on the attack. Obviously there was nothing wrong with him so he gets up after the attack has finished.
I have given Hwang the benefit of the doubt as he does occasionally score, but I agree on this, staying down supposedly injured while we were attacking on Saturday only to get up OK afterwards really ****ed me off.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Suffers from the same issue as the wing backs. Possession is valued over taking a chance and using the space in front of them. Frustrating to watch the ball find it's way back to our defensive players.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't believe he stayed down when we were on the attack. Obviously there was nothing wrong with him so he gets up after the attack has finished.
Yep, has done it a few times now and it's starting to become a real issue. As soon as he stays down we lose a third of our attacking options in an instant. Needs to cut it out quickly.

Back
Top Bottom