Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn’t really fit the way we play. His finishing isn’t bad when he gets chances, but he’s not going to create many of those himself. Played as a no. 9 alongside a 10 he might be OK. So we could play him and Raul together, but if you do that what do you do with Podence, Neto and Trianco ?
Otherwise all best he’s backup to Raul in the middle of a front three. In games like yesterday he is just not in the game a lot of the time.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
I actually like hwang I think he is a good finisher can't think of many glaring misses when he's been in on goal and honestly think if some of rauls opportunities that he's missed I.e arsenal away last night ect he would have put them away I do accept that he can be anonymous at times especially in a front 2 but it maybe after a full season in the prem behind him we may see more from him next season like we have with semado who I recall alot of people were saying was a waste of money last year

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Probably not a Fosun fit, but given Watford very likely to be relegated, would like to see us (at least) be looking at Saar and/or Dennis. I've dropped this in the Hwang thread, cos we need something different, a different option, when unpredictable things happen.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am trying to like him because I'm a Wolves fan and I've always supported our players, except Jamie o bloody Hara, but I just can't see anything about Hwang that shows why we bought him. He comes across as a nice bloke, but just a very average player. Bringing him on last night and not fabio, who was great in his cameo appearance, was one of the reasons we lost. Have I got this wrong, because I just cannot see anything about him that makes him good for our club

Hwang is an average player that adds some more depth to the squad ,who we paid the going rate for.
I don't think we needed to rush into making him permanent .... BUT .... unlike Fabio he does score.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang is an average player that adds some more depth to the squad ,who we paid the going rate for.
I don't think we needed to rush into making him permanent .... BUT .... unlike Fabio he does score.
Yes

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem for me is that ,unlike Podence, Neto and Trincao , he was signed to score goals, not create goals for others.
Amd he doesn’t do that enough. .

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pretty uninspiring player isn't he? Doesn't excel at anything. Can't for the life of me figure out why we paid up front early for him.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
So the hate for Hwang is building. He's the new whipping boy. Not a great player by any means judging on latest performances but can score goals which is not an easy thing to do in the PL. If he turns out to be merely a squad player then we've paid what he's worth. I have a feeling we've yet to see the best of him - he's only been with with for less than a season, in a new league, new team mates, had injury problems and not being fluent in the language. Last season Semedo, Podence, RAN to name just 3 were widely criticised but they have come good. Give the boy a chance.

T

TheConcourse

I don’t know what he is or where he fits tbh.

I thought he was a #9 after watching him as a wide forward, but we haven’t seen him there yet. Bruno keeps persisting with him as a wide player. Don’t get it.

Things I like about him:

Ability to press
Can finish
Good pace

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm... only a couple of seasons ago, he was being hyped around Europe as "the next big thing". Excelled at Salzburg, I'm not up on European players but even I had heard of him and remember him in that incredible Liverpool 4-3 match. Around that time, was seen as the type of player we could only dream of acquiring.

But then his career stalled somewhat, the big move to Leipzig didn't seem to work out. Though wasn't their talk that he was affected by long covid?

Perhaps a reminder that at a young age it is all "potential" and players careers are not just an inevitable linear progression upwards? At every stage, more fall by the wayside than make it to the next level.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 26 not 22 so how much improvement will there be. He is pretty much anonymous most games.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what he is or where he fits tbh.

I thought he was a #9 after watching him as a wide forward, but we haven’t seen him there yet. Bruno keeps persisting with him as a wide player. Don’t get it.

Things I like about him:

Ability to press
Can finish
Good pace

Things that are disappointing - no aerial ability. It's still a vital part of the game and something we lack in our forwards. Fair enough, don't want to go full-on Burnley, but we are now at the other extreme. Now it's admitted that the headband hinders Raul's heading, getting the centre halves forward for set pieces is all we have in that department. Unless we retrain Saiss or Boly as centre forwards. :D

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 26 not 22 so how much improvement will there be. He is pretty much anonymous most games.

He scored 0 in 20 games for Leipzig last season. He's got 5 in 22 for us. Probably clutching at straws, but doesn't that look like a decent step in the right direction?

Too soon to write him off, maybe. Especially when he looks better more central, but is often played out wide. And in a team that struggles to score goals, the 5 he's scored can't be hand waved away that easily. He's not the only one anonymous most games.. only they don't even crop up with a goal, either. Plenty of players improve after 26, he's not an old man yet . Vardy, even Lewandoski, far better strikers at 30 than at 25.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hes never going to be the most exciting of players, however he seems to have that ability to be in the right place at the right time and is probably the best finisher in the squad.

He is also still settling into the Premier League it took Semedo a year to settle so I'm prepared to give Hwang the benefit of that.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much did we pay for him. Taking into consideration his age this was a player for the here and now. The cost of getting him in shows he's probably excelled where he should be already! Anyone expecting more from him is going to be very very let down

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We saw the best of him and Raul when they played together as a 2, like Jota and Raul used to.

However Bruno seems to prefer 3 up top, and for me he’s not a winger. He’s a support striker.

It’s u fortunate he missed the run of games that we played with 3 midfielders/2 up top due to his injury.

Like Adama, he’s a good player who doesn’t really fit into our style of play

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Fairly underwhelming player, but I don't understand why we keep sticking him on the wing in a 343. His main success was playing up top next to Haaland, yet we never pair him with Raul even when we do decide to go 352. It's a formation we struggle to generate any sort of attack in, why not give him a chance up top and slide Podence into more of an attacking midfield role?

DJW

Reaction score
Sign of how well Trincao played, we have a new Scapegoat, Yaaaay

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...and is probably the best finisher in the squad.
What are people basing this on? The two goals he scored in one game at the beginning of October, both of which a decent keeper should have comfortably saved?

Absolute madness to commit to this deal earlier than needed, completely sums up the transfer policy of the past 2/3 years.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The more important thing will be to change the style of play. We are a nightmare to play against, particularly for the better teams as we are so hard to break down. 5 at the back plus 2 defensive mids makes only 3 attacking players. A transformation to a more attacking team will make us more vulnerable but the current style has taken us as far as we can go (7th / 8th). It will need a preseason to bed in and it should provide a better platform for players like Hwang to shine. I think he has been signed to fit into this future.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible performance from him today was hiding from the ball at spells.. As the wide player he is meant to be the creative spark but as soon as he gets the ball under a little pressure he just wants rid of it.... Less said about his first touch the better he takes an age getting the ball under control!

Shouldn't be starting games for us and serious questions need to be asked why they made this deal permanent as he has been average at best for a while now!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell you what I'm bloody fed up of wolves right now. It gets to you at times. There's always something that screws things up and knocks us back.

Back
Top Bottom