Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jo Lescott and Matt Murray are loved by all Wolves fans .

But they made mistakes , everyone does

I feel if they were coming through now with social media and most fans being experts on having a negative opinion they'd get slatted and not good enough.
What mistakes did Lescott and Murray make? Please don’t say you believe the urban myth of them being done over by the Johnsons?!?!?!? That’s my favourite conspiracy since the moon landings, it’s simply made up and never happened. It’s up there with when people think Bully didn’t play for England because he punched Lineker, that didn’t happen either

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What mistakes did Lescott and Murray make? Please don’t say you believe the urban myth of them being done over by the Johnsons?!?!?!? That’s my favourite conspiracy since the moon landings, it’s simply made up and never happened. It’s up there with when people think Bully didn’t play for England because he punched Lineker, that didn’t happen either
I can think of one huge mistake Lescott made. Blue and white stripey one.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Er, yeah that's just a thinly veiled attack on his transfer. His transfer here had nothing to do with the drop off we suffered, although you're tenuously linking the two, and what does his wage have to do with anything? Seems like you're bitter towards Silva himself. Which is absolutely barking up the wrong tree

We sold our goalscorers, another got injured and didn't replace them properly. It's not an attack on Fabio at all. It's blaming whoever made the decision to spend the funds on a development project rather than an actual goal scorer. Look at the flapping around since, Willian Jose ,Deigo Costa. No neeed to for a thinly veiled attack on the decision makers. It's blatent we have got it wrong. The "Goals For" column for 3 seasons is fact, not opinion. Our goal scoring is historical levels of abysmal. There is a reason. I don't subscribe to magical thinking "it's just one of those things". Poor decision making. And the decision to put all the eggs in a basket labelled Fabio was one of them.

If we get relegated, we'll see whose bitter!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I liked that I could watch his games in Belgium but that league is trash. Happy he moved on.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sold our goalscorers, another got injured and didn't replace them properly. It's not an attack on Fabio at all. It's blaming whoever made the decision to spend the funds on a development project rather than an actual goal scorer. Look at the flapping around since, Willian Jose ,Deigo Costa. No neeed to for a thinly veiled attack on the decision makers. It's blatent we have got it wrong. The "Goals For" column for 3 seasons is fact, not opinion. Our goal scoring is historical levels of abysmal. There is a reason. I don't subscribe to magical thinking "it's just one of those things". Poor decision making. And the decision to put all the eggs in a basket labelled Fabio was one of them.

If we get relegated, we'll see whose bitter!
You put it down to that though, same as you look at anyone's goalscoring record and instantly rule them out of improving it. I put our two seasons before this down to a necessary battening down of the hatches in season one (look how today's opponents have been this season to see how one long season can drag you down in the following) and then an idiot of a manager who was so out of his depth he crawled into playing a scared style of football hoping not to lose every game and never taking a risk to create anything. I expect Lopetegui to gradually get us picking up in the goalscoring charts

The Silva deal was always a long term project - which got derailed by our best player almost being killed on the pitch. You have to understand with a fit Raúl pre-injury we could never have got an experienced, high level centre forward in, so Silva was brought in to be the future and ultimately take over from Raúl. The Silva deal can still turn out as initially intended. If he has a solid run at PSV and gets a few goals, we have next season a 21 year old striker who in his first full season has scored circa 20 goals at decent levels and qualifies as home grown. That player costs a lot of money, is very hard to get if he's at another club, and that's what we bought him for

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the bench again for a cup game.

In fairness, van Nistelrooy has gone strong but even after just three games slightly concerning.

He's not going away from the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 so it's always one central striker and Luuk de Jong is the captain and main man for the team.

Really don't understand some of the loans that we do. Anyone should know that Silva's going to struggle to play every week in a side that has one striker and the captain plays that position.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could do with. Getting a start de Jong starts ahead of him again tonight

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In fairness, van Nistelrooy has gone strong but even after just three games slightly concerning.

He's not going away from the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 so it's always one central striker and Luuk de Jong is the captain and main man for the team.

Really don't understand some of the loans that we do. Anyone should know that Silva's going to struggle to play every week in a side that has one striker and the captain plays that position.
Silva instigated the move by all accounts and chose PSV over Burnley so if it doesn't go well, it's on him.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally. Coming on for the last 12.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It wasn’t just ‘a cup game’, though. They’re now through to the quarters. Not sure Fabio being on the bench is the dis’ you suspect it is.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn’t just ‘a cup game’, though. They’re now through to the quarters. Not sure Fabio being on the bench is the dis’ you suspect it is.
I mentioned he went strong. Irrelevant though. We need him playing and he's not in the best XI.

Geordie Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he is cupped tied for PSV’s Europa League games as he played for Anderlecht is the UEFA Conference?
I’m near Eindhoven the day of their game vs. Sevilla and have got myself a ticket.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think this was the smartest move on our part. He just isn't going to get games unless they get injuries.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think this was the smartest move on our part. He just isn't going to get games unless they get injuries.
Happens far too often considering Matt Jackson (I think) is literally a dedicated loan manager.

Corbeanu went to Sheff Wed who don't play wingers. Giles went to Blackburn where he didn't play and wasn't going to. Sanderson went to QPR when their best player at the time was Rob Dickie who played right centre-back. Now Silva.

I know you can never guarantee success but those four examples were all ridiculous and could've been identified before they went.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he is cupped tied for PSV’s Europa League games as he played for Anderlecht is the UEFA Conference?
I’m near Eindhoven the day of their game vs. Sevilla and have got myself a ticket.
Not cup tied as it's a different competition.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happens far too often considering Matt Jackson (I think) is literally a dedicated loan manager.

Corbeanu went to Sheff Wed who don't play wingers. Giles went to Blackburn where he didn't play and wasn't going to. Sanderson went to QPR when their best player at the time was Rob Dickie who played right centre-back. Now Silva.

I know you can never guarantee success but those four examples were all ridiculous and could've been identified before they went.
Corbeanu did start but then they changed the system and he was then mostly benched.

T

TheConcourse

He should be here where he would be getting games.
Clearly a better option than Costa on the pitch, and clearly would have benefitted from being around Costa and JL.

I don’t understand the logic of people spaffing over Nistelrooy. The guy is the manager. He’s never going to pour his time into a loan player who is highly unlikely to be there next season.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve padded out their squad with a cheap loan option.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking good... filled out a bit and I hope he'll be back in contention for us next season. Wolves have done exactly the right thing loaning him out to get more experience and confidence. 6-0 now and he played a part in that goal after scoring the 5th.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, he should be here. Think he is more ready for the Prem than Cunha is. And Raul and Costa just no.

Actually I would go as far as saying 18 year old Fabio would be more useful here and now than Costa and Raul are. 3 or 4 goals from limited minutes in a team that created next to nothing was a lot more impressive than anyone gave it credit for at the time.
I think loaning him out was more of a mistake than any of the more experienced players we lost. But anyway, now we've signed Own Goal it doesn't really matter.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Again, he should be here. Think he is more ready for the Prem than Cunha is. And Raul and Costa just no.

Actually I would go as far as saying 18 year old Fabio would be more useful here and now than Costa and Raul are. 3 or 4 goals from limited minutes in a team that created next to nothing was a lot more impressive than anyone gave it credit for at the time.
I think loaning him out was more of a mistake than any of the more experienced players we lost. But anyway, now we've signed Own Goal it doesn't really matter.

So you think Costa wasn't crucial for our win today?

He was brilliant when he came on, played a part in both goals.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think Costa wasn't crucial for our win today?

He was brilliant when he came on, played a part in both goals.
I’ve said before but sometimes we just need someone in that area in the box as opposed to players always preferring to be coming from deeper positions. Costa was the perfect sub today especially with Raul in the bench who I thought would come in if cuhna was to come off

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Personally I feel Fabio would very probably have benefited more by being back here and part of the current squad, especially as we now have a few really positive characters here such as Costa and Cunha (and obviously JL and his team)... For me it's a wasted opportunity (not to have him here now).

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think silva will be coming back . For me we will cash in on him and get our money back plus say A bit extra on his next move .

I reckon he does ok he will say he doesn't want to come back .

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is getting help from Van Nistelroy so I do want him back!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being 20 years old and having scored in the top division of four different countries!

My opinion is he should be leading the line for us from next season (and probably would be now had he not pushed for a loan)

Back
Top Bottom