Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the games that I've watched while he's been on loan (about 3-4 games), I actually think that he can play the second striker role better than Cunha. :eek:

I think that Fabio is ready to make a solid contribution to the team - he may not be consistently ready to "lead the line," but he can certainly play as the second striker or as an inside forward. His link up play and movement off the ball is pretty damn good. His hold up play is much better than before (he's stronger)--not at Costa or Raul levels yet. Therefore, I want to see another striker to come in to provide the focal point so that if we play two up top, then we would have:

NEW/Sasa
Cuhna/Fabio
Or could be inside forward

Sasa/New

Fabio/Hwang Cunha Sarabia/Neto

I’d like him back and think there are options for him. Do I yet know the best position - no. If he does stay though he needs to have good minutes to develop.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m struggling to see why Sarabia features so prominently in next season’s starting line ups. He’s bang average

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t think he’s good enough. No pace. Lightweight. No improvement to the squad. As you say let’s say what next season brings
I don’t think he’s playing in the role that suits him. I’m pretty certain when he scored so many last season he wasn’t playing on the left wing.

It was a funny signing to make in January as he really has done the square root of **** all so far so I’m hoping/assuming that it’s one for next season in a, presumably, new look side/system. Otherwise, yea, he’s not been anywhere near a worthwhile signing.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio has to be at Wolves next season if he is not then I doubt we will ever see him back here, he is out on loan to get game time, during his PSV loan he has got very little of that, had he been at Wolves he would have got more minutes than at PSV.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Or could be inside forward

Sasa/New

Fabio/Hwang Cunha Sarabia/Neto

I’d like him back and think there are options for him. Do I yet know the best position - no. If he does stay though he needs to have good minutes to develop.
Agreed - he can play the inside forward role. He's not as quick as Hwang or Neto, but he's on par with Sarabia and Cunha I think. If you want a little more interchanging and interplay between the forwards (versus pacey winger play), then he's a good pick. I think eventually he will be an out-an-out striker - just right now in his development as a 20 year old, the Premier League would be tough for him to be a regular number nine (although he can interchange during games or serve in the role when needed IMO).

On a separate note, I've seen Gyokeres twice on streaming video and I think Fabio is better, tbh. If we are to get another striker and I think we should push out for one, then I would want better than Gyokeres.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I don't really know standard of Netherlands footie, but is it a concern he not been a regular starter? Curious.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m struggling to see why Sarabia features so prominently in next season’s starting line ups. He’s bang average
At best atm, but may improve with some familiarity. He seems to have more steel than Guedes and Trincao,not difficult admittedly, so I have some hope, but he does look like a Jota lite type.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t think he’s good enough. No pace. Lightweight. No improvement to the squad. As you say let’s say what next season brings
26 games for Spain.
He's obviously good enough. Question is more whether he can adapt to the PL. Players with better pedigree than him has failed to do that.
There's also the question whether we're currently utilising his strengths well enough.

This description of him is an interesting read:

"He shone in Sevilla with his ability to be very effective in the last 25 metres, both on pass and finish. He is left-footed and has a small build (174cm for 70 kilos), and he compensates for that with above-average playing intelligence to get the better of his opponents. Also, the Spaniard has a good work rate, which allows him to be important with but also without the ball. In a team where the forwards have rather a low defensive contribution, this is not negligible."

We've certainly seen the last bit, but not so much the first bit. It can be argued though that we aren't playing very much in the area where he's most effective.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really know standard of Netherlands footie, but is it a concern he not been a regular starter? Curious.
Not really when you look at who he's competing with for the lone striker role. Luuk De Jong may be on the way down but he'd walk into our side and was still in the Dutch squad at the last World Cup - as well as being PSV's captain - so he was always going to be hard to shift. His starts other than at centre forward have generally been on the left side of attack

Belgium is regarded as a similar level to the Championship, Eredivisie is definitely a step up from that, and the PSV side he's in wouldn't have too many problems surviving in the PL in my opinion. Actually think it's been a really good move for him

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Not really when you look at who he's competing with for the lone striker role. Luuk De Jong may be on the way down but he'd walk into our side and was still in the Dutch squad at the last World Cup - as well as being PSV's captain - so he was always going to be hard to shift. His starts other than at centre forward have generally been on the left side of attack

Belgium is regarded as a similar level to the Championship, Eredivisie is definitely a step up from that, and the PSV side he's in wouldn't have too many problems surviving in the PL in my opinion. Actually think it's been a really good move for him
Thanks for that mate. Other than sometimes listening to TalkSport's Trans Euro Express, not really up to speed with Euro football.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assisted the winner after coming on in the 60th Minute for De Jong against Sparta Rotterdam.
He's doing OK.

Back
Top Bottom