Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point I'm making is for half a season Silva may play a part in perhaps 2 games which are somewhere near Prem standard. All the other games will be like playing Champs/ Lg 1 clubs so I do wonder, apart from some minutes on the pitch, what he will get out of it assuming he will come back here to be one of our 3 strikers next season?

Development. Most /every skill, you learn by starting in the shallow end and moving towards the deep end as you learn and gain confidence. Fabio was thrown in the deep end for us. He now appears to be learning and developing the skills needed. Seems faster, stronger and sharper in the 6 months away. For compariston, he played against West Ham last season for us, and again for Anderlecht recently and West Ham fans (and anybody who saw both matches) noted that he's made a big improvement in that 6 months. Not sure he would have progressed so far if he'd stayed. Learning is about making mistakes as you learn how to overcome them. He just wouldn't have that leeway in struggling Premier League club,

Reaction score

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wow... I'll just leave this here.

Cheers, was just reading it. Just for those who are going by the headline, the lies and difficulty in leaving all refer to how Anderlecht treated him, their change of coach obviously messed up his situation there. Shi needed convincing to let Fabio go on loan in the first place, although maybe it's telling that Lopetegui didn't get him back.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have just seen this and it makes for interesting reading. Difficult to interpret exactly where he is coming from, but he does not appear to be happy. I have thought for a while, but have not mentioned it before, that we may not see Fabio in a Wolves shirt again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Have just seen this and it makes for interesting reading. Difficult to interpret exactly where he is coming from, but he does not appear to be happy. I have thought for a while, but have not mentioned it before, that we may not see Fabio in a Wolves shirt again.
Can't really see he has anything to be unhappy with Wolves about. Basically his Dad now seems to be overseeing his development while Wolves continue to ensure that he receives a salary beyond (in all honesty) anything he has really been shown to justify. Hope it comes good for him and he comes back, if not then I hope we get some return on the £50m plus we've invested in him.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't really see he has anything to be unhappy with Wolves about. Basically his Dad now seems to be overseeing his development while Wolves continue to ensure that he receives a salary beyond (in all honesty) anything he has really been shown to justify. Hope it comes good for him and he comes back, if not then I hope we get some return on the £50m plus we've invested in him.
£50m+? How you work that out?

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tirade of criticism from fans, on here and on twitter, towards a young man not responsible for the 35M price tag.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The less his dad becomes involved in his son’s career, the better for Fabio. The last thing any young player needs is an interfering family member making life difficult for everybody. Not saying that’s going to happen here but we’ve seen it before.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMV the only thing that’s interesting in that article is that he went to PSV over the championship’s most inform team in Burnley.

They have signed another couple of strikers though including one for £10m so assume that might have been part of the reasoning.

The rest I suspect his dad is significantly over playing his role, can’t imagine the club are letting him dictate the development plan for their £35m investment.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The less his dad becomes involved in his son’s career, the better for Fabio. The last thing any young player needs is an interfering family member making life difficult for everybody. Not saying that’s going to happen here but we’ve seen it before.

Happens all the time in sports unfortunately. I used to coach for a country cricket board in my early to mid 20s and I was always told that if a kid had an interfering parent, you were better off focusing your time on a less talented player who was engaged. The parent would just undo everything you had done as soon as they left training. It's quite sad really, but no matter what you do they are always more likely to try and please their parent than the coach.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mark Bellingham seems to be doing a great job with his two sons though.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly on reading this. Can't imagine the current football management team putting up with it either. That could have a lot to do with why JL has not asked him back. Shame really I like what I have seen of Fabio as he has developed more, but have a feeling we might be looking to offload instead of utilize him.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tirade of criticism from fans, on here and on twitter, towards a young man not responsible for the 35M price tag.

Who *was* responsible for the price tag? £6M to Mendes. £3M went to Fabios dad. Is he angry with them for putting the additional pressure? Or laughing all the way to the bank? There were "multiple irregularities" in the deal , leading to it being investigated. Blame the agents, not the fans, for delivering a player far short of what was needed, at inflated price.

How else could it have been? Take the greed out and a £15M transfer for a future prospect, to be shipped out on loan for a few seasons , no fan would have batted an eyelid. The fans didn't do the deal, either. Where does accountability lie?

Reactions: Ian

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The move to PSV is good for him and wolves and all part of his development. Anderlecht gave him much needed pitch time but in an average team in a poor division. The Dutch league is stronger and definitely more technical plus playing for a better team in that league will hopefully mean more chances and more goals. I saw quite a few of his games for Anderlecht and he noticeably looked bigger and stronger. I firmly believe he’ll play a big part at wolves in the future.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The move to PSV is good for him and wolves and all part of his development. Anderlecht gave him much needed pitch time but in an average team in a poor division. The Dutch league is stronger and definitely more technical plus playing for a better team in that league will hopefully mean more chances and more goals. I saw quite a few of his games for Anderlecht and he noticeably looked bigger and stronger. I firmly believe he’ll play a big part at wolves in the future.
Defo!

Working with a former premier legend in goal scoring terms is only a benefit to him and us long term.

I think he was maturing well last year and the start of this season, so this loan can almost be seen like “finishing school” (pardon the pun) working with Ruud Van Nistelroy

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defo!

Working with a former premier legend in goal scoring terms is only a benefit to him and us long term.

I think he was maturing well last year and the start of this season, so this loan can almost be seen like “finishing school” (pardon the pun) working with Ruud Van Nistelroy
He’s still very young and inexperienced to be leading the line for a premier league club and it was stifling his development last season not playing games or at best getting 10 mins here and there. If he could somehow get 10 plus goals for PSV before the end of the season it will do him the world of good

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who *was* responsible for the price tag? £6M to Mendes. £3M went to Fabios dad. Is he angry with them for putting the additional pressure? Or laughing all the way to the bank? There were "multiple irregularities" in the deal , leading to it being investigated. Blame the agents, not the fans, for delivering a player far short of what was needed, at inflated price.

How else could it have been? Take the greed out and a £15M transfer for a future prospect, to be shipped out on loan for a few seasons , no fan would have batted an eyelid. The fans didn't do the deal, either. Where does accountability lie?
not with a 17 year old caught in the middle.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. I reckon Fabio coming back next year is a big reason why we haven't signed a number 9

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I'm thinking we'll pick up another striker in the summer, too: Fabio, Sasa, Cunha, and NEW. We would then have two that can run channels and interplay with others (Fabio, Cunha), one target man (Sasa), and then one who can be more of a "fox in the box" and hold-up style striker.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have Cunha, Fabio and Sasa then we will 100% be signing another striker. Sasa won’t be able to play week in, week out and will need to be managed if he’s to be available when we want him to be available. Cunha can play off a striker so game time for 4 players won’t be an issue.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
If we have Cunha, Fabio and Sasa then we will 100% be signing another striker. Sasa won’t be able to play week in, week out and will need to be managed if he’s to be available when we want him to be available. Cunha can play off a striker so game time for 4 players won’t be an issue.
Sasa will be a specialty option IMO, not necessarily an every day striker: chasing a game and need someone to cross to or the opposition defense is poor at defending crosses. Of course, he can play in other ways - he seems to be good at laying the ball off, too; but, we can manage his minutes effectively if we get another striker in.

Guedes and some cash for Ramos, anyone - Goncalo for Goncalo, if I may? Please Guedes - smash them in at Benfica so this can happen.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good point I completely forgot about him

Unfortunately I think we can forget about him having much of a future at Wolves.
As for Fabio, hopefully he does well for the rest of the season at PSV, has a great preseason and is named as CF in the first league game of 23/24........ if he's not playing a significant role in the Wolves first team next year then it will be another waste of millions.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should be here now. Don't fancy any of our other forwards to get 4 or 5 goals. He would, whilst getting pillared for it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, agreed. Though I suppose he can't come out and admit that he may have made a mistake and perhaps overpaid and that Fabio was nowhere near as close to ready as he thought. That would be demoralising all round.

Put it down to the learning curve. Even as supporters, we are on it too. Most of us can't remember having a side competing right at the top end, so no surprise we weren't sure what to do next! Very much in hindsight, we can all see mistakes were made.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not with a 17 year old caught in the middle.

Nor the fans, paying to watch a team with one of the worst goal scoring records in recent decades. Understandable they would get a bit edgy on where the money was spent.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley would have also been a good move given the style they play and the physicality of the league but can't really argue against going to PSV, especially with who their manager is.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like Kompany wanted him twice then, while still at Anderlecht and now at Burnley.

Can't really knock the move to PSV but Burnley would've been the initial better option if they were also interested in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom