Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those of you with BT sports
Fabio Silva starts for Anderlecht v west ham ....number 99

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looked good, from the minutes I saw - definitely a good loan move for him, in a decent side (compared to where some of our other youngsters have gone). Fingers crossed he gets a goal 2nd half...

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half time 0-0 and Fabio looks really lively on and off the ball. Having 3 shots at goal already. By the end of game he'll probably accrue more shots at goal than the whole Wolves team did against West Ham on Saturday

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva so close to scoring just had a bullet headed saved by West Ham keeper

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unlucky not to score, goes anywhere else and the keeper has no chance.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva so close to scoring just had a bullet headed saved by West Ham keeper
A good header and great reflex save. I thought he’d headed it straight at the keeper, but he’d headed it quite low and the keepers reactions were excellent to keep it out.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When’s the last time he scored? I haven’t seen his name pop up much recently.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it wasn’t. We don’t have a striker

In hindsight he would have got games but we didn't know that at the time. Keeping him on the bench for another year would help no one. Just hope there's a recall in January.

Reactions: Ned

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Even though he's not scoring his off the ball running and positioning is impressive, could have had afew goals against West Ham.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the game earlier. I still think he looks like he needs more space and more time on the ball.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva's movement was excellent.

his off the ball running and positioning is impressive
It was good for us as well IMV, it's just that we rarely played to his movement in the centre, usually looking to attack down the wings.

Keep him there, keep him learning, keep him developing.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven´t watched Fabio playing in an Anderlecht shirt..so just for what it might be worth.
We shouldn´t put too much into Fabio scoring a few every now and then in the belgian league.
Doing the same in the Premier League is a whole different ballgame.
I still remains hesitant that Fabio will be able to cut it playing for us if we remain Premier League.
Will be interesting too see how he will perform when getting back with us...but scoring a few for Anderlecht playing in the belgian league shoukldn´t be overestimated IMO.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was an International break.
Yeah I know, just haven’t seen his name for a while after a very fast start is all. 5 games without a goal now so hopefully he can start scoring again soon.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have a recall option, in January?

Anyone please and thanks.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was unlucky not to score with a header last night, forced a really good save from Areola. Anderlecht have had a bit of a lean time recently and so has Silva but he's been playing well. Needs to get back on the goal trail

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks so much stronger now and much more aggressive in his play, loaning him was the right move.

Absolutely. Was an interesting match yesterday as Fabio played the full 90 for us v West Ham a few months back. I only caught the last 30 mins, but thought you could see a definite improvement in him, when compared to against the same opponents. Unless you're at Man City, all strikers are going to have games when their side is on the defensive so they get little opportunity. He coped really well with that, still making runs at the end. Really admire his attitude, don't think I've ever seen his morale drop even when getting nothing out of a match, still puts in full effort. (some of our other players should take note...)

Hopefully, this season will develop him to a level where he is able to lead the line at Premier Level next season. Or at least be a genuine backup able to step in and trouble defences.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was unlucky not to score with a header last night, forced a really good save from Areola. Anderlecht have had a bit of a lean time recently and so has Silva but he's been playing well. Needs to get back on the goal trail

It's good that he gets used to playing in a side having a lean time! Realistically, unless he signs for one of the elite clubs, he's never going to be in a position where he can stand around waiting for chances to be delivered on a plate for him. If Anderlecht were running away with the league, hammering everyone else, not sure that would be so useful for him.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Julen does come , I wonder if he'll ask for Fabio to come back.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Julen does come , I wonder if he'll ask for Fabio to come back.
I think it's a no-brainer. January is a lousy time to go into the market. Sasa is out for the season, Raul looks like he will go the same way. That leaves Costa. Given his injury record it would be daft not to have a backup/understudy.

Reactions: Ned

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked low on confidence.
Got in some good positions but his shooting was miles wayward , and met the header really well 6 yards out...but the keeper saved it

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a no-brainer. January is a lousy time to go into the market. Sasa is out for the season, Raul looks like he will go the same way. That leaves Costa. Given his injury record it would be daft not to have a backup/understudy.
I thought the it was agreed we didn't have any recall option, even in January?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this too… a crazy decision but it’s been done to death now.

Basically if we can get him back somehow, great - he can take the load off of Costa and learn from the perfect player about link up play and becoming a poacher.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even without the option we could try to get him back, we'd have to agree a deal with Anderlecht to do it though. So he can come back but it's more Anderlecht's decision than ours

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even without the option we could try to get him back, we'd have to agree a deal with Anderlecht to do it though. So he can come back but it's more Anderlecht's decision than ours
Yes, I suppose, even without a release clause, there would be a financial solution, if owners and manager think it is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom