Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being 20 years old and having scored in the top division of four different countries!

My opinion is he should be leading the line for us from next season (and probably would be now had he not pushed for a loan)
He ll never be good enough

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
It bit like Connor Coady then?
Exactly like that. That was half of the reason I was calling for Bruno’s head. Getting rid of ruddy, coady and Saiss coupled with Bruno’s uncharismatic personality was a massive part of our downfall. JL coming in along with the likes of Bentley and Dawson will go massively to us staying up

Not sure coady has a way back to be honest tho.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine being 20 years old and having scored in the top division of four different countries!

My opinion is he should be leading the line for us from next season (and probably would be now had he not pushed for a loan)

Another issue caused by our friend Bruno Lage.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly like that. That was half of the reason I was calling for Bruno’s head. Getting rid of ruddy, coady and Saiss coupled with Bruno’s uncharismatic personality was a massive part of our downfall. JL coming in along with the likes of Bentley and Dawson will go massively to us staying up

Not sure coady has a way back to be honest tho.
To be fair to Lage, he is on record several times saying he wanted to keep Saiss and Ruddy. That is on Jeff Shi.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think Costa wasn't crucial for our win today?

He was brilliant when he came on, played a part in both goals.
I think Bednarek having a meltdown was crucial for our win. If he doesn't i think we criticise Costa for not reacting quick enough 6 yards out and Traore gets his usual pelters.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bednarek having a meltdown was crucial for our win. If he doesn't i think we criticise Costa for not reacting quick enough 6 yards out and Traore gets his usual pelters.
Instead of criticising players, what about we praise them for being inside/around the 6 yard box, it's what we have been lacking for a long time, usually our players are out on the wing it was noticable how many times we got players in the mixer..

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, Traore was fortunate that Bednarek was wearing his clown shoes.

From the position Adama took the shot, we should be talking about how he smashed the ball in to the net...

...instead it's a scooped toe poke straight at a defender. Costa done no better either.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he had a meltdown really. Unlucky, surely. He tried to block/save it, but it hit the underside of his legs which caused him to scramble trying to find it and he accidentally knocked it in.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, Traore was fortunate that Bednarek was wearing his clown shoes.

From the position Adama took the shot, we should be talking about how he smashed the ball in to the net...

...instead it's a scooped toe poke straight at a defender. Costa done no better either.
However- 2 players in the six yard box. Wtf.
Things are changing

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's not good enough to be leading the line for a PL team with aspirations to finish top half (which should be our aim next season). Too many on here have an overly inflated view of Fabio, he still has a long way to go in his development. He could well be part of the squad, though.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully he starts starting games and hasn't just been brought in to bolster PSV's options from the bench.

Personally I would have had him back here rather than send him back out but I guess the wages of Costa and Raul are such that we need to actually play them a bit. In reality, the runs he makes and the way he's currently finishing - he looks streets ahead of both of them now.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not good enough to be leading the line for a PL team with aspirations to finish top half (which should be our aim next season). Too many on here have an overly inflated view of Fabio, he still has a long way to go in his development. He could well be part of the squad, though.
Fair point, but I would also say he's good enough for where we are at the moment and for the competition he would have faced this season for the striker spot.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However- 2 players in the six yard box. Wtf.
Things are changing
Getting them in the six yard box is a start I suppose.

It's a bit like watching an U7's match where they have to get close to goal before pulling the trigger, and even then there's an element of pinball about it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's better at it than what we've had so far this season, and he'll be better next season than he has been this

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's better at it than what we've had so far this season, and he'll be better next season than he has been this
Think people are getting way too carried away with him scoring a few in the Belgian league. No issue with him being a squad player for us but he shouldn't be our #1 option, yet.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What mistakes did Lescott and Murray make? Please don’t say you believe the urban myth of them being done over by the Johnsons?!?!?!? That’s my favourite conspiracy since the moon landings, it’s simply made up and never happened. It’s up there with when people think Bully didn’t play for England because he punched Lineker, that didn’t happen either
Are you really sure about that?:cool:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are getting way too carried away with him scoring a few in the Belgian league
Nope, people have been watching him play and can see how much he has developed

My point about him starting for us is he's been better than the centre forwards we've seen in a Wolves shirt this season (Cunha obviously still settling in)

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
I don't think he had a meltdown really. Unlucky, surely. He tried to block/save it, but it hit the underside of his legs which caused him to scramble trying to find it and he accidentally knocked it in.
When a forward gets into Adamas position, it goes in 4 times out 5 I would say. Pure luck if you manage
to prevent a goal there...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Hwang old boy, Silva can't shoot, can't head, has no pace...he ll never be a top striker.
Biggest waste of money EVER
Scored some goals this season for a player who can’t shoot.

Fancy being so desperate for one of your own players to fail you have to make stuff up

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with Hwang old boy, Silva can't shoot, can't head, has no pace...he ll never be a top striker.
Biggest waste of money EVER
Just reminding you, today is Monday and in a few hours it'll change to Tuesday, after that is Wednesday

Because you clearly don't know what ****ing day it is

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scored some goals this season for a player who can’t shoot.

Fancy being so desperate for one of your own players to fail you have to make stuff up
Nah ,, not desperate,,he's not good enough ,,end of!!!
The idiot who paid 35 million for him must have the same blinkered tunnel vision you have !!!!
Scored goals..lol against who ??
How much is he worth now then?? If he's as good as you think, why didn't we sell him in the window for 40 million??
I ll tell you why, because he's NOT good enough

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the Lescott rumour, I did hear first hand from a very drunk but very high up the food chain at the club person that it was true. This was at a charity dinner thing one evening at Molineux where we ended up sat at his and the club sponsor at the time’s table (somehow). I’m still torn as to whether to believe it or not as the person was and probably still is a huge idiot (polite version).

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It bit like Connor Coady then?
I would imagine Costa brings significantly more of a mischief/devil factor to the team morale - and the players having a laugh can be so crucial to team spirit.

I do also agree his contribution was crucial on Saturday.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the Lescott rumour, I did hear first hand from a very drunk but very high up the food chain at the club person that it was true. This was at a charity dinner thing one evening at Molineux where we ended up sat at his and the club sponsor at the time’s table (somehow). I’m still torn as to whether to believe it or not as the person was and probably still is a huge idiot (polite version).
I went to school with his brother and we’re still pretty close, it never happened.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah ,, not desperate,,he's not good enough ,,end of!!!
The idiot who paid 35 million for him must have the same blinkered tunnel vision you have !!!!
Scored goals..lol against who ??
How much is he worth now then?? If he's as good as you think, why didn't we sell him in the window for 40 million??
I ll tell you why, because he's NOT good enough
It’s not really “end of” is it. You made a wildly inaccurate statement that he can’t shoot yet he’s scored double figures this season. Please tell me how a player scores ANY goals if he can’t shoot?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I really want Silva to come back next season and be the striker most think we need. However, objectively Lopetegui obviously could have brought him back into the squad in January and chose not to. Now that might be a long term view by Julen or the club, but it does make me think that he's not seen as being there yet. If he didn't have enough to offer to help us avoid relegation, I'm not convinced he's going to have a place in a team hopefully aiming for the European places again. Hope that's wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea but he would say that. ;)

Look, im choosing to believe it’s true!
I’ve spoke to Aaron about it before and been there when others have asked, his response normally involves a lot of laughter. I don’t know Joleon that well at all but he’s a very quiet lad he wouldn’t get himself in that sort of situation.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom