Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not really “end of” is it. You made a wildly inaccurate statement that he can’t shoot yet he’s scored double figures this season. Please tell me how a player scores ANY goals if he can’t shoot?
Off his backside?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah ,, not desperate,,he's not good enough ,,end of!!!
The idiot who paid 35 million for him must have the same blinkered tunnel vision you have !!!!
Scored goals..lol against who ??
How much is he worth now then?? If he's as good as you think, why didn't we sell him in the window for 40 million??
I ll tell you why, because he's NOT good enough
He scored against baggies twice for one. Burnley and west ham. Will be interesting to see if any of ours get past 4 goals this season.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many 20yo central strikers are there regularly starting in the top leagues right now? Even Balogun is a year older. He needs time.
Yes, which is why those who didn't want him to go out on loan are wrong. He needs to play and he's not going to do so regularly for us at the moment.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, which is why those who didn't want him to go out on loan are wrong. He needs to play and he's not going to do so regularly for us at the moment.
Personally I think he is. I don't really understand who we have got that is doing better than he did two years ago.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think he is. I don't really understand who we have got that is doing better than he did two years ago.

It's more that our forwards are just all round poor, than that Fabio was doing well two years ago. Was going to post that Fabio had only an average of 6.3 on Who Scored two years ago. Deleted it after noticing that Hwang, Sarabia, Cunha, Guedes are all as bad this season. Sad state of affairs and needs fixing.

Reactions: Ian

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is way overhyped on here. You really think he would've been the guy to lead the line considering how this season has gone? He's young and inexperienced, it would've taken a huge toll on him. It's a good job we've loaned him out.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not really “end of” is it. You made a wildly inaccurate statement that he can’t shoot yet he’s scored double figures this season. Please tell me how a player scores ANY goals if he can’t shoot?
"End of" roughly translates to "I don't have any concrete evidence to back up my statement so please treat this as the end of the conversation and don't come back to me with anything else as I've exhausted all my options on the matter"

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many 20yo central strikers are there regularly starting in the top leagues right now? Even Balogun is a year older. He needs time.
But... But... But... he cost £35m two seasons ago and isn't the best player in the world yet... ship him out, he's worse than Frankowski.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is way overhyped on here. You really think he would've been the guy to lead the line considering how this season has gone? He's young and inexperienced, it would've taken a huge toll on him. It's a good job we've loaned him out.
I agree that he was better off elsewhere during the period of absolute dog **** until JLo got here as it would have done him no good at all. But I would also say that if he was back now then I would have him above Raul and Costa in the pecking order - just looking at his goals and movement from his Anderlecht spell you can see it's something we lack.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's still better than our current options.
He was getting better numbers than our current lot when he was nowhere physically ready a couple of years ago, just using his awareness. No he's getting faster and stronger, he'd have to be ahead of Costa Jimenez and Cuhna as a CF. But for his development, it was the right decision.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that he was better off elsewhere during the period of absolute dog **** until JLo got here as it would have done him no good at all. But I would also say that if he was back now then I would have him above Raul and Costa in the pecking order - just looking at his goals and movement from his Anderlecht spell you can see it's something we lack.
Sorry but I can't get hyped over him scoring goals in a league which is probably weaker in terms of quality than the Championship outside a few of the top sides. PL is a gigantic step up and he's particularly struggled with the physical side of the game when he's been expected to lead the line.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's still better than our current options.
He was getting better numbers than our current lot when he was nowhere physically ready a couple of years ago, just using his awareness. No he's getting faster and stronger, he'd have to be ahead of Costa Jimenez and Cuhna as a CF. But for his development, it was the right decision.
Costa and Raul will be gone come the summer, so Silva may get a look in then but he wouldn't currently be ahead of Cunha in the pecking order in any case.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but I can't get hyped over him scoring goals in a league which is probably weaker in terms of quality than the Championship outside a few of the top sides. PL is a gigantic step up and he's particularly struggled with the physical side of the game when he's been expected to lead the line.
I don’t think he struggled physically when he was given a few token games last season. Lage criminally underused him because he was keeping the blind faith that Raul would come good.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't had anyone leading the line this season. Costa has done it for the odd half hour here and there, Raul has looked weaker than ever and Cunha seems to play that little bit deeper.
He's 20 not 12 and the muscle has been piling on him. He should be here.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was a Bruno Lage decision. As pointed out by another poster he was criminally underused last season. Then again Lage was functionally illiterate in how to use substitutes. If his career has been impeded it was by BL

I think he had a run of 4 starts after his best match against Villa. Got progressively worse each time, including being outclassed by Zouma against West Ham. I think it a case of players improving simply by being absent a while. Already can see it happening with Collins. "No mistakes for 2 matches!" . Fabio recently played against West Ham again for Anderlecht and the improvement was noticable. I think these loans out to lower level leagues where he can lead the line most weeks have been the best thing for his development and ideally , exactly where he should have gone from the day he joined. Looks to me like the biggest improvement since the day he joined has been in the 6+ months he's been loaned out.

Mark my words, he'd come back, not look quite up to it, then we'd have the "We wrote Cutrone/Corbeanu/Bonitini/That Ecuador Guy/Ashley Seal off too soon" threads appearing.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't had anyone leading the line this season. Costa has done it for the odd half hour here and there, Raul has looked weaker than ever and Cunha seems to play that little bit deeper.
He's 20 not 12 and the muscle has been piling on him. He should be here.

Even if he is the best of a bad bunch, it still isn't good eough. Though I can't really believe Fabio can outclass Sarabia, Cunha, Raul and Costa just yet.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reminding you, today is Monday and in a few hours it'll change to Tuesday, after that is Wednesday

Because you clearly don't know what ****ing day it is
I’ve only just read that…I had to give my head a momentary wobble.
So, it’s not Monday, it is Tuesday?…got it!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if he is the best of a bad bunch, it still isn't good eough. Though I can't really believe Fabio can outclass Sarabia, Cunha, Raul and Costa just yet.
Sorry, but if he is the best out of the bad bunch he should be here learning his trade.

The only guy out of those mentioned that I think might get more than 4 goals by the end of the season is Sarabia. Cunha looks a talented player but we have had the same noone in the box kind of problems that we have had all season when he's started, plus the only time he has got double figures before was in the Austrian league(in a whole season in a league with a worse coefficient than the Belgian one). Maybe this is his breakout year as a goalscorer, but I haven't really seen it yet.

And I don't think Raul and Costa could outclass anybody anymore. They both have their reasons why their body's ain't up to it and are still putting the effort in but I don't think there are any strikers worse in this league than this two. The speed it takes for Costa to get a shot away now is painful to watch. Raul still has a good touch but is weak on the ball and not very good in the air now. 6 goals last season from the amount of minutes hardly screams a step-up in quality.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Feel like this point has been made so much over the last few years yet still see people writing Fabio off. Look at Balogun'a record last season compared to this to show what a year's experience can do, although even then Balogun is much developed physically than Fabio. We probably won't see the best of Silva for another 3-5 seasons, so the fact he is playing at the level he is now is deeply encouraging. Guys like Giroud and Benzema are playing some of the best football of their career in their mid 30s.

Fully expect him to be integrated into the first team next season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel like this point has been made so much over the last few years yet still see people writing Fabio off. Look at Balogun'a record last season compared to this to show what a year's experience can do, although even then Balogun is much developed physically than Fabio. We probably won't see the best of Silva for another 3-5 seasons, so the fact he is playing at the level he is now is deeply encouraging. Guys like Giroud and Benzema are playing some of the best football of their career in their mid 30s.

Presently its him, Sasa and Cunha for next season. The evidence so far on all 3 is hardly exciting and I'd be amazed if JL does not go in for a recognised and proven striker in the summer.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think we'll sign another striker but I expect Fabio to be competing with them and gaining more experience, hopefully in a good side. Shouldn't be underestimated how us being rubbish the last couple of seasons will have held him back, and how much better he would have done/looked in a side like Brighton or Brentford that had structure, movement and a defined style of play.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season...has he?
I musta missed that
No. Two years ago when he was derided as crap. Since then, every striker that has played that role hasn't looked any better.
I'd take any of those performances over what we have seen so far from our forwards. And so far, early days yet and the guy needs to be given more time; I'd include Cunha in that too.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. Two years ago when he was derided as crap. Since then, every striker that has played that role hasn't looked any better.
I'd take any of those performances over what we have seen so far from our forwards. And so far, early days yet and the guy needs to be given more time; I'd include Cunha in that too.

Sorry, who needs to be given more time? It sounds like you're saying you'd write them off and bring Fabio back, because Fabio needs more time. If anything, it's Cunha and Sarabia who really need more time.

I watched Fabio several times in the Belgian league this season. He's definitely improving. And ball at his feet, he's a good finisher already The rest of his game though still has some way to go. Sarabia 9 goals for Spain. Would rather give him more than, you know, 2 weeks. What has Fabio ever done? Oh yeah, just scored a goal against a club ranked lower than Hull.

Reactions: Ian

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's more that our forwards are just all round poor, than that Fabio was doing well two years ago. Was going to post that Fabio had only an average of 6.3 on Who Scored two years ago. Deleted it after noticing that Hwang, Sarabia, Cunha, Guedes are all as bad this season. Sad state of affairs and needs fixing.
You missed out Costa and Jimenez

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's all conjecture but I can't see how Fabio would have scored less PL goals than Raul, Costa and Cunha have managed if given the same minutes. There is no way of knowing but I just don't believe he would not have scored in the 1250 mins (14 full matches) of play they have had between them.

I definitely think Julen should be given whichever number 9 he wants in preparation for next season- that is key. But Cunha off that centre forward, Fabio getting minutes and Sasa as a wildcard option will provide very solid options for us moving forward.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are people comparing Sarabia and Cunha to Silva? All different types of players. Silva is the only genuine striker so the comparisons currently should be with Raul, Costa and the poor mans Major.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were looking to sign him right now based on his career and what he has done this season everybody would be up in arms.

Now that is END OF!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were looking to sign him right now based on his career and what he has done this season everybody would be up in arms.

Now that is END OF!
That's true but the gold-tinted glasses are perhaps understandable in terms of Silva with how he's been written off by quite a few Wolves and non-Wolves fans alike despite his relative youth.

However, while he could well develop into a decent PL centre forward, I'm not sure he'll ever be worth what we paid for him but that's a different debate altogether. I think people have a tendency to overreact and go to the extremes, i.e some want him recalled for scoring a few goals in a poor Belgian league while others think he will never be good enough based on the spells he's already had in the team and the fact he doesn't quite have the allure/presence of a £35m wonderkid signing. The truth is that it's too early tell and that the jury is still out.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now that is END OF!
Well said....
Also , we all know he cost us 35 million...but what his resale value now ?? 5 million ?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he had a run of 4 starts after his best match against Villa. Got progressively worse each time, including being outclassed by Zouma against West Ham.
He and MGW were played for the final 10 minutes against Manchester United after the latter had scored in the early season game. Neither really was given any time to prove themselves and then he was not considered for a significant period after that. I would have been in favour of him getting the last 20 minutes in a significant number of those matches. It was not that Raul was excelling in too many of those games and in the meantime he was gaining experience and might possibly have got the odd goal as he came up to speed in the Premiership.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Have you seen Fabio lately? There aren't many more physically developed people in the world, full stop.

Back
Top Bottom