Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. The Professional

The Most Disappointing And The Unexpectedly Good Season You’ve Had

What are the above for you? As a slightly older poster on here (47) I’ve had a few of these in my lifetime. A few examples of most unexpected good seasons for me are our 79/80 season under Barnwell, Turner’s first season in Division 4 when we went from fearing going out the league- to ever so...
  2. The Professional

Richie Barker

God rest Richie. Another legend leaves us...
  3. The Professional

The Club You Had Most Trouble Admitting Were Better Than Us

Having looking at the Today’s Game thread, a lot of us are struggling to come to terms that Sheff United might be currently a bit better than us. Which team have you really struggled to begrudgingly admit were better than us in the past? (apart from the ****e, obviously) For me, it was...
  4. The Professional

We Said We’d Know This Month The Club’s Future Intentions

...so do we? It’s been a great season. Nuno has proved what a great head coach he is by taking this small, but talented group of players into Europe successfully, and being around the top 6 in the toughest League in the World despite us having several injuries. After the Boly injury, two...
  5. The Professional

Ross Barkley

An Everton acquaintance that knows Barkley personally has said that us and West Ham are/were wanting to take him on loan. We are very keen, apparently. Lampard doesn’t want him to go, but might do if they bring someone else in. Won’t find out until last day of window realistically.
  6. The Professional

Mods- Site Problem

@bod101 or @Mutchy every time I come on this site this morning, it keeps telling me I’ve won a competition on iphone- then some spinning wheel appears and it takes you off the Mix. Sorry to be a pain as I know you’re busy, but is it my iphone infected, or this site? Thanks.
  7. The Professional

I’m Bored Already

I hate it when the playoff semis are finished, and just the finals to go. The regular games are all done, and 9 or 10 weeks of just transfer speculation until footy starts again. Oh gawd- this is going to be a long summer without an International tournament. Meh.
  8. The Professional

New Kit

Anyone had an insider sneaky peak at the new kit? I know a few people on here have contacts that deal with Adidas. I hope that they have not altered it too much- loved it this year- even the yellow gold has grown on me. Is it likely to be virtually identical to Leicester’s design?
  9. The Professional

Average-ish Players You’ve Had Affection For- For No Reason

Talking to my mate after watching the Newport Vs Mansfield game, and there are some pretty limited players on the pitch- but obviously decent enough to play at that level to a good standard. Reminds me of watching Wolves when we were in the lower leagues, when we had players that did a decent...
  10. The Professional

Vs Torquay Sherpa Van Semifinal Loss 30 Years Ago

Coming after the recent loss to Wat****, reminds me of the other loss that took me a year to get over. That 2-0 loss a home to Torquay was just awful. We’d won it in the first leg 2-1 at theirs, how could we lose at home to them? Never gonna happen. It bloody did. I was 15 at the time, and got...
  11. The Professional

Emotion And Feelings After A Game.

Today is probably a good time to ask this. How long does it take you to recover to normality after a game? This is both from a positive and negative perspective. When we win, I’m usually on a massive high for the rest of the day- particularly the evening when you can reminisce and favour a good...
  12. The Professional

Ted Bundy Documentary On Netflix

If any of you are interested in crime documentaries- I find them absolutely fascinating, then watch the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. 4 parter, and is a great watch. Already watched it twice. Not condoning murderers or maniacs, but finding out about how they came be is rivoting in a strange way...
  13. The Professional

The Best Team Ever To Be Promoted To The Premier League/Premiership.

Was touted around earlier in the season. Are we still in the running, although we have gone off the boil recently- and we are lacking a goalscorer/ depth of squad? In my opinion, it was Blackburn under Kenny Dalglish. They came up with a squad virtually ready for the top 6- Alan Shearer...
  14. The Professional

Brighton Vs Wolves Comms Thread

Adama in. C’mon lads!
  15. The Professional

Thank You Dad- For Making Me Support Wolves

Don't want this to get too sloppy, but someone died that was close to me very recently- and this got me to thinking about my Dad that died a couple of years ago. He was the reason that I support Wolves. He took me to my first game nearly 40 years ago, when I fell in love completely with this...
  16. The Professional

How Would You Rank Wolves Managers Throughout The Years

Not through a scientific, or necessarily a statistical order- purely subjective and an emotional subject to us all. Will of course depend on what age you are as well. Nuno is so high on my list because he has achieved so much in very little time- I suppose it could all go balls-up, but hopefully...
  17. The Professional

Leicester Vs Wolves Comms Thread

Unchanged- c’mon lads!
  18. The Professional

Grade Premier League Teams Summer Spending

Had a little feature on Skysports just before. Obviously it is so far, this can change very much in the next two days! Very difficult to be objective. You can do whatever teams you want, and update them as the signings roll in. For me so far: Man City B Chelsea D Man Utd D (probably gonna...
  19. The Professional

What has been the highlight of the summer so far- poll.

As the poll says. Or have you found none of it that interesting- just a bit boring?
  20. The Professional

What Level Of Transfer Activity Would You Be Happy/Satisfied With?

Lots of tetchyness and worry around at the moment because no one knows who or what level of player the club is looking at this window. We have already made some decent additions with Patricio and Jiminez, as well as confirming the loans from last season. Weird situation over Afobe and Bonatini-...
Back
Top Bottom