Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What Level Of Transfer Activity Would You Be Happy/Satisfied With?

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Lots of tetchyness and worry around at the moment because no one knows who or what level of player the club is looking at this window. We have already made some decent additions with Patricio and Jiminez, as well as confirming the loans from last season. Weird situation over Afobe and Bonatini- that has angered some on here- pleased others.

What would satisfy people on here after the window has closed? Do we need another 3 or 4 TOP NOTCH signings, or a couple of players to tweak things if we have an injury or two? Seems like Nuno likes to have a small squad, so likely we will need to lose a few if several are to come in. If we can’t attract the top players, is it better to stick to what we have rather than go for unknown quantities? The squad as it is could possibly stay up - so how far is the club willing to go this summer?

Personally I think another couple will come in- I think the forward positions are settled- another RWB and midfielder to come in. I’m hoping the club surprises us and pulls of a couple of real star signings, though.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Need 3 or 4 I reckon.

Another striker, another centre mid, a right wing back (unless Ofosu turns out to be class) and a centre half.

Agreed (I think German Phil has played his last game for us though). Every one needs to be an upgrade on the first eleven though, we'll have some serious strength then.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The squad’s quite weak outside of the starting XI. 3-4 improvements needed to have a Premier League bench I feel.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will never be satisfied until we #announcetalisca

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Think we just need to trust the club.

They haven't let us down the last 2 windows and see who we end up with.

We are 1 player short from 2 per position (CM) if my count is correct.

People have got carried away with Laurie's talk and talk of top 6. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Patricio and Jimenez are outstanding signings for a newly promoted club. Hopefully we can find a few more of this level.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very much as we were at the moment, of course we were all desperate for Jota and Boly to be signed so at least that has happened. We still need to address the strength in depth so at least four more I reckon.

Last edited:

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we're still a fair few first team players away from being ready, and our recruitment team have over a month to land those deals. Which should be plenty and I'm confident they will land the players to push us on. They won't be anywhere near content with our business so far and we will see those deal starting to land once the WC is over

1 CB, 1/2x WB (depending on Vinagre's 1st team chances), 2x CM & 1x CF. Thats another 5/6 for me of the 'Top Notch' variety and we're ready to go. I'll be amazed if it's much less than that, plus a cluster of signings for the U23s

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you look at potential starters we are looking at the following:- Patricio, Doc, new cb, boly, coady, Douglas, Neves, new cm, Jota, new striker, Costa/Cav. 3 first teamers for me. A RWB to challenge doc. If vinegre is sent on loan new LWB to challenge Douglas so 4 potentially 5 new players for me

D

Deleted member 3604

We need another centre half, rwb and 'attacking goalscorer' minimum.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I'd be happier with two midfielders really as beyond Neves and Saiss we don't really have anybody as it looks like Alf isn't being retained. Upgrade on Saiss for a partner to Neves first and foremost (not slating Saiss, I thought he was brilliant last season), but after that you would be looking at someone to play second fiddle to Neves which really isn't that easy.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a top notch Right CB is a huge priorty. Get that back unit of 5 as strong as you can.

Id go for 5 improvements. CB, RWB, CM x2, CF.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be worried if Batth is one injury away from starting each game. So for me it's 5 players.
Enough good defenders so Batth isn't on the bench... sorry Danny.
Enough quality midfielders so Saiss is fighting to start.
Enough cracking strikers so Jota has to fight for his place.

O

OldburyWolf

I think a top notch Right CB is a huge priorty. Get that back unit of 5 as strong as you can.

Id go for 5 improvements. CB, RWB, CM x2, CF.
Yep, I’d go along with that.
I think Vinagre will now be the competion for Douglas, but if he is to be loaned out then we will of course need to bring in a LWB on top of the above.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
I'd be worried if Batth is one injury away from starting each game. So for me it's 5 players.
Enough good defenders so Batth isn't on the bench... sorry Danny.
Enough quality midfielders so Saiss is fighting to start.
Enough cracking strikers so Jota has to fight for his place.
If Batth is even on the bench for the games next season, our transfer activity has been plain unsuccessful.

D

Deleted member 3518

In order of priority for me CM, CH, RWB, ST, LWB, CM.

So minimum of 3, any more very welcome.;)

D

Deleted member 3545

GK Patricio
RWB Doc with an upgrade or back up
LWB Douglas with Vinagre backup
RCB upgrade to Bennett
CB Coady
LCB Boly
CM Neves
CM new signing
RW Costa/Cav/Jota
LW Costa/Cav/Jota
ST Jimenez
Subs
Siass backup CM and CB
Bonatini ST
Bennett CB
Ruddy GK
plus some of the youngsters which the club said at the end of the season they will be using

So basically i think you will see a new RWB, RCB and CM

S

Seker aga

2 first team upgrade
CB
ST
3 cover/ rotation players
RWB
LWB
CM

MutchAdo

Reaction score
What I'd love to see:

Rui Patricio

New Coady Boly

New New Neves Douglas*

Costa New Jota​

Bench: Ruddy, Bennett, Vinagre (or new CM), Saiss, Cavaleiro, MGW, Jimenez

*I'd love an upgrade on Baz as well really, his set piece delivery and crossing is phenomenal but I've got to admit I'm a bit worried that he'll get pegged back a lot in the Premier League. If he's first choice with Vinagre behind him then so be it.

D

Deleted member 5962

In an ideal world I'd say we need:

First choice RWB
First choice LWB
First choice RCB
First choice Sweeper
First choice CM
Rotation/First choice attacking midfielder so we have 2 for each spot
First choice CF

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I'd love to see:

Rui Patricio

New Coady Boly

New New Neves Douglas*

Costa New Jota​

Bench: Ruddy, Bennett, Vinagre (or new CM), Saiss, Cavaleiro, MGW, Jimenez

*I'd love an upgrade on Baz as well really, his set piece delivery and crossing is phenomenal but I've got to admit I'm a bit worried that he'll get pegged back a lot in the Premier League. If he's first choice with Vinagre behind him then so be it.
I agree with that but shame Doc does not make the bench.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I agree with that but shame Doc does not make the bench.

I've never been a massive fan of Doherty (the reason for my first time being called a ****ing Baggie on here), and while he was massively improved last season in both fitness and performance levels he just doesn't offer enough for me going forwards. I know it's only an opinion but if we do sign a RWB of the same sort of level as Cancelo then I'd rather have Vinagre's forward thinking on the bench than Doherty's ponderous nature.

If Doherty could do what he did against Birmingham with that assist on a more regular basis I'd like him a hell of a lot more.

S

Seker aga

I've never been a massive fan of Doherty (the reason for my first time being called a ****ing Baggie on here), and while he was massively improved last season in both fitness and performance levels he just doesn't offer enough for me going forwards. I know it's only an opinion but if we do sign a RWB of the same sort of level as Cancelo then I'd rather have Vinagre's forward thinking on the bench than Doherty's ponderous nature.

If Doherty could do what he did against Birmingham with that assist on a more regular basis I'd like him a hell of a lot more.
Yes Doherty can be v frustrating when he dosnt get into the correct atacking positions

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair enough @MutchAdo, I won’t challenge your wolves credentials based upon an honest opinion ;), I like Doc and think he deserves a crack at it and I am sure he will get some opportunity at some point, but we all know that we need another player in his position so it makes sense to strive for an improvement.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least 6

Better than what we’ve got too

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Fair enough @MutchAdo, I won’t challenge your wolves credentials based upon an honest opinion ;), I like Doc and think he deserves a crack at it and I am sure he will get some opportunity at some point, but we all know that we need another player in his position so it makes sense to strive for an improvement.

Indeed mate, my opinion of Doherty is exactly that and far from fact, obviously a lot will agree and a lot will disagree. :D

He will play a fair part this season, of course he will, but I think it's an area that would benefit from massive improvement. If Doherty could move the long balls from Neves forwards quicker he'd be a much better player but it just seems like he takes an age to get the ball exactly where he wants it and the acres of space he was in when the ball arrived have gone. Striving for improvement is never a bad thing though and nothing would make me happier than for him to prove me wrong.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two or three top quality signings. By that I mean whoever comes in absolutely HAS to improve the starting 11.

We’ve strengthened the goalkeeper department, we have trod water in every other department so far.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Two or three top quality signings. By that I mean whoever comes in absolutely HAS to improve the starting 11.

We’ve strengthened the goalkeeper department, we have trod water in every other department so far.

Jimenez is surely an improvement up front?

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute minimum = CM, 1st choice striker, RWB (c£30M)

Very Good = CM, 1st choice striker, RWB, RCD (c£40M)

Top 6 challenge = top class CM, 1st choice 15 goal striker, top class RWB, top class LWB (c£100M)

I have no idea if they will pitch at the £30m or the £100m level (given they have already spent c£40m) but as it stands I don't think we have enough goals in the side if Jota gets injured and we are thin on quality in midfield if Neves is out for any length of time.

WolvesKop

Reaction score
My ideal starting 11 for the Everton Match after all transfers have been completed

Rui Patrico

Wallace Coady Boly

Doc Tellas
Neves Gomes

Cav Silva Jota

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Don't care if they are buys from the Poundshop - as long as Nuno wants them, they fit into the system (or plan B (or C)), we win matches - & win the Prem :), OK the last one MIGHT not be on THIS season :D

Back
Top Bottom