Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ted Bundy Documentary On Netflix

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
If any of you are interested in crime documentaries- I find them absolutely fascinating, then watch the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. 4 parter, and is a great watch. Already watched it twice. Not condoning murderers or maniacs, but finding out about how they came be is rivoting in a strange way. Bundy was a genius and serial killer, escaping jail and conducting his own defence in court. Definitely worth a watch. If any of you on here have got any other good suggestions to watch, let me know.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We watched about 4 and then got bored.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem I find with these things is they really eek the story out.

The staircase
Evil Genius

Both good but Christ almighty.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If any of you are interested in crime documentaries- I find them absolutely fascinating, then watch the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix. 4 parter, and is a great watch. Already watched it twice. Not condoning murderers or maniacs, but finding out about how they came be is rivoting in a strange way. Bundy was a genius and serial killer, escaping jail and conducting his own defence in court. Definitely worth a watch. If any of you on here have got any other good suggestions to watch, let me know.

Here’s one......it’s true ...the IceMan. When I was much younger I was very interested in criminology,mostly about the
solving of and apprehension of the criminal. Mostly books and non fiction.If you want more info please ask.
My tolerance for these horrible people or events has vastly dismissed but I do read one from time to time.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Maybe it was the third then that we ducked out.
The 4th episode was the best one! I know it’s quite morbid, but Born To Kill is good. It covers a person per episode, rather than dragging out to several parts. You might find that easier to watch.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found the series interesting.

The bit I find a bit uncomfortable are the filmed scenes from outside the prison when executions are carried out. What sort of person ( a fair few of them college students) makes up a sign with a frying pan on it and stands shouting outside a prison?

Bundy was an evil sick man. But there’s something badly wrong with those people as well.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I've probably watched hundreds of serial killer documentaries over the years, Ted Bundy was a fascinating character though. With most serial killers they simply just have an urge to kill and that's pretty much as far as it goes in their mind but Bundy was different. He worked on a suicide prevention helpline and also helped prevent crime, some people say he worked on the helpline as some kind of study into what made people vulnerable and used this for how he picked his victims. Personally I believe he did it as some kind of balance, on one hand he believed he was saving lives by convincing people not to kill themselves but on the other hand he was taking lives. Even for people like that, they have to convince themselves that what they are doing is ok and to me that was his way of making it ok in his own head.

I've not watched this documentary, I'd not heard of it until now but will have a look, cheers.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found it astonishing that even in the 70's he was able to escape from his cell and then travel across the country, unchecked, even going on a flight, and then turn up in Florida as a 'John Doe' and nobody had a Scooby Doo who he was!

Surely there was CNN or Fox News back in those days and the story of his crimes and escape broadcast nationwide, and somebody would have recognised him? Just seemed ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Found it astonishing that even in the 70's he was able to escape from his cell and then travel across the country, unchecked, even going on a flight, and then turn up in Florida as a 'John Doe' and nobody had a Scooby Doo who he was!

Surely there was CNN or Fox News back in those days and the story of his crimes and escape broadcast nationwide, and somebody would have recognised him? Just seemed ridiculous.

Especially the 2nd escape where he stole the prison officers clothes after escaping through the ceiling of his cell then walked out the front door, it's almost as if they wanted him to escape.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While on trial in Washington, he supposedly asked two detectives what state was the most likely to execute murderers and they replied, Florida. After he escaped that where he went. It’s often made me wonder if he knew he should be caught......deep in his subconscious he must have sought the ‘relief’ of capture.

Back
Top Bottom