Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but there's plenty of impatient sods not willing to show any understanding of what we're trying to do.

Think I'll stay with a recruitment team and ownership group that have got us to where we are rather than some keyboard warriors wanting to ditch everything that has been built because we're 2-0 down at home to Palace.

But what happens when failure to invest means we lose the likes of Neves and Traore to Barcelona and other teams. Generally speaking teams do not lose their best talent and then fall upwards. You end up with cases like Southampton who lose their top players and slide down the pecking order.

If we imagine we're 6th and with investment push to 4th and CL, we can attract and keep players and push on. Failing to invest can easily see top talent poached and falling down.

Just because there may be a plan it doesn't mean it's a good plan, or a successful plan.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

No. I want Lage to succeed despite my sadness over losing nuno. And for a while I thought he might. But he is responsible for this. Neves is a player above the rest. Lage chose this team and didn't change at half time. Anyway I'm going back to watching. But this is very very poor
Neves has now been completely outclassed by Rice/Tielemans/Gallagher/Partey in recent weeks.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what they are trying to do other than gamble a starting 11 stays fit all season.

It really is miss management of the highest level how this squad has been dwindled away.
No idea what you are talking about. Dwindled away?
We lost Traore. We have had Podence, Neto, Jonny, Marcal all come back from long injuries.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s just the same old boring BS.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. Bruno has officially thrown in the towel.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's offside so it wouldn't have counted but another awful awful Hwang miss

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But what happens when failure to invest means we lose the likes of Neves and Traore to Barcelona and other teams. Generally speaking teams do not lose their best talent and then fall upwards. You end up with cases like Southampton who lose their top players and slide down the pecking order.

If we imagine we're 6th and with investment push to 4th and CL, we can attract and keep players and push on. Failing to invest can easily see top talent poached and falling down.

Just because there may be a plan it doesn't mean it's a good plan, or a successful plan.
Sorry. Are you judging based on pure speculation? Neves is out on the field in a Wolves shirt today.
Fosun have invested and that is why we are in the top 8 in the Prem... not faffing around at the bottom of the table or in the Championship.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Official attendance given out at Molineux is 31,395.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry. Are you judging based on pure speculation? Neves is out on the field in a Wolves shirt today.
Fosun have invested and that is why we are in the top 8 in the Prem... not faffing around at the bottom of the table or in the Championship.

So you can speculate on a plan being successful, but no one else is allowed to speculate that actually the plan could lead to failure or has flaws?

Right, got it.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who watched those games and didn't think particularly Partey/Tielemans and Rice are better then I don't know what you are watching.
Pure B/S. Neves has been one of the best players for us over the last few months.
Talk about bigging up others and not supporting our own. You are a disgrace.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Anyone who watched those games and didn't think particularly Partey/Tielemans and Rice are better then I don't know what you are watching.
I wouldn’t say better. They’re different types of midfielders. Does Neves play on his own? Of course not. Any box to box midfielder with movement around them will look better than Neves when we play badly because Neves doesn’t run around too much just spreads the play and shoots from distance.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you can speculate on a plan being successful, but no one else is allowed to speculate that actually the plan could lead to failure or has flaws?

Right, got it.
No. I'm actually judging based on results. Remember two 7th placed finishes and this season being around the same area. Results. Not speculation.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Pure B/S. Neves has been one of the best players for us over the last few months.
He has had some excellent games and some poor ones, he is a very good player but isn't elite like some claim.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I wouldn’t say better. They’re different types of midfielders. Does Neves play on his own? Of course not. Any box to box midfielder with movement around them will look better than Neves when we play badly because Neves doesn’t run around too much just spreads the play and shoots from distance.
None of them are box to box midfielders

Rugrats

Reaction score
and you're blind - Tielemans will never get an easier game than he did up against Neves

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this looks like a team that knows it's safe but has just about given up on Europe. There's no edge to our game, it's like we have nothing to play for. The mentality hasn't look good throughout the whole side, right from kick off. Much like the worst of last season, a team that looks like they just don't want to be there.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this looks like a team that knows it's safe but has just about given up on Europe. There's no edge to our game, it's like we have nothing to play for. The mentality hasn't look good throughout the whole side, right from kick off. Much like the worst of last season, a team that looks like they just don't want to be there.

Reminds me of the season resuming after Covid, where CL was on the table as a possibility but you never would have known looking at the players or Nuno.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
None of them are box to box midfielders
But they have more energy and run around more than Neves does. Neves is the worst possible example for a box to box, and any other energetic midfield pairing will outshine him in that aspect. He still scored against Leicester and we won.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is the new Traore.
Flatters to deceive
And offers nothing
No physical presence.
Never a tackle
Never a 50/50
Obviously never a header.
Basically, nothing

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

But they have more energy and run around more than Neves does. Neves is the worst possible example for a box to box, and any other energetic midfield pairing will outshine him in that aspect. He still scored against Leicester and we won.
That isn't Tielemans game at all, nor Partey really. Rice is a brilliant athlete obviously

Back
Top Bottom