Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What's surprising is, given how Palace looked a league ahead of us for much of the match - and about 3 leagues ahead in the first half - that in the end, they only won with a scramble after a lucky bounce and a penalty.
Tbf Sa made some cracking saves, and in the 2nd half they were absolutely shockingly bad

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Played much better second half but toothless yet again. Need to go back to the basics again. Get the 0-0 draws again to stop the rot. Hope to nick a goal for a win. 3 attackers leave us too exposed and we lose control of the game. Have two up front and play 3 in the middle to get back control.
This poor run needs to end next game.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played much better second half but toothless yet again. Need to go back to the basics again. Get the 0-0 draws again to stop the rot. Hope to nick a goal for a win. 3 attackers leave us too exposed and we lose control of the game. Have two up front and play 3 in the middle to get back control.
This poor run needs to end next game.

It's a horrible position to be in, but I think this is where all roads seem to lead us - until (or unless) there is some serious rebuilding in the core of the team.

<EDIT> And 3 attackers doesn't give us any added attacking power, it seems. Just read this again and it is a bit surprising, as in "oh yes, we had 3 forwards, yet as usual , you'd never notice". Not helped by Raul being out wide and Hwang so far back, I thought the commentator was making mistakes every time he mentioned Hwang picking up the ball in our defensive third.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have played all night and not scored. Losing Semedo, and Ukraine upsetting Kilman, seem to have upset the balance we had.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's surprising is, given how Palace looked a league ahead of us for much of the match - and about 3 leagues ahead in the first half - that in the end, they only won with a scramble after a lucky bounce and a penalty.
A scramble that followed a blatant (but unpenalised) shove in the back of Saiss. WTF is VAR for ?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to end our current poor run.
Not used to my beloved Wolves having this type of run and for my samity we jave to get back to our winning ways and soon!! :astonished:

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
We can only win a game if we score a goal. Until that happens get the draw. Forget Europe, just play for pride now. If we end up in 8th then great but can't see it with team and tactics.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti played ....

Saiss strolled back into the team after Toti had been playing well ...

Look at the league table, like you said
You seriously think Toti is better than Saiss. Another comedian.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't say that.

I'm actually a big Saiss fan and have constant arguments with my dad as he doesn't rate him.

But we do seem to have a 'if he is fit he plays' ethos at this club. It's taken months for Jiminez to get dropped.

Leister aren't a great example as they are playing terribly but Madison can't get in their side because of that young lad whose name escapes me is their best player this season.

Every single footballer that graces this planet has at the start of their career dislodged a more experienced player, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe ...

At Wolves it's as if they get their chance when forced due to suspension or injury ... then as soon as that suspension or injury is removed we revert back to the original.

Last edited:

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
64% possession! We're doing really well in our transformation to a possession based style of play then. Let's hope the move to 4 at the back is as succesful.
Possession, in our case anyway, is 9/10ths of the bore, unfortunately!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti didn’t deserve to be dropped and he has pace which helps allow us to play higher if we want. Like Kilman Toti could save is millions if he’s allowed to develop

Back
Top Bottom