Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see Neto!

Hoever. Marcal. Silva dropped? This is going to be such a tedious watch, hope Sa has practiced his long kicks.

Over to Neto to win us the match then, its just like old times.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul on the bench again and also RAN ……oh well, let’s see.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Good to see podence and Neto start. Would have preferred Fabio instead of hwang.
Big call to bench Raul for 2 matches in a row.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Pedro back in the team from the start for so many reasons but not least he must be suffering so issues from the injury

Feel for Cundle and Toti missing out on the squad but Bruno needs to rotate who misses out understandably and Chiquinho deserves a shot from the bench

Big game for so many but Hoever needs to show us something going forward today. Good luck to the lad

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow. So nothing from the WBs and no hold up play for the inevitable hoofery. 60th minute yet? Welcome back, Pedro.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
As I said last week, you can't play a system based on wingbacks when you don't have any actual wingbacks. If they aren't fit then change the system, and I don't mean when1 down on 80 minutes.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Neto starting, but Hoever worries the hell out of me. Rightly critical of Bruno's team last week. Hope he's got the big calls right this week.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not impressed but let’s hope I eat my words

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like seeing Neto and Podence supporting - but not supporting Hwang. Had to be one of (or both of) the centre forwards for me

Let's see how we go

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't understand RAN being behind Marcal. I'd have thought that was the one obvious change they'd make.

I like the idea of trying Hwang as striker. We need something there and neither Silva nor Jimenez have really flourished of late.

Not the biggest Hwang fan, but I like the idea

Good to see Neto in but Podence starting is the big one for me.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we've decided to use the rest of the season to give some game time to a few players. I don't mind experimenting up front with Podence, Neto and Hwang but am surprised Hoever gets another look in given that last performance. Perhaps it's just Bruno wanting to give the guy some confidence but that can go the other way as well. Have some fears about who he is facing though.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't understand RAN being behind Marcal. I'd have thought that was the one obvious change they'd make.

I like the idea of trying Hwang as striker. We need something there and neither Silva nor Jimenez have really flourished of late.

As for Hooever, I've always rated him but he was truly awful last week

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its going to be not actual wingbacks vs the actual wingers of Palace. Palace to control the midfield as they did away.

More I think on it. Ugh. Just glad I've got Gallagher in my FPL.

T

TheConcourse

Bruno must have watched something different to me last week.

Saiss, Marcal and Hoever were absolutely shocking.

It is what it is - they need to deliver today.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Suggests to me that Bruno may be concerned about Jonny’s fitness so he’s kept his options open by starting Marcal and having RAN as an option if needed. May also mean he’s keeping the option of stepping it up later in the game if needed.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever must have been unbeatable in training again this week.
I can already visualise this rabbit stuck in Zaha’s headlights.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madness . Hoever and marcal ain’t wing backs FFS

How hwang is ahead of Silva I do not know although suspect that’s tactical.

We will see but not optimistic

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harsh on Fabio. I like Hwang but he's not the best with his back to goal so might struggle holding the ball up top.
Said last week it’s like Kilman all over again. Playing relatively well and getting dropped for the next 5-10 games last season. Look what’s happened when he got consecutive games under his belt. Same is happening with Silva

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like I am ranting but why has Silva been dropped, he and Podence linking in the 2nd half was the only time we looked threatening and he was the only one to leave West Ham having gained some credit, he had a good game despite the scraps he had to feed off and actually forced the chances we had, or at least drew saves from Fabianski and made West Ham actually, well, defend.

Its like Kilman all over again with Nuno, one good game, actually plays well, dropped.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we hoof and press for 60 and then… something.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor lineup.

Hwang won't hold the ball up and going to be a tough watch today really don't understand the thinking behind this one of Silva or Raul has to start.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree on Hwang. About time we tried it. In terms of finishing, he's looked second only to Raul. Holds the ball up well, too. Though disappointing in the air, maybe he'll score a header today? Highly unlikely anyone else (well, other than the CH's) will.

Might as well try things, we are safe so wise to be looking ahead to moving on up next season. (could be wrong, but I suspect the hunger for Europe this season isn't quite there, strengthen the squad and it will be there next season).

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm assuming RAN is carrying a knock so no options at wb.
Great to see Pedro back but surely would have been worth giving Raul another shot with support from both Neto and Podence...maybe even Fabio who's started holding the ball up well lately.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor lineup.

Hwang won't hold the ball up and going to be a tough watch today really don't understand the thinking behind this one of Silva or Raul has to start.

He's far more likely than Fabio to score an actual goal, though, surely? Not noticed Fabio particularly good at holding the ball up, either. Isn't "holding the ball up" the attitude that the inferior team takes into a match? Fair enough if we were playing Liverpool or City, but Palace are some way behind us and we should be looking to actually score and beat them , not wind the clock down by holding the ball up.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Hwang, he really can't do worse than the out of confident Raul or the £35m misfit, regardless of Silva's second half last week. Both Raul and Silva have much improvement to make to make me question a change that may just work out.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Hwang, he really can't do worse than the out of confident Raul or the £35m misfit, regardless of Silva's second half last week. Both Raul and Silva have much improvement to make to make me question a change that may just work out.
But how is Silva ever going to improve if everytime he has had a good game hes dropped?

Its the Kilman syndrome all over again. You can see he has talent, he shows said talent, does little wrong and plays well, gets dropped, ????, rinse and repeat.

If we have nothing to lose and we are testing these frankly weak line-ups then at least work with players who have done well.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very harsh on Silva but great to see Neto start.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to see Neto back.

Imagine a striker playing ahead of that front three. It always feels as though we are almost there in being a team that can score goals.

We can win this!!

Back
Top Bottom