Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Crystal Palace comms thread.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
I think this looks like a team that knows it's safe but has just about given up on Europe. There's no edge to our game, it's like we have nothing to play for. The mentality hasn't look good throughout the whole side, right from kick off. Much like the worst of last season, a team that looks like they just don't want to be there.
Not really acceptable from professional sportsman.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I’d love to have his jawline and cheekbones tbf.

It was almost abnormally good during the first half of the season. I guess it is reverting to the mean now.
The defense was good, Sa bailed them out a fair amount. He has today again a bit but last few weeks has conceded a few goals he wouldn't have earlier in year.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiq shown more in ten minutes than the rest of our attack for most the season. Would give him, Cundle, Fabio and Toti minutes now until the end of the season
Glad you noticed that. This is what we are trying to do. Find decent young talent and give them an opportunity. For some it's all about the here and now instead of looking to what is actually building. Our run of wins told a false story, just as much as these last three losses have. We have some very talented players and we are simply trying to find a way to make them work.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Podence is the new Traore.
Flatters to deceive
And offers nothing
No physical presence.
Never a tackle
Never a 50/50
Obviously never a header.
Basically, nothing
Traore didn't have a physical presence ? Are you sure ?

Sutton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve all lived in hope but that hope has gone now so we can relax and not get to uptight.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad you noticed that. This is what we are trying to do. Find decent young talent and give them an opportunity. For some it's all about the here and now instead of looking to what is actually building. Our run of wins told a false story, just as much as these last three losses have. We have some very talented players and we are simply trying to find a way to make them work.
I'm fully on board with that but we will start the next game with the old guard who never seem to get dropped

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The 3 losses aren't false at all we've been miles 2nd best in all of them. The wins papered over some cracks though for sure.

We create absolutely nothing, probably 2nd worst in the division at chance creation after Norwich. I would say Brentford but they've nearly a double digit top scorer

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you sure about that?

Toti and Cundle have both come into the side and done well ... bit dropped as soon as an older head is back in the squad or fit again. Likewise Silva, Jiminez has been poor so we drop Jiminez and still don't play Silva.

We don't find decent young talent and give them an opportunity.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm fully on board with that but we will start the next game with the old guard who never seem to get dropped
We don't really know do we? Hoever was given his chance the last two weeks.... we don't know who is carrying knocks and who isn't. However, the evidence is there that we do give youngsters a chance.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about tonight is the commentator calling Marçal “Marshall” all night. Not only did I have to endure watching paint dry, I had to stab my ears to stop hearing that bull****.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We don't really know do we? Hoever was given his chance the last two weeks.... we don't know who is carrying knocks and who isn't. However, the evidence is there that we do give youngsters a chance.
We are forced into it. We had no option for Hoever, Cundle, Toti and Fabio last year.

Andi130

Reaction score
Bruno needs to take a long hard look at himself for the failures over the last two games. Team selections have stunk. Players obviously have to take a good look at themselves, but the starting lineups for both games have been extremely questionable.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Remember Palace were the most out of form team coming into that as well - they will never get an easier game

The subs embarrassed Bruno's starting line up

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You can’t play in the Premier League unless you have some form of pace, athleticism and running power in the side.

The losses of Traore and Semedo, and the non-selection of Ait-Nouri are costing us massively.

Abject performance all round.

Rugrats

Reaction score
There is no choice - there is no depth in the squad so if you have a pair of boots, you're in !

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you sure about that?

Toti and Cundle have both come into the side and done well ... bit dropped as soon as an older head is back in the squad or fit again. Likewise Silva, Jiminez has been poor so we drop Jiminez and still don't play Silva.

We don't find decent young talent and give them an opportunity.
100% sure and Kilman is the best example of that.
However, there is a balance to find and to make sure you don't overplay youngsters.
Silva had plenty of opportunity last season but this season you can see he's very raw still.
I understand what Bruno was trying to do today but it didn't work. Hwang and Podence were poor while Neto is finding his feet.
Chiquinho, another youngster, came on and showed what he can do. Cundle / Toti were both given games but you can't seriously expect him to play these guys from the start when we have better more experienced and consistent players ahead of them. They will get game time but it has to be managed very carefully.
So yeah... I'm 100% sure.

Rugrats

Reaction score
You can’t play in the Premier League unless you have some form of pace, athleticism and running power in the side.

The losses of Traore and Semedo, and the non-selection of Ait-Nouri are costing us massively.

Abject performance all round.
Semedo was always going to be a massive loss - by a country mile our best player !

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Go 4 at the back next game, literally nothing to lose.

Apart from the game obviously

Who would you have right back? Jonny looks miles off the pace.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's surprising is, given how Palace looked a league ahead of us for much of the match - and about 3 leagues ahead in the first half - that in the end, they only won with a scramble after a lucky bounce and a penalty.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
100% sure and Kilman is the best example of that.
However, there is a balance to find and to make sure you don't overplay youngsters.
Silva had plenty of opportunity last season but this season you can see he's very raw still.
I understand what Bruno was trying to do today but it didn't work. Hwang and Podence were poor while Neto is finding his feet.
Chiquinho, another youngster, came on and showed what he can do. Cundle / Toti were both given games but you can't seriously expect him to play these guys from the start when we have better more experienced and consistent players ahead of them. They will get game time but it has to be managed very carefully.
So yeah... I'm 100% sure.
working brilliant that is ...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Who would you have right back? Jonny looks miles off the pace.
Think you just have to play him back into form. Ain't got another option, he is playing either in a 5 or a 4. In a 4 he could probably sit back a bit more as well

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well a few things spring to mind....
Even when Palace sat back second half we still created little.
Midfield v poor first half. And surely a match crying out for 3 in the middle?
Jonny and Neto a long way from match sharp.
Missing Ait Nouri and Semedo.
Chiquinho looked sharp.
Podence busy, but like his diminutive pal Moutinho. Very wasteful

Bruno needs to do a lot of thinking.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no choice - there is no depth in the squad so if you have a pair of boots, you're in !

If ever there was a match crying out for Donk, Fabio and Trincao, this was the one. What was Bruno thinking, leaving them out?

Back
Top Bottom