Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves - 5/1 relegated

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does @Burton Wolf say, he’s on the ball with bookies.;)
UTW

They need to wait until the transfer season closes before deciding relegation or other odds. Who knows who teams will buy? Brentford getting Messi would change evrything for example! Not going to happen I know but other transfers would make a big difference. Spurs losing kane would hurt them badly.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy trying to predict until all transfers completed.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bookies price up early to attract mug punters. Some will take the first price offered, but they are often pushed out later. Let two or three games go before having a punt.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far, to last seasons starting team, we have added Raul Jimenez and Trincao. Lost no one yet either. Plus have the wonder kid another year along the line.

Still need couple more in, certainly in midfield, but as things stand, other than the complete unknown that is our management, attacking wise we are light years ahead of last season. That’s before we even throw in pizza boy!

We ain’t going down ffs.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well at least I wouldn’t need a membership plus then!

In all seriousness its odds it has no bearing on how the season is going to play out, chill out ignore, we won’t go down!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far, to last seasons starting team, we have added Raul Jimenez and Trincao. Lost no one yet either. Plus have the wonder kid another year along the line.

Still need couple more in, certainly in midfield, but as things stand, other than the complete unknown that is our management, attacking wise we are light years ahead of last season. That’s before we even throw in pizza boy!

We ain’t going down ffs.
We’ve lost Patricio.

Not that I disagree with your general point.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As noted above, prices offered will only reflect the thinking of the 'masses', not the actual probabilities.
A re-vamped Fabio, looking physically stronger by the day, the return of Jimenez, Neto to return in a few months.

Marcal, Semedo, RAN, Hoever, Mosquera, Coady, Saiss, Kilman, Boly, (Johnny Otto to come back) - the defence is in far better shape than people are painting it, though one more CB would be nice.

We'll be top half.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bookies don't often get it madly wrong. They see us having a difficult season, and they may be right. I would be happier with a couple if signings.
I still think with our forward options that we will be OK.
I'll go with that.
I suppose my only disappointment is that our first two years back in the PL were so encouraging I put relegation out of my thinking for a while. Unfortunately, it is edging it's way back .......

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Few mates of mine who arent Wolves fans think we may struggle this season. Lets hope we prove them and the bookies wrong. Need some strong additions still of course.
A drinking associate of mine, a Leicester supporter, is looking forward to their first match this season a lot more eagerly than I am - not that I'd let him know, of course.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As noted above, prices offered will only reflect the thinking of the 'masses', not the actual probabilities.
A re-vamped Fabio, looking physically stronger by the day, the return of Jimenez, Neto to return in a few months.

Marcal, Semedo, RAN, Hoever, Mosquera, Coady, Saiss, Kilman, Boly, (Johnny Otto to come back) - the defence is in far better shape than people are painting it, though one more CB would be nice.

We'll be top half.
I also think Wolves will finish top half. Too much quality to be in a relegation battle. I look forward to seeing the players with the shackles off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A drinking associate of mine, a Leicester supporter, is looking forward to their first match this season a lot more eagerly than I am - not that I'd let him know, of course.
Living in London Spuds fans are really looking forward to the second game. They confidently expect to stuff us on our own patch.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Living in London Spuds fans are really looking forward to the second game. They confidently expect to stuff us on our own patch.

Without Kane they will struggle to score. From reports he won't be playing early doors.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the moment i'd say we will be in the mix with the squad as it stands.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

We ain’t going down ffs.
You forgot the new nutter centre back.... :)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think so at all. Nothing new in midfield, no center back of any proven quality yet. Still seem very reliant on Jimenez. We are still 3 first team players short even if we dont lose anyone.
Add an unproven in the PL keeper too.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I dont think so at all. Nothing new in midfield, no center back of any proven quality yet. Still seem very reliant on Jimenez. We are still 3 first team players short even if we dont lose anyone.
Blyme you're a bundle of optimism.....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add an unproven in the PL keeper too.

TBF to Sa, at least he does have a decent pedigree and while i dont think he is as good as Patricio, i think he may suits our style more than Rui.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBF to Sa, at least he does have a decent pedigree and while i dont think he is as good as Patricio, i think he may suits our style more than Rui.
I wasn't criticising him but even now, when people say that the game is soft, the PL seems to permit relatively more physical challenges on keepers than other leagues.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
We've lost Rui and no one else as things stand.

We've got Raul back.

Things can obviously change with more outgoing transfers but for me there's enough in the squad to be nowhere near relegation.

Even if Bruno's ideas turn out to be a complete disaster and he's gone by November we've got enough quality for someone else to keep us up.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As I said in an earlier post, the betting companies are as much in the dark as us. They have teams of analysts to troll through jounalists reports, so called ITK information, whispers, anything else that can flavour the market, entice punters, and make a profit.

I agree that any movement in the transfer market, or change of manager can lead to a change of the market, but there is no such thing as a sure fire bet. They (the bookies) would not be in the business if this was a fact, and as Delboy famously said 'We'd all be millionaires'.
A team in the lower leagues, could entice Fergie out of retirement, to act as a manager/consultant. It would change the market prices, but would not be a given fact that they would walk away with the league.

Out of curiosity I looked at some of specials markets: (All decimal odds as easier to see) . I wonder how much press stories
have influenced the market?

Kane 1.35 to 1 to go to Manchester City, 2.5 to stay at Tottenham.
Will this effect other players movements - and the player carousel - quite possibly.

Wolves players odds (IF and a BIG IF the bookies are right)

Neves: 3 - 1 Manchester Utd, 6 Arsenal, 13 Tottenham, 19 Liverpool (strangely no continental teams showing)
Coady: Tottenham 3.25, Everton 3.75, Liverpool 21
Jimenez: Tottenham 7
Traore: Tottenham 4, Chelsea 5, Liverpool 9, West Ham 10, Leeds 11, and Barcelona 17.

No other players prices quoted, as I can see, so all the other players must be staying:rolleyes: Strangely, no market for any of the above players staying with Wolves.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is no way that Wolves will go down. You might as well set fire to the money and have a BBQ with it than bet on that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't go down. My concern is that rather than progress we will simply stand still. 13th could be about where we are tbh. Who knows who's going and coming in in the next few weeks but as things stand we still need a commanding CB to partner Boly in a four, it looks like Moutinho will continue in mf where MGW is patently not good enough and we certainly need another striker to take the weight off Jimenez and Silva - for me Cutrone is not that man. Lots of big unanswered questions; if they are not addressed then another mid-table season beckons.

Back
Top Bottom