Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves - 5/1 relegated

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have backed Wolves to get more than 45 points.
That was at 11/10 with Sky and I had the maximum bet they'd allow me
45 points is what we got last year, largely without Raul and almost wholly without bothering to play in the first half of games.
Relegation my ****

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why you're not as rich as me ha
New manager will be gone by November. What are the odds on that?
Bruno can be backed @16/1 to be the next manager to leave in the Prem.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's probably a decent shout at those odds. If we have a nightmare start, Fosun will panic and be ruthless.

Same can be said of Watford though.

Id also put Dean Smith on the list. I like him and think he's a good manager, but clubs that finish bottom half then splurge in the market aren't renowned for giving a manger time.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Not a bad bet but I don’t think Bruno will go regardless, In my opinion he was appointed to have little to no budget to sign players and to develop youth players to be sold on at a later date for bigger profits. Staying in the league is probably the only aim with a slight improvement in playing style for entertainment.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Won a couple of hundred when Italy won the euros (I put the bet on before the comp started..), so I put a bit of the winnings on outrageous bets just in-case.
5/1 or 9/2 does make a mockery of the football the team played two years ago, but it does reflect our 'wobble', mid-point of last season.
Conversely, we haven't a prayer of winning the PL, so, what winnings I still have left from our promotion will stay in my pocket, and I'll happily forego any profit I might get from betting on our relegation.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First XI wise, we should be 7th/8th.

The drop off after a few injuries is pretty staggering though.

Keeping the best players fit is huge for us (and everyone else, I suppose!)
Unfortunately, looking at the current 'sick list' getting the best X1 fit looks unlikely until November, at best.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd rather go all tits and teeth and say will we will make top 6. Do some of you really go to work and talk to albion/blues/villa fans like this? If I rocked up to work today and started talking football and say I've got a tenner or so on us going down I'd get laughed offsite.
The same mate, it's proper Beta behaviour ain't it!?

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Year of transition for us don't think anyone expects Europe, well a few on here might. I think the league is really divided this year with clear top six, obvious 7 to 12 and I think bottom 5 are straight forward picks
Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich, Watford and Burnley. We'll finish in that little group around midway. 5/1 are silly short odds

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every teams in transition... didnt Klopp say words to that effect? Anyway,we wont be relegated Think we`ll surprise a few and finish 10th-12th

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
of course we might go down. we were 4th in the champ in october and went down the following may. 5/1 shows that we are perceived to be weaker than previous years and unless we sign players it feels about right.i think we will just scrape out of the bottom 3 but i have put a few quid on relegation to soften the pain a little if we do go down

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every teams in transition... didnt Klopp say words to that effect? Anyway,we wont be relegated Think we`ll surprise a few and finish 10th-12th
Would 10th-12th be a surprise? I think that's about our level. Bit better than last season with Raul back but nothing more than that.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm very tempted to put some money on Southampton to go down

Reactions: Ned

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will never understand anybody who bets on their own club to go down

Like a few quid offsets the pain of relegation
The odds aren’t good enough but it can be a logical financial transaction . If you divorce it of any emotion.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This could of gone on a few of the threads but shows Athletic subscribers optimism for the season. Wolves 14th! And some of the happy clappers thought our forums were miserable! Considering everything going on recently and lots of panic i didnt think 14th was that bad. Other clubs must really be in the **** and the fans proper pants wetting.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The Times have us to go down with Norwich and Watford.

777F5756-812D-40B1-B3C2-7E9F21A330F2.jpeg

They also have Spurs finishing 10th.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather go all tits and teeth and say will we will make top 6. Do some of you really go to work and talk to albion/blues/villa fans like this? If I rocked up to work today and started talking football and say I've got a tenner or so on us going down I'd get laughed offsite.

Depends where you work. If you were in finance, they'd more likely say "Ah, you're hedging then, always a sensible option".

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Times have us to go down with Norwich and Watford.

View attachment 23192

They also have Spurs finishing 10th.
I hope we make predictions like this look stupid.

First time since we've been promoted that pundits no longer wax lyrical about us. Perhaps it will be nice to be out of the limelight

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Septembers a huge month for us. Playing 'other' relegation threatened teams.
I can see us on 0 after first 3 but relegation, no chance
I find it hard to accept a narrative in which we go. We have some excellent players. If the 'incomings' solve the obvious deficiencies, I'd like to think we will be back to previous levels.

Then again, we were absolutely turgid last season, so perhaps we fit the narrative of a mid table side on a bad run of form continuing to slide.

There are a few outlets for whom the goings on with Mendes always sour their Wolves reporting. Can't remember if the Times is one of them.

In terms of objective predictions for this season, money always makes the biggest difference, so I'd perhaps suggest this as the barometer by which bets should be made:

I know they have an excellent manager, but i think Leeds are priced too long at 16/1

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The i Paper preview has us finishing 14th, The Guardian's 13th. Think that's the expectation of most previews I've seen - lower mid table. I don't think I've ever been so clueless about where we will finish before a season starts. Within the first month we'll have a better idea.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My prediction is lower midtable 13-16th BUT.... looking at it objectively all the hallmarks of a shock relegation are there
-New Coach overhauling a distinct way of playing
-No new signings freshening up the side
-Lack of squad depth with a few key injuries away from being in real trouble
-Over-reliance on a single player for goals
-Proven lack of ability/fight to turn it around when the goings tough
-"Too good to go down" claxon
-Off field noise and uncertainty
-Not addressed issues that have been for some time (CB & CM)
-Players not wanting to commit long term (Traore, Mir, Otasowie)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
of course we might go down. we were 4th in the champ in october and went down the following may. 5/1 shows that we are perceived to be weaker than previous years and unless we sign players it feels about right.i think we will just scrape out of the bottom 3 but i have put a few quid on relegation to soften the pain a little if we do go down

It won't, it'll just make you feel dirty.

I will never understand anybody who bets on their own club to go down

Like a few quid offsets the pain of relegation

Exactly

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cascarino and Agbonlahor both tipping us to be relegated.
They rate right up there with Garth Crooks and Paul Merson for credibility and accuracy.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we do struggle though...

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont believe the marketing that the premier league is the best league in the world. There is some absolute dross in this league. Looking at the table there is about 8 teams i could definitely make a case for being relegated and its making me feel easier about Wolves this season (we are one of those 8) but you just look at Southampton, Palace, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle.. all are real poor sides and got weaker this season. Still think we are in that group and lower midtable most likely

Back
Top Bottom