Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves - 5/1 relegated

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I prefer the 325/1 to win the league odds. I put 30 on it.
£30 to win the league is wasted whereas it would go some way to paying a chunk of a season ticket if the worst was to happen!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky Bet has us 9/2. That will shorten further if we don’t sort a centre half soon.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get any context on these odds without seeing and comparing the odds on all other clubs. Are these odds good, bad or average?
Brentford 11/10
Burnley 5/2
Palace 7/4
Newcastle 11/4
Norwich 5/6
Southampton 4/1
Watford 1/1

have shorter odds

selected others:
Villa 7/1
Leeds 9/1
Spurs 150/1

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bookies don't often get it madly wrong. They see us having a difficult season, and they may be right. I would be happier with a couple if signings.
I still think with our forward options that we will be OK.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bookies don't often get it madly wrong. They see us having a difficult season, and they may be right. I would be happier with a couple if signings.
You’re right, they don’t often get it badly wrong and they have 7 teams shorter than us suggesting they don’t think we’ll be relegated.

The odds suggest they expect nothing from us, no major risk of going down, no expectation of challenging for top half or even Europe. So no worry, just nothing exciting either. Let’s see what happens.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley 5/2
Palace 7/4
Newcastle 11/4
Norwich 5/6
Southampton 4/1
Watford 1/1

have shorter odds

selected others:
Villa 7/1
Leeds 9/1
Spurs 150/1
Brentford are shorter too are they not?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
All bookies have is "crowd wisdom", if a few naysayers on here put a couple of quid on then we could shorten further, does that mean we are more likely to be relegated? For me the odds look fair, the new coach is a wild card, the squad will be too good to go down if the tactics are right, if Lage is too ambitious we might get in a mess. Nuno tried 4231 and went 532 when it started to look slightly worrying. Having said that if Lage struggles then we'll probably cut our losses. Nobody outside the top 7 or 8 can rule out relegation entirely.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re right, they don’t often get it badly wrong and they have 7 teams shorter than us suggesting they don’t think we’ll be relegated.

The odds suggest they expect nothing from us, no major risk of going down, no expectation of challenging for top half or even Europe. So no worry, just nothing exciting either. Let’s see what happens.
That's how I see it as well, at least with a chance of some more exciting football

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
Won a couple of hundred when Italy won the euros (I put the bet on before the comp started..), so I put a bit of the winnings on outrageous bets just in-case.
I’ve done exactly the same, won big (for me) on the Euro’s and spent some and the rest gone on outlandish bets for next season!

Any trophy of success will do lads!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think we'll score goals, but we'll ship em too with current squad
STILL need a serious CM and CD
otherwise i'm tempted to put a few quid on that given our opening fixtures

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It is early days and an open market, the transfer window is still open, the teams have not settled, there are far too many unknowns.
The bookies have priced the market, not on known facts, form or anything else. They have had a punt. The idea is to entice the market and attract punters. They do not have a crystal ball, a direct line to the Gods of Football. They are a business for god sake. The market will settle down, once the season has started, and the teams sorted out. Then the odds will reflect the closer market.
The prices are always based on the weight of money bet for each team, with a margin built in so that the betting companies don't lose (on the overall market).
Oh by the way it's a mugs game.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Other than Leicester when they won it, and 2 or 3 teams every season who end up in quite different places than predicted.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very easy to make an argument for us going down. Change of manager, potential squad overhaul, change of system etc. At the moment it’s hard to say because the window is still open, hopefully we get a couple of strong additions in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few mates of mine who arent Wolves fans think we may struggle this season. Lets hope we prove them and the bookies wrong. Need some strong additions still of course.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5/1 seems about right for the squad as it stands. Odds might get a little longer, but bookies have us about 14th place and that's where I see us as well.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
, hopefully we get a couple of strong additions in.

It’s very easy to make an argument for us qualifying for Europe. Change of manager, potential squad overhaul, change of system etc. At the moment it’s hard to say because the window is still open.

Depends on your perspective really. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford 11/10
Burnley 5/2
Palace 7/4
Newcastle 11/4
Norwich 5/6
Southampton 4/1
Watford 1/1

have shorter odds

selected others:
Villa 7/1
Leeds 9/1
Spurs 150/1
7 rated below us so that would put us 13th. Unless we pull out a couple of surprises in the transfer market I think that is a pretty fair assessment of where we are - standing still.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From studiously following relegation odds for a great many seasons, these seem a little short.

That being said, we are - for the first time since we got promoted - a completely unknown quantity. We could viably struggle; we could viably make Europe. Makes sense for the bookies to just put is where we finished last season.

Leeds and Brighton are too long IMO

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very easy to make an argument for us qualifying for Europe. Change of manager, potential squad overhaul, change of system etc. At the moment it’s hard to say because the window is still open.

Depends on your perspective really. I'm a glass half full kinda guy.
Indeed, we’ll need to make a couple more quality signings before I’m closer to being half-full than I am half-empty though. Hopefully our performances in the first few games will wash away the memories of the absolute dross we came up with last season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, we’ll need to make a couple more quality signings before I’m closer to being half-full than I am half-empty though. Hopefully our performances in the first few games will wash away the memories of the absolute dross we came up with last season.
That is the elephant in the room when it comes to our future prospects.

Whatever you think of the players/Nuno - we were absolutely diabolical after Jimenez got injured.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Odds are bang on in context with prices of other sides. We could finish anywhere between 12th and relegation places, so 5-1 is about right.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems right to me too, based on current squad I’d have us as finishing somewhere 15th-18th

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With seven teams with shorter odds, they very much see us as mid-table.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As Cuban Wolf commented, the weight of money is a big factor in determining the odds. Punters have probably latched on to us not having a great time of it last season and Lage being an unknown quantity as far as managing in the Premier League goes. Hoping to see a few more players come in before the window ends, as a number of our current players were brought in to play a different type of football.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Were we on trajectory towards relegation last season? Some would argue yes we were. Do we look any better yet? I think a lot would argue no we don’t at the moment. Therefore, as things stand those odds are about right.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few mates of mine who arent Wolves fans think we may struggle this season. Lets hope we prove them and the bookies wrong. Need some strong additions still of course.
I hope that they are wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if they are right. I haven't met one serious, but non-Wolves, football supporter who doesn't think that our management moves were at best risky and at worst downright insane.

Back
Top Bottom