Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars Interview

Doing a really good job, probably helps that he has a settled side this year. Happy for him, especially considering some of the criticism aimed his way last season.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hercs goal was really well taken!

But even more credit to Ronan's lofted pass to give him that chance. Those two are tremendous prospects. Can regulars at under 23 Games tell us what the defensive side of their games are, as we already know how good they are with the ball?

@

@ComptonStars

Thought this was a good stat off the OS Twitter

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 2h
Interesting to note that the average age of the team was just over 18 last night. Only one player over 19, and a 16-year-old too!

It's been at about 18.2 all season so last night wasn't particularly special

Would usually be younger but Ryan Leek (18) who usually plays was unavailable so Regan Upton (20) took his place.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been at about 18.2 all season so last night wasn't particularly special

Think it's just something perhaps club wanted to point out since it was against a league team and at Mol. Who knows. Good either way.

R

robwolf

So its Sunderland u23s at home in the next round of Checkatrade. They're 6th in PL1 so will be an interesting challenge.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8-0 to City in terms of foreign-sounding names! What was the score in the match?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to the U23s league cup game v Pompey U23s down here, on Monday evening, with Denmead Wolf.

Here's hoping for another win!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@

@ComptonStars

Strange "article" in the E&S on 5 players to look out for from the u23s/Checkatrade group.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...checkatrade-trophy-stars-to-keep-your-eye-on/

Surprised Herc isn't included considering the goals he's scored & that they've included Ennis who hasn't featured.

What position does that Gibbs-White play? Keep hearing his name mentioned online re younger lads.

Herc would have comfortably been in our top 5

Morgan Gibbs-White can play lots of positions he was a 9 vs Accrington Stanley but that's not his position long term

We see him as a number 8 going forward, but wouldn't be surprised to see him tried at 10 aswell.

D

Deleted member 5242

u18's have taken some pastings this season

As mentioned, very very young side, two of the lads are only 15 I believe. They are competing with most across the field but have been punished heavily at the back with some individual errors and lacklustre defending

WiseOldWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
When we beat the accrington stanley reserves we're going places, when we lose 6-1 its due to an especially young team. Isnt it time the academy was put on the back burner indefinitely.. always tomorrow and never today

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I tried to mention before isn't it the case that some players who could have played for the U18's have instead played for the U23's??

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Bright in tonights squad. With the first team?

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm going to watch the U18's tomorrow night against Liverpool. To be honest my friends nephew plays for Liverpool so that's part of the reason.

Who's the ones to look out for with our lads?

@

@ComptonStars

I'm going to watch the U18's tomorrow night against Liverpool. To be honest my friends nephew plays for Liverpool so that's part of the reason.

Ryan Giles LW (16) Austin Samuels CF (15) & Taylor Perry (15) CM or AM

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Austin Samuels- Striker, Cameron John- full back, Ryan Giles- winger and Jordan Allen - striker.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An interesting and enjoyable read... Presume there's no live commentary for tonight's game?

Back
Top Bottom