Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
15% of Sunderland's goals this season have come in games against us this season......... and the other match we won 1-0! :(

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a fair shout, I always wondered how they get compiled in the first place. Is there a guy sat there watching?

I think SportRadar are the people who do it (it's the same platform betting companies use) - although there may be other companies out there). They do employ "data journalists" who's job it is to go to these things and report the key events.

Here is a little insight

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think SportRadar are the people who do it (it's the same platform betting companies use) - although there may be other companies out there). They do employ "data journalists" who's job it is to go to these things and report the key events.

Here is a little insight

That's amazing, thanks for the insight!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's amazing, thanks for the insight!

Got to admit - I've been tempted on many occasions but it’s not really as good as it may seem as you really need to focus so you wouldn’t be able to sit back and enjoy the games! only UK data journalist vacancy is London based for Cricket at the moment

Last edited:

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to admit - I've been tempted on many occasions but it’s not really as good as it may seem as you really need to focus so you wouldn’t be able to sit back and enjoy the games! only UK data journalist vacancy is London based for Cricket at the moment
I was just thinking that, turning something you enjoy into a job doesn't always end well

That said, I'm sure you'd smash it if you ever decided to

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come west brom are having all their best academy players poached and we retain ours? Do we have a higher academy status than they do where the rules work in our favour?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
How come west brom are having all their best academy players poached and we retain ours? Do we have a higher academy status than they do where the rules work in our favour?
Our academy players want to play for us and can see a clear pathway to either our first team or moves elsewhere. By all accounts it’s a great place to be a young player.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ours have a route to the first team no one wants to stay at West Brom.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, both Cat1 status.

It’ll be a combination of quite a few things….

*Contracts on offer
*More proactive contract management
*Premier League Club with a good pathway
*squad harmony
*(I’ll whisper this quietly but is close to being the main reason) the lads that have been poached had more promise than our lads in general. Before anyone takes this the wrong way… I mean, they had some stand out gems amongst a fairly average squad, whereas ours are all good across the whole squad hopefully that makes sense. And just for the record… we have some stars in the making coming through too now

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks like Jamie Pardington is leaving this summer as he was recently on trial at Cardiff City and played an u23 game

No great surprise as he’s not really had any game time in his loans last season or for the youth team this season

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it be on the usual You Tube channel (not usually on if there is a PL game going on ) ?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it be on the usual You Tube channel (not usually on if there is a PL game going on ) ?
No, they can’t screen it for the reasons you say as Southampton v Liverpool is on

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to tonight, hopefully the lads can pick themselves up from Friday and reach the final, would hate to see what's been a decent season whimper out and they have nothing to show for their work.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A very talented player who deserves some good fortune on the injury front now. Would actually be very interested to see what he can do in pre season with the first team squad. Similar style of player to MGW.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very talented player who deserves some good fortune on the injury front now. Would actually be very interested to see what he can do in pre season with the first team squad. Similar style of player to MGW.

Lets have a look in pre season by all means (stupid not to), however for me he needs a season loan like Morgan had this season (one with regular game time). The last time he played more than 15 games in a season was 2018/19

I can see a loan to Holland in the offing again and hopefully it will be better than his previous loan (7 appearances and another serious injury). Only slight complication is his contract expires next summer

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets have a look in pre season by all means (stupid not to), however for me he needs a season loan like Morgan had this season (one with regular game time). The last time he played more than 15 games in a season was 2018/19

I can see a loan to Holland in the offing again and hopefully it will be better than his previous loan (7 appearances and another serious injury). Only slight complication is his contract expires next summer
Send him to St Mirren as the Ronan replacement!

Back
Top Bottom