Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The problem is the senior player recruitment has been poor for years now, we dont need 16 yr olds we need quality senior players now
I don’t disagree but I think that’s a separate issue. Should Sellars be in charge of our first team recruitment, probably not. But we’re talking about the success of the academy and he’s played as much of a part as anybody.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t disagree but I think that’s a separate issue. Should Sellars be in charge of our first team recruitment, probably not. But we’re talking about the success of the academy and he’s played as much of a part as anybody.
Not a swipe at you, I just cannot see how he can be trusted with how poor we have recruited last few years. Certain areas have not been addressed and majority we have brought in are bloody useless

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Not a swipe at you, I just cannot see how he can be trusted with how poor we have recruited last few years. Certain areas have not been addressed and majority we have brought in are bloody useless
There’s a difference between recruiting at youth level and recruiting at first team level I guess. As much as our recruitment has been poor at first team level it’s been excellent at youth level.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder when we will find out when and where the remaining games are. I find i am looking forward to the U23s as I am first team

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not even that good!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leave that for a different thread though ay?

This is a thread about the kids who are doing well, there are plenty of other threads for senior recruitment discussion

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise I am a bit old fashioned, but does anyone else regret the passing of reserve team football? I worry about perpetual bench sitters and bit players.
Cundle has managed to still get regular games for the U23 side and I believe it has benefited him, without seeming to damage his standing as part of the first team squad. Bruno does seem to keep these things more fluid, or more dynamic, than was previously the case.
I wonder however how the players see it? Is a game for the U23s, apart from a brief outing on returning from injury, seen as a bad thing by some, especially the over age players? How can we judge the form of players who only get minutes from the bench and how does it affect their match fitness? Does anyone know how this works in other countries? Many seem to have reserve, or B teams, in lower and regional leagues, but I understand that these often have little connection with the senior side at all, just sharing a name and branding. If loans are to be further restricted and the U23 age reduced could there be an argument for a return of the "stiffs"?
I would love to see some of our fringe players getting regular competitive games alongside the best of our youth. in England It only seems to happen in the 2 major cup competitions and we are not always in them long enough to try it out!
Absolutely agree and have been saying similar for some time. Players comimg back from injury need minutes, youngsters need to play alongside experienced players to learn from them, and Fringe/squad players like Dendonker, Ruddy, Hoever, Silva need game time and match fitness.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadnt realised until yesterday that one of the lads that played for the u18's against Derby u18's the other day is only 13! Due to turn 14 in next few days.
McKenzie Bradbury?

I think we had 3 u15 and 1 u16 players in the starting line up and a young bench

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise I am a bit old fashioned, but does anyone else regret the passing of reserve team football? I worry about perpetual bench sitters and bit players.
Cundle has managed to still get regular games for the U23 side and I believe it has benefited him, without seeming to damage his standing as part of the first team squad. Bruno does seem to keep these things more fluid, or more dynamic, than was previously the case.
I wonder however how the players see it? Is a game for the U23s, apart from a brief outing on returning from injury, seen as a bad thing by some, especially the over age players? How can we judge the form of players who only get minutes from the bench and how does it affect their match fitness? Does anyone know how this works in other countries? Many seem to have reserve, or B teams, in lower and regional leagues, but I understand that these often have little connection with the senior side at all, just sharing a name and branding. If loans are to be further restricted and the U23 age reduced could there be an argument for a return of the "stiffs"?
I would love to see some of our fringe players getting regular competitive games alongside the best of our youth. in England It only seems to happen in the 2 major cup competitions and we are not always in them long enough to try it out!
Certainly do. The first time I took my wife out was to a Reserve team game at the Mol.....

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be coaches
Would be nice wouldn’t it. The Hawthorns isn’t that bad to get too tbf but yeah they could do it like they did for the U18s, £3 coach with the fee going to the foundation.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McKenzie Bradbury?

I think we had 3 u15 and 1 u16 players in the starting line up and a young bench
Mackenzie plays in the same Wales U15 squad as my eldest grandson. Qualification for International U15 is by year of birth ie 2007.
Qualification for National U15 depends on your age at set date in the year, maybe 31 August.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of our fans than the **** fans at the poorthorns?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t understand it
Just tried to get tickets and it says only wheelchairs spaces available

Back
Top Bottom