Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

TOTI

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always the most elaborate celebrator of our goals.. a player that you can just tell other players like having in the team. A positive energy.

Attitude aside though, he is also more of an all round player than I expected to see. Love the guy.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another feather in the cap for the recruitment team

Toti and Kilman combined cost us less than a million quid
Mental that when you think about it. Add in Dawson as well while you're at it, about £4m for our back three that have conceded 6 goals in the last 5 games, including games against Man City, Newcastle and Villa.

Bueno looking like an expensive (comparatively) but quality reserve for now, and Mosquera will be back from leading Cincinnati to an MLS title in January as well.

We now have solid depth in midfield as well with genuine options there again - Lemina, Gomes, Doyle, Bouba, Bellegarde, Hodge.

It would be nice if we could have the same level of quality at the top end of the pitch! An injury to Hwang or Neto is very concerning, as we can now attest to. Enso will need a year or two, plus Sarabia and Silva are clearly out of favour, as they've both struggled massively with the physicality of the league.

Bellegarde is probably our big hope for the next few games with Neto out, as he was playing in a front three and scoring goals before we signed him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti has been the sort of signing if Brighton had signed him we would've been envious, same in fact with Kilman both Premier League players signed for next to nothing.
He looks comfortable and will get better with time. His value must be well over 20m?? In which is mostly pure profit if we did want to sell at some point in time.

Same for Kilman, Hugo Bueno, Hodge, Corbeanu, Chem.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks comfortable and will get better with time. His value must be well over 20m?? In which is mostly pure profit if we did want to sell at some point in time.

Same for Kilman, Hugo Bueno, Hodge, Corbeanu, Chem.
Where is Chem Campbell now??
There were high hopes for him and weren’t Dortmund or some of the German clubs supposedly looking to sign him??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti has been the sort of signing if Brighton had signed him we would've been envious, same in fact with Kilman both Premier League players signed for next to nothing.

There are very few left-sided centre backs under the age of 25 out there.

He really could command a very high premium in the next few years.

If he continues playing for us regularly, I'd expect he might make his Portugal debut this season.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could potentially be dropped v Sheffield United?

Team who could sit back, we have no wingers/ lost a lot of pace with Neto out

Time to control the midfield?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why though? There are enforced changes further up the field, would personally keep as much stability to the rest as possible, as it’s been working.
Toti has been a big part of that. Part of the 3 in general, better aerial capability in both boxes, and pivotal in the kind of 3-4-3/4-4-2 hybrid.

Reactions: Ned

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The combined transfer cost of the CB and CM options at present should be the envy of many a side.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

The only way for me is if we abandon the 442/343 with RAN dropping back to be a proper LB and go to a flat 4 with RAN at LB and then a 433 with
Gomes-Lemina-Bellagarde
Hwang-Sasa-Cunha

Alonewolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Undefeated since Tori was recalled - surely the last player to be sacrificed as stated Neto’s absence causes problems in the forward line not in defence

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think three at the back allows us to control midfield against weaker teams as it means we can play a higher line with Kilman allowed to step up. If we go to a back two we're going to limit the ambitions of our central midfielders and the defence will sit deeper.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not getting much game time on loan at Charlton, sadly.
Hopefully he gets moved somewhere else in January. We are pretty good with our players out on loan so I expect he will be.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If someone said to me wolves needs an Elokobi type player at the back, i'd point straight at Toti.
Just a pity he went under the radar from the start of the season, he may have made a positive difference earlier in the season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another feather in the cap for the recruitment team

Toti and Kilman combined cost us less than a million quid

We've also got a leading goalscorer - Hwang - who cost significantly less than just about every other scorer in the top 10 (Bryan Mbuemo the other bargain).

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If someone said to me wolves needs an Elokobi type player at the back, i'd point straight at Toti.
Just a pity he went under the radar from the start of the season, he may have made a positive difference earlier in the season.

Not sure that Elokobi could manage that bit of skill that left 3 Newcastle players in the dust, before making a slide rule accurate defence splitting pass :D

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure that Elokobi could manage that bit of skill that left 3 Newcastle players in the dust, before making a slide rule accurate defence splitting pass :D

I think the Elokobi/Toti comparison isn't quite right, Elokobi gave his all for Wolves so does Toti, but Toti is by far the better footballer, George never looked like a Premier League footballer but he wore his heart on his shirt

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Elokobi/Toti comparison isn't quite right, Elokobi gave his all for Wolves so does Toti, but Toti is by far the better footballer, George never looked like a Premier League footballer but he wore his heart on his shirt
No I couldn't see Elokobi making the Portugal squad....I think the comparison though is just that they both give their all , as such....the type of players that every team needs ..... It's where Chelsea are going wrong at the minute....

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think three at the back allows us to control midfield against weaker teams as it means we can play a higher line with Kilman allowed to step up. If we go to a back two we're going to limit the ambitions of our central midfielders and the defence will sit deeper.

Tommy Doyle in a 2?

I just don't see the current system working without Netos pace.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tommy Doyle in a 2?

I just don't see the current system working without Netos pace.
Agree, we’d been squeaking out results with Pedro playing out of his mind so if there’s any dip in that role, and there will be no matter who you shoehorn in there, there will be no result. The system must be tweaked. We’re loaded at CM, play more of them- but leave the back line alone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom