Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

TOTI

dougandiehard

Reaction score
Does anyone know details of the injury to Toti ?

He was pictured sitting in the stands alongside Costa and Bonatelli.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. But he’s not the answer to our problems.

Unfortunately we need a major overhaul in January, a proper one though. Not just overpaying for players Mendes wants to move to the PL.

dougandiehard

Reaction score
No. But he’s not the answer to our problems.

Unfortunately we need a major overhaul in January, a proper one though. Not just overpaying for players Mendes wants to move to the PL.
It just seems strange that we are given regular updates on other injured players but not Toti.

Agreed on the overhaul but a strong right back must be a priority.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another one who has suffered injury problems since pre season. He isnt the answer anyway, in my opinion.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Troyes wanted mosquera and an italian team wanted toti on loan. Maybe dawson and 1 other could come in.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our 3 cb’s all have a lot of learning to do but their talent is unquestionably good.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't think he's far away from being ready. Terrible header for the 2nd goal even allowing for the stupidity of the offside rule. But other than that looked solid.

Would be great if he could have the 2nd half of the season on loan in the championship but don't see us signing 2 CB's to allow that to happen.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said on another thread I think he should have been given man of the match. Made more defensive actions than anyone and got a goal that should never have been ruled out.
Really like the look of him

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started off a bit ropey last night with the early foul on the edge of our box, but after that got better and better. Good to see JL trusted him to start.

The header for their second goal was unfortunate (for the hundreds of reasons already mentioned on all sports websites and forums) but he was doing what you would expect a central defender to do.

Toti didn’t know if Salah was offside or not and it was unfortunate how he headed the ball.

A season long loan at a top end Championship club would bring him on a treat. He’s 24 this month and would come back as a regular first team squad member imo.

He plays the game the right way, has plenty of energy and enthusiasm. He’s got a bit of skill as well, as proved by his backheeled ‘goal’ last night.

We got rid of Coady, Saiss, Boly and Marcal last summer. At least Toti looks good enough to replace one of them. He’s a fair bit younger than any of them as well.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kilman is a very good player but he is too quiet, and let's his head stop a bit. His confidence got seriously dented this season and he needs an experienced leader next to him.
Toti maybe isn't as good or as physically imposing but he just seems to have a bit fire about him. I think he might be my choice.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played fairly well after a ropey start. The offside rule for the Salah goal is a shambles but he defended it terribly. Made a lot of good clearances second half.

Needs a loan, should be our fourth choice at best. We’re lacking in depth in this area.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He reminds me of Saiss in style but obviously still a little inexperienced and naive
Yes, sometimes brilliant, sometimes rash, likes a tackle. Obviously a lot less nous at this point, but a lot more pace.

In terms of leadership at the back, Collins is developing nicely into that role, the doubters will slowly turn. I'm still going with Kilman for now though, Toti when we go to a 5.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Kilman was solid the other night

Highest clearances
One of the line etc

He does a lot of very good stuff very quietly
He’s no captain

But he’s a starter for me with Collins
Toti good cover and improving a lot

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did settle down as the game went on to be fair to him as he was all over the place at the start. Still think we need another centre back with experience in the squad though.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Kilman was solid the other night

Highest clearances
One of the line etc

He does a lot of very good stuff very quietly
He’s no captain

But he’s a starter for me with Collins
Toti good cover and improving a lot
Must have watched a different game to you, he was amateurish for the Villa goal, watched it many times over & no excuses for how he defended (or didn’t) for the Mings punt. He didn’t even break sweat as Ings strolled past him. He’s been poor all season. Embarrassing that he has a 21 year old next to him who is taking the senior role. Not good enough for me.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must have watched a different game to you, he was amateurish for the Villa goal, watched it many times over & no excuses for how he defended (or didn’t) for the Mings punt. He didn’t even break sweat as Ings strolled past him. He’s been poor all season. Embarrassing that he has a 21 year old next to him who is taking the senior role. Not good enough for me.
He tried to play him offside and bueno didn't step up otherwise he would have been off.
Inceidentally Collins defending for Liverpool's first is very similar.

floydstreet

Reaction score
This is what happens

Semedo playing more solid
Hwang better

So errrrm yep need to find a new couple of players to go after. Yeah Kilman who should have been playing for England last year is the latest

Sometimes we can just say someone isn’t on top form, or low on confidence rather than taking apart for a goal. Also missed was the fact he was returning from attacking so hence oit of position

That goal for villa - Kilman not great, Bueno not great and Sa not great. It happens but they are all good players and part of our squad

He’s not vocal, plenty aren’t doesn’t mean he can’t and should lead by performance rather than shouting. Ps did you see how many tackles, clearances etc he made ?. Same as Collins vs Liverpool- he was superb, aside from one moment it happens

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
This is what happens

Semedo playing more solid
Hwang better

So errrrm yep need to find a new couple of players to go after. Yeah Kilman who should have been playing for England last year is the latest

Sometimes we can just say someone isn’t on top form, or low on confidence rather than taking apart for a goal. Also missed was the fact he was returning from attacking so hence oit of position

That goal for villa - Kilman not great, Bueno not great and Sa not great. It happens but they are all good players and part of our squad

He’s not vocal, plenty aren’t doesn’t mean he can’t and should lead by performance rather than shouting. Ps did you see how many tackles, clearances etc he made ?. Same as Collins vs Liverpool- he was superb, aside from one moment it happens
Kidman is a decent player but at his age & game time he should be much better. I don’t think he’s kicked on since all the England hype & we need to upgrade (need to keep though as a good back backup).

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti is jacked in the E&S photo
2CED7PVVQ5BVBBTUR4UIAQCCRM.jpg

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Felt bad for the kid the other night, despite him being an absolute cart horse

Quite possibly the worst header of a ball I've seen in a Wolves shirt

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti is very athletic, has decent defensive attributes regarding heading/tackling etc, and worrying on the ball! Played well last night overall though and has plenty of heart

Don't think he'll ever be a top six defender as a regular, probably not top half, maybe lower end PL/top end Champ. Think he'll be a good squad player if we want to hang on to him

(But he still should have started at West Ham in the back three!)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt bad for the kid the other night, despite him being an absolute cart horse

Quite possibly the worst header of a ball I've seen in a Wolves shirt
Car horse is used to describe somebody as slow, Toti is one of our quickest players surely?

But yea, his heading is so strange. He wins the headers no problem but where they are going to end up is anybody’s guess.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kidman is a decent player but at his age & game time he should be much better. I don’t think he’s kicked on since all the England hype & we need to upgrade (need to keep though as a good back backup).
Nicole is getting on a bit now, but I'd still play with her! I'm sure I would have a game time?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't see that Kilman has the aggression required to be a top defender.

Both Collins and Toti are not as good on the ball, Toti by some way. But what they have that Kilman doesn't is aggression. They are really good with their duels, both aerially and on the ground.

I'm not sure if you can teach that aggression either. You either have it, or you don't.

Once Toti gains a bit more composure that comes with experience, Kilman could see himself get overtaken by him if he's not careful.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a very good finish. Then Salah (whose earlier goal should not have stood) applauds the VAR decision and basically says "bad luck" to Toti.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a loan to the Championship could be just what he needs.

Has all the attributes in terms of pace, strength and wants to defend but has areas of his game that need to improve, including his use of the ball.

Realistically we aren't going to loan him this season as we'd need two centre-backs to arrive but maybe next season. Could turn out to be a very good defender.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a ****in liability, has he got ants in his pants ?

Back
Top Bottom