Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

TOTI

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his best game today … but we still have a real premier league player here that cost us next to nothing.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing was atrocious today. Sold Bueno short on at least 5 occasions. However it was his first bad game in a long time.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Toti started playing for us I thought he was a solid defender but poor on the ball. He's really impressed me this season on the ball but today with the ball he was god awful and his first cheap giveaway led to their goal, hopefully just a one off and sharper next week

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a huge Toti fan so I’ll phrase this as a fan and say that today was the one genuinely poor game I can remember him having for us. He was all over the place.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His distribution was woeful today, as was Kilman's. Almost felt like the two were in a direct competition to see who could give the next goal away. Thank god for Dawson.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not his best game today … but we still have a real premier league player here that cost us next to nothing.
He really is not 'a real premier league player' as you suggest. He's ok, like all our squad (bar Neto) but the mediocrity throughout the team and the lack of leadership on the pitch is concerning. That GON has got us to 12th is amazing imo but we've spent 3 years going backwards and it will take major investment to see us getting back to where Nuno had us.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Been solid
But too slow on the ball and seems to have only two passes - roll back to Dawson or roll to left back. In this system need the defenders to bring the ball out a bit more as well

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
He really is not 'a real premier league player' as you suggest. He's ok, like all our squad (bar Neto) but the mediocrity throughout the team and the lack of leadership on the pitch is concerning. That GON has got us to 12th is amazing imo but we've spent 3 years going backwards and it will take major investment to see us getting back to where Nuno had us.
How do we pluck the next Neves & Jota without Mendes, now we moving away from the Gestifute stables

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Given he cost what £500k? I think I can forgive the odd awful game. Would be interesting to see just how close Gary thinks Santi Bueno is to getting into the team.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Toti is better when RAN plays and he is actually more of a left back?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti is what he is....you can't fault his effort , commitment, he is like a lion....but he lacks basic quality.....would say it sums up quite a few of the team...... absolutely brilliant at doing the basics but when you need that bit of quality it's just not there....it's why we struggle against the weaker teams.....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Maybe Toti is better when RAN plays and he is actually more of a left back?
He’s much better against the better teams when he has to do plenty of defending. Because Forest had so little attacking intent yesterday, Toti’s main job was in possession and to try and play passes out, which isn’t his strength.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t start me on his illegal throw ins. Only a matter of time before he is pulled up for his back foot not being planted. He makes Semedo look like a 3rd dan in the art. Something so simple.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti must be worth about 15 million these days.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti must be worth about 15 million these days.

And the rest……. £20m would be too cheap….

Can play CB, LWB and has pocketed many of the elite wingers when he was in that role.

Regular starter and consistent player in the prem

Capped by Portugal now

Also has age on his side and only going to get better

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Thought he was a bit Bambi on ice in the first half, Jed Wallace of all people went past him far too easily. He's been generally solid all session though but those stats don't tell the full picture of his game today.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was a bit Bambi on ice in the first half, Jed Wallace of all people went past him far too easily. He's been generally solid all session though but those stats don't tell the full picture of his game today.
Yeah he kept slipping first half.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti hasn’t got the speed to keep up with wide players like Jed Wallace and has been caught out a few times this season.

That’s what RAN and Doc are selected for, so let Toti play alongside Max and Dawson in central defence, where he does a great job.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he had a great game today, absolutely rose to the occasion. Best of our defenders by some distance.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Be an interesting stat, headers made that had some kind of positive outcome - 3 duels won doesn't cover it.

I just think we're defending so well as a central 3 plus Sa, back 4/5 and as a team that it's sometimes difficult, in a good way, to judge personal performances - and yesterday's game, by its nature, was so messy.

Toti is really good. A fantastic example of what's possible and you don't need a fortune to acquire good class Prem players.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Santiago deserves a run, to be honest. We know what we're getting with Toti and it's a bit up and down, in truth.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s our fastest defender

He should have stayed on instead of kilman
Fastest defender. Are you serious!

I think he is being sussed out for his lack of speed. Any ball over the top of our back 3 and he is struggling.

I am a fan of Toti, but I do think he has been struggling recently.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti is definitely our fastest CB. He caught up to Garnacho today and the others aren’t doing that.

I like Toti but he needs RAN more than Algeria does. Sa bailed him out of his worst moment.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking shakier by the week for me. Didn’t help that Doherty had a mare and went walkies for most of the time he was on.

Looks a different player with RAN on the pitch….. as does the whole team.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Looking shakier by the week for me. Didn’t help that Doherty had a mare and went walkies for most of the time he was on.

Looks a different player with RAN on the pitch….. as does the whole team.
It’s all to do with balance, we completely lose it with Doherty at LWB.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fastest defender. Are you serious!

I think he is being sussed out for his lack of speed. Any ball over the top of our back 3 and he is struggling.

I am a fan of Toti, but I do think he has been struggling recently.

I'm not his biggest fan but he is a quick lad. Probably the only attribute at the moment that's keeping him in the team.

Back
Top Bottom