Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time for Chelsea tickets?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Yeah approx 2600 more but seats in other areas became unsellable (JL1 thats they actually took out, a lot of the block closest in the family enc and seats in the upper quadrant that will only ever have a view of the pitch once the Steve Bull roof is down). Thats what makes it closer to 1500 overall difference.
Very true wolvesultra.

The sooner a new Steve Bull stand is built the better.

It would solve a lot of issues.. some of which you have mentioned.

W

wolvesultra

Very true wolvesultra.

The sooner a new Steve Bull stand is built the better.

It would solve a lot of issues.. some of which you have mentioned.

It will to an extent but I just think it'll increase a lot of the problems we associate with the new northbank. More silly corporate areas, more detached areas (upper to lower) and more empty seats!

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Punpking but their explanation to you doesn't add up to me. Aren't such certificates issued by the local council? Why would the local council work to the football season as a timetable?

Me thinks someone at the clubs telling porkies. Might be one for the fans parliament to get a definitive answer.

It came from someone very trustworthy at the club and who would have no reason to mislead pal. I'd be very surprised if this was not the true situation as it stands.
The sooner the South Bank incorporates this temporary stand area and more, into a permanent huge stand the better in my view though.

W

wolvesultra

It came from someone very trustworthy at the club and who would have no reason to mislead pal. I'd be very surprised if this was not the true situation as it stands.
The sooner the South Bank incorporates this temporary stand area and more, into a permanent huge stand the better in my view though.

Not doubting the person who told you was passing on what they were told but somewhere it doesn't add up.

Not sure we need any increase in capacity at all at present to be honest. How often does the Southbank sell out with a week or more left before the game, I can think of Blues all season?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Wolves put more effort into not selling seats than trying to get more fans in to see the game
****ing ridiculous

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds a bit strange that the club can't get a safety certificate for the temporary stand.

I'm sure other clubs have gained safety certificates for closed / temporary stands during the season.

Maybe it needs too much work on it to get it up to standard?
They can't be *****, typical of the mentality at the place

Sideshow Bob

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds a bit strange that the club can't get a safety certificate for the temporary stand.

I'm sure other clubs have gained safety certificates for closed / temporary stands during the season.

Maybe it needs too much work on it to get it up to standard?
It's just the seats though. If I recall the stand had a different entrance, separate toilet and catering facilities to the rest of the South Bank. Not sure if these are still in place, but I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 4257

To open up temp stand alot for the club to spend and organise for a one off game. I'd understand if we were selling out week in week out but we obviously aren't.
The way we are going on about this game is making us sound tinpot.
Come on you Wolves.

W

wolvesultra

It's just the seats though. If I recall the stand had a different entrance, separate toilet and catering facilities to the rest of the South Bank. Not sure if these are still in place, but I doubt it.

no different entrance you entered via the Southbank turnstile that end they just used barriers to split it from the others. The toilet block was a kind of semi permanent structure I'd expect to still there, if not like with the food drink kiosk would be easy enough to bring in only like what u see put on building sites all the time.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Chelsea at Burnley and trying to find some encouragement

David Luiz looks injured

They concede a lot of possession and wait for their moments. Actually think Bright should play

We need to show burnleys phenomenal intensity levels

Who am I kidding

W

WasStefan

The turnaround in David Luiz performances is unreal. He used to be a clown. No he is a world beater with pace and can play out from the back.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The turnaround in David Luiz performances is unreal. He used to be a clown. No he is a world beater with pace and can play out from the back.

Agreed. He'll be close to their POTS

But reckon they'll rest him v us. Knee heavily strapped

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will to an extent but I just think it'll increase a lot of the problems we associate with the new northbank. More silly corporate areas, more detached areas (upper to lower) and more empty seats!
Not doubting the person who told you was passing on what they were told but somewhere it doesn't add up.

Not sure we need any increase in capacity at all at present to be honest. How often does the Southbank sell out with a week or more left before the game, I can think of Blues all season?

They can't be *****, typical of the mentality at the place

If you're not being ironic, then I think maybe you've not noticed what has been happening over the last month or so.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
If Chelsea have been allocated 4,600 then surely that means no Steve Bull netting?
Good point TF.

I was wondering where the extra 400 on top of the 4,200 Newcastle brought, were going to sit.

R

reanswolf

The divide space between the NB and Toon fans in the Quadrant was about 5-10 seats each row, it varied - all the way down the 50 rows of seats (25 rows in each tier). So that amounts to about 300-400 seats in the divide overall.

In theory, they should be the only empty seats in Molineux for the game.

What is the true capacity? 30,800? 30,600? 30,400? Does this take account of the small block no longer used in the lower tier of the Steve Bull stand at the North Bank end?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Capacity is 30,852.

Take 400 netted seats off in the North Bank and 100 off in the family enclosure, 30,352.

So we should hit 30,000.

R

reanswolf

Capacity is 30,852.

Take 400 netted seats off in the North Bank and 100 off in the family enclosure, 30,352.

So we should hit 30,000.

If its 200 off in the BW family enclosure, it could be close. Are there any off in the lower tier of the Steve Bull at the NB end as well?

R

reanswolf

Wolves Twitter says "WON'T QUITE REACH QUOTED CAPACITY AS A NUMBER OF SEATS ARE NOT ABLE TO BE SOLD, BUT SHOULD BE CLOSE TO GETTING 30,000 HOPEFULLY."

I would have thought there is no doubt we will be close to 30,000, but will we hit it? Are they saying we can't hit 30,000? Its a bit ambiguous. They should already know how many tickets have been sold.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If its 200 off in the BW family enclosure, it could be close. Are there any off in the lower tier of the Steve Bull at the NB end as well?

Possibly in the upper quadrant due to the Steve Bull roof.

Steve Bull lower netting appears to have been removed if Chelsea have been given 4,600.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the team they played vs Brentford in the last round... not sure on formation as I didn't watch it.

Begovic

Azpilicueta
Zouma
Terry
Ake

Chalobah
Fabregas
Loftus-Cheek

Pedro
Willian
Batshuayi

W

WasStefan

Batsh will give Danny nightmares. Guys a beast. Danny struggles against anyone taller than 5ft11.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Batsh will give Danny nightmares. Guys a beast

Don't think Danny will play but he'll give anyone trouble really. Agree he is superb and the fact he can only get a game in the cup just shows Chelsea's strength.

Presuming Hazard will be on the bench for emergency purposes only, but if he plays I dread to think!

W

WasStefan

Don't think Danny will play but he'll give anyone trouble really. Agree he is superb and the fact he can only get a game in the cup just shows Chelsea's strength.

Presuming Hazard will be on the bench for emergency purposes only, but if he plays I dread to think!
Kante is the one i fear. Guys a beast

D

Deleted member 4257

Looking at the team they played vs Brentford in the last round... not sure on formation as I didn't watch it.

Begovic

Azpilicueta
Zouma
Terry
Ake

Chalobah
Fabregas
Loftus-Cheek

Pedro
Willian
Batshuayi

I'm only just getting over Fabregas' performances against us at Highbury. He must've been only 17 but ran riot.

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone know the last time that Wolves sold out for a home FA Cup game?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Batth vs any Chelsea attacker gives me nightmares.

M

Mr Wolf

No idea why we'd want to open the temp stand for one game, more hassle than it's worth really. It's a 5th round FA Cup tie not a playoff semi or a trophy getting lifted.

I'm sure everyone who wanted one deserving one got a ticket.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea why we'd want to open the temp stand for one game, more hassle than it's worth really. It's a 5th round FA Cup tie not a playoff semi or a trophy getting lifted.

I'm sure everyone who wanted one deserving one got a ticket.

Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom