Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do have form for exiting talks when the price is too high, they’re not Yanited.
But if they were earmarking £80m for Paqueta, then no reason they can’t pay 60 for Nunes.
Doesn’t sound unreasonable.

Now of course, they’ll use (or have already been using) all the dirty tricks possible (like media manipulation) knowing we’re skint, have a shopping list, a tight deadline, and a wantaway player.
Don’t mind Nunes wanting City, but going on strike makes you a bell-end.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many do you think we will get over the line if Nunes stays, I think Bueno, Gonzalez and a striker not linked yet. If Nunes goes I reckon a couple more

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
For us to start spending, you'd imagine we're confident of getting what we want from City for Nunes.
Let's bolster the squad and get ready for Palace

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For us to start spending, you'd imagine we're confident of getting what we want from City for Nunes.
Let's bolster the squad and get ready for Palace
I'm starting to wonder if a big issue with Lopetegui and Hobbs were that they like very different players.

It was always rumoured we'd get some players in closer to the deadline and here we go.

If we cross the CB Bueno off, as well as Gonzales, we just need a midfielder in (especially with the Hodge injury) and we should be solid. Especially with Sasa looking good.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if a big issue with Lopetegui and Hobbs were that they like very different players.

It was always rumoured we'd get some players in closer to the deadline and here we go.

If we cross the CB Bueno off, as well as Gonzales, we just need a midfielder in (especially with the Hodge injury) and we should be solid. Especially with Sasa looking good.
I think Lopeteguis main problem was that it wasn't happening sooner. And we'd already made so much money with player departures.
Also got the feeling he always felt we were beneath him.

I'm just glad that signings are close to being made. Really want a fresh, healthy looking squad come September.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Blackburn forums saying we've bid £15m for Adam Wharton. That's a lot of wonga for a 19 year old with 22 appearances at Championship level.

He has a fantastic first touch, and can pick a good forward pass. Would be a very interesting signing. Ironically a player Lopetegui could have done a lot with.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were no issues between Lopetegui and Hobbs. The relationship breakdown was between Lopetegui and Shi/Fosun.
There were no relationship issues, I know. They got along. Doesn't mean they saw anywhere close to eye to eye on players, ie; Collins.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
3 days to go, maybe now is the time to get strapped in, sounds like it could be a fun couple of days!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Linked (loosely) with Baleba at Brighton over on the BBC this morning.

IMG_1981.jpeg

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celtic signing Kvistgaarden from my local team Brondby is an interesting one.
He's loved here being a local boy, hardworking and fast, but he's not exactly outgrown the league.
His first touch is poor and he misses too many chances.
Will be interesting to see if steps up.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno seems to have been his breakout season last year. Played 34 La Liga games. Less experienced than Elvedi. Another tall bloke 190cm but also light at 75kg. He’s also left sided which means we have 3 left sided/footed centre backs and one right.

Has had a hamstring injury and a knee injury already.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Bueno seems to have been his breakout season last year. Played 34 La Liga games. Less experienced than Elvedi. Another tall bloke 190cm but also light at 75kg. He’s also left sided which means we have 3 left sided/footed centre backs and one right.

Has had a hamstring injury and a knee injury already.
Watching the video he looks right sided?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the video he looks right sided?
I believe so. Gives us options on both sides, though ideally I'd still like another centre half to give us depth if we go three at the back: not sure goal machine Doherty's the answer once we get past League One opposition.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that with the Hodge injury, we now need 2 CM's and a Striker to finish it off.

Either of the lads from Strasbourg would be good signings. No idea about a Striker acquisition though, seems the Iheanacho move isn't materialising (yet).

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put the pampers back in the cupboard.

The panic is over

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reported on Sky Sports

Bueno set for Wolves medical​

It's set to be a busy day at Wolves...
Girona defender Santiago Bueno will have his medical at Molineux today, after the club agreed a deal worth £10m for the Uruguayan international.
Bueno is yet to feature for Girona this season, but made 36 appearances for the Spanish side last term.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reported on Sky Sports

Bueno set for Wolves medical​

It's set to be a busy day at Wolves...
Girona defender Santiago Bueno will have his medical at Molineux today, after the club agreed a deal worth £10m for the Uruguayan international.
Bueno is yet to feature for Girona this season, but made 36 appearances for the Spanish side last term.
wonder why he hasn’t featured yet?

Back
Top Bottom