Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or Bueno is better suited to a higher line of defence, which he would appear to be anyway
Looking at stats on Sofascore Bueno and Elvedi score similarly so it may be down to pace and a preference for a high line. Kilman score similarly to Elvedi and Bueno whilst Collins scores higher on the defending and tackling stats and lower on attacking, creativity and technical aspects.

My only thought is that playing for Girona he’ll probably been more used to defending and will have honed his technique more than say a Vallejo or even Semedo who were used to playing for teams that mainly attacked.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at stats on Sofascore Bueno and Elvedi score similarly so it may be down to pace and a preference for a high line. Kilman score similarly to Elvedi and Bueno whilst Collins scores higher on the defending and tackling stats and lower on attacking, creativity and technical aspects.

My only thought is that playing for Girona he’ll probably been more used to defending and will have honed his technique more than say a Vallejo or even Semedo who were used to playing for teams that mainly attacked.
fascinating. i always saw collins as shaky defensively. unsure on the ball, with at least one howler of a pass per game. a bit like early Joh Stones

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
fascinating. i always saw collins as shaky defensively. unsure on the ball, with at least one howler of a pass per game. a bit like early Joh Stones
Couldn’t agree more. I was really disappointed with Collins on the ball and whilst he did make a lot of tackles it was partly down to port play on his part in the first place.

I think we’re going for Bueno over Elvedi as the latter already has 40+ Swiss caps and therefore his value is unlikely to increase as much as a player who has just broken into the Uruguayan team. Traditionally Uruguay have had strong no compromise defenders so it’ll be interesting if he is one of those.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live near the Leyton Orient ground and pop across to watch them from time to time. Remember being really impressed with him the season they got relegated to the conference. Looked a class above and had a feeling he'd go on to be a premier league player.
Why didn't you inform our scouts then if you were aware of him? Could have saved us a small fortune if we go for him.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Strange that we’re signing players despite no Nunes sale.

A Hobb’s cunning plan or have Fosun woke up and smelt the coffee ?

I actually think Fosun don’t have a plan and they’re making it up as they go along.
Or the posturing in the media allows us to say we haven't sold Nunes. We give narrative that we are still skint and deals done more cheaply. That would suggest there is a plan. The girona ch suggests a favour from city group. We will only know in next couple of days!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I actually think Fosun don’t have a plan and they’re making it up as they go along.

Once we've got two or three actually signed, we'll accept whatever City's latest off was/is. If we're spending cash, he's gone.

Bueno is much needed as CB competition, Enso looks promising, but we'll need a starting XI midfielder/wide forward to replace Nunes.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There

I think the only guy that said we're skint is Lopetegui. If we have had no plan it could be because he has done a runner.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Upto c11 pages/day right now and have three deals currently on the anvil, three days to go could see this thread breach the 800 page mark.

First transfer in announcement I reckon at page 732 and Nunes deal confirmed 739.

40 plus pages on Friday is my prediction

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Upto c11 pages/day right now and have three deals currently on the anvil, three days to go could see this thread breach the 800 page mark.

First transfer in announcement I reckon at page 732 and Nunes deal confirmed 739.

Thank you page sage. ;)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ansu Fati heading to Spurs on loan according to Fabrizo apparently.

Thought that might have been part of the carousel to get Nunes to City and Cancelo to Barcelona tbh.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"On the anvil" - love it. Might take over from "swoop" and "pounce" as my favourite transfer window expression.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or maybe they wanted rid of Lopetegui ( for reasons unknown) and the no money strategy was a deliberate ploy to hack him off and the cheapest way to see him out?
In which case , as a plan , it worked.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
"On the anvil" - love it. Might take over from "swoop" and "pounce" as my favourite transfer window expression.
been using it for years, then saw your response and thought crossed my mind, have I got it wrong all this time so did the natural thing and googled it:

on the anvil. (idiomatic) In a state of discussion, formation, or preparation; not yet matured

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Outstanding OCD post, sir.
Love it!

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
There
I think the only guy that said we're skint is Lopetegui. If we have had no plan it could be because he has done a runner.

So did I and a few others here. I believe Fosun have stopped putting money in, the club has to be self sufficient. I make it 19 players (19!) and a bloated expensive management team off annual the wage bill. Even allowing for a new management team coming in that must be around a £30+ million pa saving. I think FFP is contained even without Nunes going, but I think he will, and this will allow four players in before Friday night.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So did I and a few others here. I believe Fosun have stopped putting money in, the club has to be self sufficient. I make it 19 players (19!) and a bloated expensive management team off annual the wage bill. Even allowing for a new management team coming in that must be around a £30+ million pa saving. I think FFP is contained even without Nunes going, but I think he will, and this will allow four players in before Friday night.
I think the Collins money would easily cover the guy from Girona and the kid from Paraguay.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is strange and confusing. O'Neil did say that some new incomings were not dependent on further outgoing sales as I remember it. But who believed that? Main thing is getting this CB position sorted wih Santiago. The 18 year old Paraguayan winger is for the future. If Nunes does go then at least one midfielder needed (Wharton?) and then there are the rumours about Ihenacho. McAtee I doubt as simply on loan what is the point of us developing him for City? Doyle more likely if he is a better bet than the two Strasbourg midfielders/Wharton mentioned recently. Have Fosun woken up or is it that the Nunes deal is actually going through and will finance any such moves?

Back
Top Bottom