Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I know it's unbelievably early to start this thread but someone had to :)

Anyway I was looking through SanFran's January 2023 Summary and got me thinking about how many on that list are Summer targets. Shamlessy cut n pasted his table and have edited it to come up with my list of probables:

StatusPositionNameTeamDateStatisticsVideo
OpenGoalkeeperYassine BounouSevilla05/12/22AnalysisVideo
OpenDefenderDavid GarciaOsasuna06/12/22AnalysisVideo
OpenDefenderAraon Wan-BissakaMan Utd16/12/22AnalysisVideo
OpenDefenderIvan FresnedaValladolid22/12/22AnalysisVideo
OpenMidfielderAlex ScottBristol City30/12/22AnalysisVideo
OpenMidfielderManuel UgarteSporting CP03/01/22AnalysisVideo

Last edited by a moderator:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever league we end up in

Moutinho, Neves, Nunes, Traore, Jonny, Raul, Guedes, Semedo, Costa, Ait-Nouri will be likely to leave in my opinion

So if we get relegated you could probably count on one hand how many players that would stay.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming we stay up, this is going to be a huge summer – but let’s be positive. Remember that most of the team JL won the Europa League with were in their first season at Sevilla.

Of the current first team squad I can see 10 players leaving. Sa, Jonny, Semedo, Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, RAN, Raul, Adama and Diego Costa.

What’s that bring in? Somewhere north of £120m, which is a decent start.

Then you have players like Mosquera and Hwang who could go, and I’d suspect a bid of £40m may also be enough to prise Kilman away.

So a massive rebuilding job and a really exciting window.

One question that does concern me. Who will be captain next year? We’ve signed Ballon Dawson and Dan Bentley supposedly as leaders, but neither are guaranteed starters.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the greatest interest will be in who moves away from Wolves, I will go for Adama, Raul, Costa, Jonny, Guedes, Moutinho and less sure about RAN, Semedo, Sarkic, Sa, Neves, Podence, Hwang.
I think Julen will want to finish his overall and I suspect we will need to move players out to enable him to do that, but we will possibly also need to bring in a bit of money to stay within FFP.

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I want for Christmas (summer window) is:

Ramos for Jimenez
Moleiro for Hwang
Pino for Kalajdic
Inacio for Dawson
Scott for Moutinho
Costa for Jose Sa
Fresneda for Semedo and Jonny
A bag of jelly tots for Traore and Costa

Also... bring back Bolla and Giles.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I want for Christmas (summer window) is:

Ramos for Jimenez
Moleiro for Hwang
Pino for Kalajdic
Inacio for Dawson
Scott for Moutinho
Costa for Jose Sa
Fresneda for Semedo and Jonny
A bag of jelly tots for Traore and Costa

Also... bring back Bolla and Giles.
Bring back Bolla???....he has never been here.....will never play for us......like the rest though.....

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Park the thread until we know if we’re going to the Tottenham toilet seat or the Birmingham **** hole.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, if we stay in the PL, the first five to go are clear- Adama, Costa and Moutinho who are out of contract and Jonny and Raul who are shadows of their former selves. Interestingly though, Adama is covered by Chiquinho whilst Costa and Raul are covered by Fabio and Kalajdzic. Therefore, I would expect a CM to replace Moutinho and RB to replace Jonny to be the first signings.

After those it is about money. Do we get offered money for Neves? No-one offered money for Tielemans this year- I could see us in the same situation. Nunes and RAN we will need to see some very big numbers on the table, I would think. Semedo, Hwang and Sa might be considered replaceable but I think the Club would expect to at least receive money to cover the rest of their amortised outlay (approx £14mill for Semedo, £9mill for Hwang and £5mill for Sa).

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to get relegated, clearly all bets would be off. I think the release list would be something like; Sa, Jonny, Semedo, RAN, Nunes, Neves, Moutinho, Podence, Neto, Traore, Sarabia, Cunha, Costa, Raul. We would have to take what we are given but would still raise a decent whack and save a lot on wages.

Personally, I think the squad still looks good enough to challenge though and we would surely make some complementary signings.

View attachment 32936
Sorry, but that looks like a B team.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of considering a team for next year if we did go down, but you'd certainly need to factor in Julen probably not being here, and Fosun possibly losing interest.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we stay up, this is going to be a huge summer – but let’s be positive. Remember that most of the team JL won the Europa League with were in their first season at Sevilla.

Of the current first team squad I can see 10 players leaving. Sa, Jonny, Semedo, Neves, Nunes, Moutinho, RAN, Raul, Adama and Diego Costa.

What’s that bring in? Somewhere north of £120m, which is a decent start.

Then you have players like Mosquera and Hwang who could go, and I’d suspect a bid of £40m may also be enough to prise Kilman away.

So a massive rebuilding job and a really exciting window.

One question that does concern me. Who will be captain next year? We’ve signed Ballon Dawson and Dan Bentley supposedly as leaders, but neither are guaranteed starters.

Why would Sa leave?

Plus generally clubs don't normally do major clear outs, unless relegation of course.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Sportswitness;

Atletico Madrid have "set their sights" on signing Wolverhampton Wanderers' Spanish defender Hugo Bueno, 20.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would people want, £20m+?

I think that would be a good fee at this stage of his career but its a risk either way. We sell him and he kicks on, its not a big fee. If he doesnt really develop, then we are left with a situation like with Adama where we dont sell a player at the time we can get the most for him. Me personally, i'd like us to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom