Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may be interested, but Schira is another fake journo.
He's real, but isn't the most credible... The only thing I've ever seen him exclusively break news on & be correct about was Mosquera signing for us a couple of summers ago.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange that we’re signing players despite no Nunes sale.

A Hobb’s cunning plan or have Fosun woke up and smelt the coffee ?

I actually think Fosun don’t have a plan and they’re making it up as they go along.
I honestly think Matt Hobbs is able to have a small bit of influence because he has a better football brain than sellers and fosun I imagine would want facts, figures and high levels of clear expert knowledge. All things I have heard Hobbs shows in abundance.

So it is possible he explained that if we are selling nunes for good money we need to do some of the transfer activity now before we get the added “you have the money from that player transfer” tax which means we don’t benefit as much as we could have done from the sale, keeping more money in the club, which is massive for the owners right now.

Shrewd moves being made, I think nunes is gone or very close to gone and they are being proactive which Hobbs has always shown he wants to be.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think Matt Hobbs is able to have a small bit of influence because he has a better football brain than sellers and fosun I imagine would want facts, figures and high levels of clear expert knowledge. All things I have heard Hobbs shows in abundance.

So it is possible he explained that if we are selling nunes for good money we need to do some of the transfer activity now before we get the added “you have the money from that player transfer” tax which means we don’t benefit as much as we could have done from the sale, keeping more money in the club, which is massive for the owners right now.

Shrewd moves being made, I think nunes is gone or very close to gone and they are being proactive which Hobbs has always shown he wants to be.
Hope you are right. The club need to be super active today and tomorrow to make some of these deals happen ahead of the sudden sale of Nunes, should that happen. Santiago for me is the key signing and fills a big gap. Hopefully more to come beyond the Paraguayan kid who is for the future. If we sign say, four decent players without Nunes going, does that mean the 'project' is suddenly back on?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you are right. The club need to be super active today and tomorrow to make some of these deals happen ahead of the sudden sale of Nunes, should that happen. Santiago for me is the key signing and fills a big gap. Hopefully more to come beyond the Paraguayan kid who is for the future.
Based on what I have heard about Hobbs and his work this summer to get players out, compared the horror stories I heard when sellers was in post from mates and contacts at other clubs.

It is night and day I have been told! I think this is another reason that is being ignored as to the step back from mendes. As Hobbs has probably and finally given the higher ups the faith that they can do a good job with the money!

wyrley wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Without knowing too much about all three Diarra Wharton Mcatee - if we get 2 of these which 2 would fit into our squad? Maybe add in a Origi or Batshuayi up front would be nice

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without knowing too much about all three Diarra Wharton Mcatee - if we get 2 of these which 2 would fit into our squad? Maybe add in a Origi or Batshuayi up front would be nice
McAtee would be a huge boost as an attacking midfielder or potential winger but Pep will only agree to a loan at best it seems. The Wharton You Tube excerpts are impressive. Diarra no idea except a lot of clubs seem to be interested. Would be quite expensive at around £20m or so. We need an option to buy at the very least on McAtee imv otherwise either of the other two would definitely boost our options if brought in on a long contract.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McAtee would be a huge boost as an attacking midfielder or potential winger but Pep will only agree to a loan at best it seems. The Wharton You Tube excerpts are impressive. Diarra no idea except a lot of clubs seem to be interested. Would be quite expensive at around £20m or so. We need an option to buy at the very least on McAtee imv otherwise either of the other two would definitely boost our options if brought in on a long contract.
Hedges goal last week for blackburn something else 'Smash and grab for Blackburn!' | Ryan Hedges' classy finish makes it 1-0!

Wharton I don’t know much about. But they do have some good young British players at the rovers

McAtee would be awesome but why should we develop Citeh players? 60m and let us walk away

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The link to midfielders is interesting seeing as we are allegedly looking at 2 from City as part of the Nunes deal.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The link to midfielders is interesting seeing as we are allegedly looking at 2 from City as part of the Nunes deal.
Gomes and lemina are getting almost matching cards each week, we could be in the situation where both are banned in the same week or even one banned one week and the other the next based on current games.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe they wanted rid of Lopetegui ( for reasons unknown) and the no money strategy was a deliberate ploy to hack him off and the cheapest way to see him out?
In which case , as a plan , it worked.
That's exactly how I see it. They brought him in to save us from relegation, realised that this paying an elite manager and large backroom team isn't really for them, so they did everything they could to engineer his exit (and couldn't handle it when he called them out)

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enso arriving at BHX.

F4xvzMAWIAAYBu4

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't know much about Diarra, but his statistical profile certainly looks a bit Nunes-y. Quite young though, but if that rumour is even remotely correct I guess Nunes is off

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like diarra as Palmer been linked with Chelsea hence city have pushed up bid to where we want.

Midfield options always a priority after Bueno at cb

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
French outfit saying Nunes accepted, and we are after a player at a French club as his replacement.

Hmmmm.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mcatee Doyle are both liked I don't know where we stand as of yet but more likely Doyle than mcatee

dnf14

Reaction score
Sheffield United are leading the chase to sign Manchester City midfielder James McAtee on loan, sources have told Football Insider.

McAtee, 20, spent a successful season on loan at Sheffield United last season playing a key role in their promotion to the Premier League and the Blades are keen to bring the creative midfielder back to Bramall Lane for a second spell.

The likes of Wolves, Leicester and Ajax have all been linked with McAtee.

But Sheffield United are hoping the experience he had with the club last season and how he developed will give them the edge in persuading the player and City that a move back to Yorkshire is the best thing for all parties involved.
Highlighted the most important part to save poor souls giving those clickbait merchants a ha'penny of ad revenue.

Back
Top Bottom