Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fact they haven’t even made a second bid is what gets me about the Nunes strike. They’ve only bid once!
They've 'officially' bid once, you can guarantee they'll be in in discussions.

Mendes will need to justify his fee somehow.

If they don't come in for a second, Nunes will look a right prat.

I hope they don't just to see him ****ing grovel his way back into playing football.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it isn't that likely but we could be using funds we generated from earlier in the transfer window?

We couldn't stretch for Elvedi using those funds before, but are now looking at splashing ~25M in the last few days of the window.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've 'officially' bid once, you can guarantee they'll be in in discussions.

Mendes will need to justify his fee somehow.

If they don't come in for a second, Nunes will look a right prat.

I hope they don't just to see him ****ing grovel his way back into playing football.
I hope we don’t cave in, and get the full price - and I’d make them sweat right to the last minute.

If it falls through, actually wouldn’t mind. Just to see the absolute prat have to grovel.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit of news coming out of Molineux this evening. Goncalo Guedes has made a loan move to Benfica for the 2023/24 season.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nixon saying we're after Blackburn's Adam Wharton now. Central midfielder, rated at around £15m but should be available for less.
I watched quite a few Blackburn games at the back end of last season and was impressed by their squad as a whole. In fact if GON doesn't make it, I'd happily see Jon Dahl Tomasson take over.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
As a club I think we’re finding a balance again. We were never going to be a Champions League contender quite so quickly. Building gradually and strategically with players that don’t break the bank is a philosophy I feel more comfortable with.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a club I think we’re finding a balance again. We were never going to be a Champions League contender quite so quickly. Building gradually and strategically with players that don’t break the bank is a philosophy I feel more comfortable with.
Also more importantly, targeting players that actually want to be here. Less Nunes and Guedes types.

My concern with Man City offering us Doyle and McAtee, I don't like the idea of taking players that view us as a downgrade. Especially McAtee who'd probably only be available on a loan without a buy option, or with one of those ridiculous buyback options that Man City love to add when selling their youth players.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
I would have thought that the debt would be on the books for this year though, deferring helps the cash position but not the P&L?
Correct - the amortisation of his contract (player registration) plus wages etc will hit this years P&L so relevant for the 3 year rolling FFP calcs. The deferred payment will just sit on their balance sheet.

Back
Top Bottom