Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think our forward options are terrible, but I'm saying that assuming Neto can get back to the level he showed pre-injury (he looks electric in the U21's) and Cunha continuing to improve. I think Sarabia will improve as he adapts. Hwang was one of our better options at the end of the season and Julen clearly loves what he brings. Chiquinho being fully fit is a big plus too.

I think what we really lack is the glue that holds it all together - a centre forward that can play with their back to goal and bring the best out of the above players. Sasa might be that man, but you simply cannot pin your hopes to a striker that has had two ACL injuries, and a multitude of other injuries. I wanted Gyokeres but that wasn't to be, maybe we can find a way to help Sevilla out by taking En-Nesyri off their hands, or get Taremi...

Moussa Dembele would be brilliant too I feel.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't never fussed about Jaime it's a massive step up from familacao to the premier league.....another gamble we probably don't need at the minute....

If we are going to gamble...gamble big on Alex Scott....

Hopefully Porto are signing Jaime cause we've give um a bit of dosh for Taremi....

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Wasn't never fussed about Jaime it's a massive step up from familacao to the premier league.....another gamble we probably don't need at the minute....

If we are going to gamble...gamble big on Alex Scott....

Hopefully Porto are signing Jaime cause we've give um a bit of dosh for Taremi....
I don't think our forward options are terrible, but I'm saying that assuming Neto can get back to the level he showed pre-injury (he looks electric in the U21's) and Cunha continuing to improve. I think Sarabia will improve as he adapts. Hwang was one of our better options at the end of the season and Julen clearly loves what he brings. Chiquinho being fully fit is a big plus too.

I think what we really lack is the glue that holds it all together - a centre forward that can play with their back to goal and bring the best out of the above players. Sasa might be that man, but you simply cannot pin your hopes to a striker that has had two ACL injuries, and a multitude of other injuries. I wanted Gyokeres but that wasn't to be, maybe we can find a way to help Sevilla out by taking En-Nesyri off their hands, or get Taremi...

Moussa Dembele would be brilliant too I feel.
With or without Fabio, I think acquiring a quality, experienced striker addresses our biggest need - would take either one of them without thinking about it. Would like another attacking midfielder, but it's not as important in my mind because we have 2-3 second strikers in the team already (Fabio, Cunha, and Hwang) and Matheus can probably play as the higher CM in a 4-3-3 as well. A good, mobile number 9 is what we lack.

CF-CB-RB are the most pressing needs...then CM-GK (if Sa goes)-LB (if RAN goes). If Julen mainly persists with inside forwards, then we have enough players for this role, even if Podence leaves - Neto, Sarabia, Hwang, Chiquinho, Fabio, and even Giles could cover these two positions ably.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alban Lafont (last season of contract 10m)
Djiku (free)
Mavropanos (€15m)
Baku (€12m)
Menino (€10m)
George Hall (10m)
Mendy (€4m)

These are the type of players we might be looking at

Big change from the

Guedes 28m
Nunes 38m
Collins 20m

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People need to remember we need to wheel and deal. If we sell Kilman for 30 million, we aren't replacing him with a 30 million player. We need to replace him with a cheaper player who can do the same job.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As @NothingButNeto said - 'Don't shoot the messenger...'

Given your username, shouldn't it be "Don't eat the messenger"? ;)

Well, we've reached 10,000 posts on here. The international window is now open and I can feel some movement is about to happen, although that might just be last night's curry...

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is a Rolls Royce of a Centre Half, calm, assured, reads the game well, strong in the air, times his tackles and interceptions, left footed, passes the ball well. Of course every player has their price, but I wouldn’t let him go for less than £50m and I still think it would be a gamble, what’s the cost of relegation?

Surely Neves and Collins sort the FFP issue and there are plenty of players to go before MK.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is a Rolls Royce of a Centre Half, calm, assured, reads the game well, strong in the air, times his tackles and interceptions, left footed, passes the ball well. Of course every player has their price, but I wouldn’t let him go for less than £50m and I still think it would be a gamble, what’s the cost of relegation?

Surely Neves and Collins sort the FFP issue and there are plenty of players to go before MK.
QB I wish the product matched the description, for me some games he has looked exactly as you have written, but last season without Coady to hold his hand at times looked lost. Without doubt the ability and physical strength is there, he just seams to lack the self belief and almost arrogance needed to take control, maybe another season with Dawson could make all the difference to him and us.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
QB I wish the product matched the description, for me some games he has looked exactly as you have written, but last season without Coady to hold his hand at times looked lost. Without doubt the ability and physical strength is there, he just seams to lack the self belief and almost arrogance needed to take control, maybe another season with Dawson could make all the difference to him and us.
Coady must have long arms, but agree he looked much better alongside the experienced Dawson.

Any manager worth his salt, knows you start from the back and JL is no exception. The foundation of our survival was the clean sheets at home and the performances of the centre halves, would be a big bold move to dismantle that.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel like some of you want to sell off the whole squad reading this thread, Collins and Kilman going in the same window would be lunacy, especially with Coady going as well, we'll have no homegrown players left at this rate

At certain points last season, I wouldn’t have cared if that’s exactly what we did

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsuccessful ones that maybe didn’t go far enough. You can count on one hand the number of players that have consistently performed for us the past couple of years, Neves was head an shoulders above and then a few others have been decent with purple patches.

I’d say any of our players could reasonably go at the right price, including some of our 8 wingers.
Unsuccessful ones that went too far in my opinion. Over time we have thrown out everything that was good in the side. That Brighton performance was mostly newbies. It is roughly half the players we bought in over the last 12 months that need to be first out the door.
Kilman has been our best defender for the past 3 seasons. I would argue he is the one player we should be keeping hold off.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady must have long arms, but agree he looked much better alongside the experienced Dawson.

Any manager worth his salt, knows you start from the back and JL is no exception. The foundation of our survival was the clean sheets at home and the performances of the centre halves, would be a big bold move to dismantle that.
I agree keep Kilman, better to come from him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alban Lafont (last season of contract 10m)
Djiku (free)
Mavropanos (€15m)
Baku (€12m)
Menino (€10m)
George Hall (10m)
Mendy (€4m)

These are the type of players we might be looking at

Big change from the

Guedes 28m
Nunes 38m
Collins 20m
Which 6 foreigners are you getting rid of to bring 6 in....none of the above are making us stronger from the position we are in today......After selling Collins neves coady I would argue FFP isn't a problem...

We will make 3-4 additions I reckon they will need to be of a lot higher quality than the players you have mentioned...

We don't need to dum down to that level.....might as well go with what we have got as make all those Futher changes...

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which 6 foreigners are you getting rid of to bring 6 in....none of the above are making us stronger from the position we are in today......After selling Collins neves coady I would argue FFP isn't a problem...

We will make 3-4 additions I reckon they will need to be of a lot higher quality than the players you have mentioned...

We don't need to dum down to that level.....might as well go with what we have got as make all those Futher changes...
Didn’t say bring all 6 in I said type of players and price we could be looking at in comparison to last season where we bought, over priced Guedes types

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t say bring all 6 in I said type of players and price we could be looking at in comparison to last season where we bought, over priced Guedes types
We are surely in a better position nw with FFP.....think the hard work has been done on that front myself.....we have still got a few we can move on but we definitely need to target quality.

Don't see any reason for the likes of Scott , Seville players, players on loan, loan option or obligation can not be targeted.....we need a few quality additions not mass change. ... especially with our FFP situation being eased. ...

Yes we want change and need a bit of change but it needs to off an advantage not further weakening...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are surely in a better position nw with FFP.....think the hard work has been done on that front myself.....we have still got a few we can move on but we definitely need to target quality.

Don't see any reason for the likes of Scott , Seville players, players on loan, loan option or obligation can not be targeted.....we need a few quality additions not mass change. ... especially with our FFP situation being eased. ...

Yes we want change and need a bit of change but it needs to off an advantage not further weakening...
We should have money coming in for RAN,Podence and Sá too

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have money coming in for RAN,Podence and Sá too
Yes ...that's what I'm saying but that needs to be used for first 11 players not dross to fill the bench, when the bench is already full...

I hope the bulk of the FFP problems are behind us and we can do proper strengthening from nw on ..that can still be done with getting funds in to do it ...For instance surely Ran podence Sa could fund bonouu n Scott more or less...

A striker or centre back on loan......then we still have the Sanderson, Hoever , Silva , sarkic , bolla kawebe etc to shift for further strengthening...

Last edited:

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wahi and RAN swap seems like it may have legs ?
Not sure if likely .. message passed to me that Mendes was looking at brokering a deal but there was no confirmation of Wolves interest.. Wahi is being valued at €30m .. not sure if Wolves would put €15m on Ran they would expect more

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£100 million or so for Neves, Coady, Collins and Ait Nouri would represent some pretty decent business for us, especially if taken care of quickly. I wouldn’t say we are hugely weakened as a result (neves aside) and incomings will surely start to follow soon? I feel fairly positive we’ll do ok.

Add another £10 million for Podence, Sarkic and Sanderson and possibly £20million for Silva to that and we’ve got some decent room surely?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would also add it was posted on mix possibility of 2 signings next week .. CB and Striker .. The Wari deal if it ever happens would not be done by then .. my hope if the info is correct the forward is Moussa Dembele .. since Keen reported our interest it has gone very quiet and have not heard or seen any mention of him going anywhere.. would be great signing for free agent ..

Back
Top Bottom