Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Without going into the details, I believe Rayan has been dealing with some pretty serious personal issues, and it's not a case of a bad attitude or lack of quality, or Julen not rating him. Best for all if he goes back to France, but I'm really disappointed he is off. Ridiculously high ceiling. Good luck in the future, Rayan.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Without going into the details, I believe Rayan has been dealing with some pretty serious personal issues, and it's not a case of a bad attitude or lack of quality, or Julen not rating him. Best for all if he goes back to France, but I'm really disappointed he is off. Ridiculously high ceiling. Good luck in the future, Rayan.
Obviously don’t post them but do you know what the personal issues are?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given current events in France he may be better off waiting a few weeks.

One of my favourite players of the current crop, will be gutted to see him go.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Have heard the same, and a great example of why a little consideration and kindness can go a long way. It’s difficult for some fans to think about (mainly because of sums of money involved now) but players are also human beings and go through difficult times too.

If a move back ‘home’ provides RAN with a better support network then we should all hope it works out for him and wish him well.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are surely in a better position nw with FFP.....think the hard work has been done on that front myself.....we have still got a few we can move on but we definitely need to target quality.

Don't see any reason for the likes of Scott , Seville players, players on loan, loan option or obligation can not be targeted.....we need a few quality additions not mass change. ... especially with our FFP situation being eased. ...

Yes we want change and need a bit of change but it needs to off an advantage not further weakening...
Don’t see how buying younger players with potential is weakening the team. When it’s already been weakened by the players that have left Neves, Traore and so on. Change is for the better let’s embrace it

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame. You’d like to think we could compete with Fulham a little on what we can offer on wages.

Say what you like about the club but we do seem to do a reasonable job on ensuring wages aren’t getting out of control.
35 year old Willian isn’t worth breaking our wage structure for. He had a good season, but he’ll obviously end up in Middle East or Turkey.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame. You’d like to think we could compete with Fulham a little on what we can offer on wages.

Say what you like about the club but we do seem to do a reasonable job on ensuring wages aren’t getting out of control.

I think we could pay the £100k plus salary, but we are right not to for sure.

Burnley bid for Jack Clarke. He looked very good for Sunderland last season.

He's a sign of the sort of player Burnley will be able to sign. Promising and unproven only.
Sheffield United have already admitted they won't be able to buy what they call Premier League players.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
35 year old Willian isn’t worth breaking our wage structure for. He had a good season, but he’ll obviously end up in Middle East or Turkey.
No maybe not, my comment was more aimed at competing with another ‘mid table’ club like Fulham on wages. Or maybe we‘re not hence why he’s moving on!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, i've just posted the Summer 2023 Transfer Window Summary Sticky Thread.

For those not familiar with it, it's a summary of all the players that we've been linked with so far this summer on one easy to read page.

Here's the Link when you visit, please remember to 'Like' the page.

Many thanks,

SFW

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsuccessful ones that went too far in my opinion. Over time we have thrown out everything that was good in the side. That Brighton performance was mostly newbies. It is roughly half the players we bought in over the last 12 months that need to be first out the door.
Kilman has been our best defender for the past 3 seasons. I would argue he is the one player we should be keeping hold off.
Our best defender in a defence that’s declined. You can make the case that it’s declined due to the players around him but he’s still been a part of that. He was also a part of that defence which imploded against Brighton too.

I’m not advocating selling Kilman, I do rate him, I’m just at the point where there isn’t many in the squad I’m desperate to keep because I don’t have the affinity with them that I did with the squad during the Nuno era.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if likely .. message passed to me that Mendes was looking at brokering a deal but there was no confirmation of Wolves interest.. Wahi is being valued at €30m .. not sure if Wolves would put €15m on Ran they would expect more
Balogun I can dream of but Wahi seems more realistic

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We paid for a player who we thought had potential to be a long term rock of our defence, not necessarily to be the main man right now. At that level £20million was too much for a club like ours in the same way £35million was too much for Fabio and arguably £10million was too much on Hoever for where they are/were in their careers.

All I’m saying is you effectively halve those fees for those players and pressure is far less for them to be successful
In the case of Collins you pay less you get an inferior player. When he signed he was a premier league player and an Irish international who was linked to Man United, who do you get for £10 million like that in todays game?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you stare relegation in the face as we did last year , your priorities change.
JL has probably told Fosun to dial in on the long term investments.
Nuno has a good balance of mature and less mature characters .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see how buying younger players with potential is weakening the team. When it’s already been weakened by the players that have left Neves, Traore and so on. Change is for the better let’s embrace it
You have answered your own question...the squad has been weakened by losing experience...it's not young players we need .. exception for the likes of Scott ....it's ready made players with experience.....no problem with change but it's about balance ...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Andy totally disagree.

He is worth every penny of £30-40m.

Amazes me so many think a low lying premier league team will be able to acquire better.
Prepare to be amazed.

Kilman is ok in a 3, but in a 2 he's not proactive enough. He watches things unfold around him and rarely takes the initiative.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hudson-Odoi looks like he's available around 15 million from Chelsea.

I appreciate he's gone off the boil the last year or so, but if we're selling Podence, whilst we clearly look to be losing Adama, he could be an option.

It would fit our apparent purchase price strategy this summer and he has such a high value ceiling being a young, home grown attacking player.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hudson-Odoi looks like he's available around 15 million from Chelsea.

I appreciate he's gone off the boil the last year or so, but if we're selling Podence, whilst we clearly look to be losing Adama, he could be an option.

It would fit our apparent purchase price strategy this summer and he has such a high value ceiling being a young, home grown attacking player.
If the price was right I’d take a chance on him. Needs to restart his career somewhere.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Loan with option.....only....

R

reanswolf

Prepare to be amazed.

Kilman is ok in a 3, but in a 2 he's not proactive enough. He watches things unfold around him and rarely takes the initiative.
Well I’m not going to be amazed as I watch him week in week out. Not saying he’s perfect but I watched him enough in a back four in all those games when we kept clean sheets and he was pivotal. I know he doesn’t appear commanding in a demonstrative way but think of all those games when it was literally ping ball to our poor defence.

For me both Dawson and Kilman were superb.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Another one on massive wages isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom