Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Would be our top earner and I don't think he's that good.
He has got one year left on his deal.

He won't get paid that amount during his next contract - it was the one he signed in 2019 when he was regarded as one of the best young players in Europe.

But ye, I agree that at those numbers he's of no interest l.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hudson-Odoi looks like he's available around 15 million from Chelsea.

I appreciate he's gone off the boil the last year or so, but if we're selling Podence, whilst we clearly look to be losing Adama, he could be an option.

It would fit our apparent purchase price strategy this summer and he has such a high value ceiling being a young, home grown attacking player.
I’d take him bargain at that price unfortunately 60-70k most we could offer him

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone thinking we won’t sign a CH before the first game needs to relax. If we don’t lacking a 4th CH will be the least of our worries as Lop will be over the Wrekin and far away.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone thinking we won’t sign a CH before the first game needs to relax. If we don’t lacking a 4th CH will be the least of our worries as Lop will be over the Wrekin and far away.

Thats the concern. Lopetegui gets really ****ed off and get an offer from another club. Hopefully the club will back him in the coming weeks or there is no way he is going to be happy with this current squad.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sevilla's situation may be a fantastic opportunity for us. We now have cash, they need cash.
Our manager knows them inside out. For me that means more than just the first team, but the best youth at the club, the best medics or coaches .
And Daniela the coffee senorita

I would hope there are a number of players who feel a bond with JL because he made them win things. As Nuno did with us.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sevilla's situation may be a fantastic opportunity for us. We now have cash, they need cash.
Our manager knows them inside out. For me that means more than just the first team, but the best youth at the club, the best medics or coaches .

I would hope there are a number of players who feel a bond with JL because he made them win things. As Nuno did with us.
100% this.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You had me at Daniela, not gonna lie.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Thats the concern. Lopetegui gets really ****ed off and get an offer from another club. Hopefully the club will back him in the coming weeks or there is no way he is going to be happy with this current squad.
I would be gobsmacked if we haven't got someone lined up?!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wasn't JLo's Sevilla squad really poor last season? I read posters on here saying that they sold all their best players that summer and that is why they were near the bottom of the table at the time.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saw a link to it earlier. 8m was the figure quoted on a 4 year deal. Seems a steal at that price.
Admittedly he hasn’t recently shown what it looked like he might be capable of a couple of years ago but if he was to recapture anything like that sort of form, he might well be an absolute steal. Starting consistently might be what he needs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, i've just posted the Summer 2023 Transfer Window Summary Sticky Thread.

For those not familiar with it, it's a summary of all the players that we've been linked with so far this summer on one easy to read page.

Here's the Link when you visit, please remember to 'Like' the page.

Many thanks,

SFW
TY - a much valued summer fixture reappears....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hudson-Odoi looks like he's available around 15 million from Chelsea.

I appreciate he's gone off the boil the last year or so, but if we're selling Podence, whilst we clearly look to be losing Adama, he could be an option.

It would fit our apparent purchase price strategy this summer and he has such a high value ceiling being a young, home grown attacking player.
Wages???

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought - if Neves did go to Newcastle , and WWFC do buy players from Savilla , then the Saudi/Neves deal may help us, Newcastle and Savilla with FFP problems..
Not bad from one deal.
"Money makes the world go round......." Another Fosun, Mendes master stroke . Keeping JL happy and Savilla afloat.

Last edited:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iheanacho, Awoniyi and Gibbs White isn’t a bad set of attacking options IMV. I think it will be a very good signing for Forest personally.

That's Forest though they buy lots of 'decent' shiny new players without any idea how they fit in. Gibbs White was a good buy and Awoniyi a revelation at the end of the season but many of their other players were useless. Iheanacho is okay but I wouldn't feel too heartbroken about that one. There are other good attacking players to buy.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's Forest though they buy lots of 'decent' shiny new players without any idea how they fit in. Gibbs White was a good buy and Awoniyi a revelation at the end of the season but many of their other players were useless. Iheanacho is okay but I wouldn't feel too heartbroken about that one. There are other good attacking players to buy.
I suppose fans are seeing teams that can score adding fire power.
Whereas we fire blanks and at present are sitting on our hands.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have a couple of decent forwards and are buying another for a pretty good fee. All decent ages and add Brennan Johnson to the mix too. That Danilo looks decent as well? I’d imagine they will be shifting some deadwood and seeking to add some quality in defence/midfield rather than signing 30 players at random this summer? I can see them improving personally.

I’ll likely comment on these good attacking players that Wolves will supposedly be buying when we actually do?

Back
Top Bottom