Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can live with a guy that's smacked sombody though. The original story, wouldn't want him at the club

In cases like this it’s worth adding the caveat that the woman registered a report that she was punched in the nightclub, but I haven’t seen anything since then to say he was charged, let alone found guilty. Neither do we know the circumstances around this alleged incident, not that I’m condoning violence if it did indeed happen.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be as close to a perfect window for us under the circumstances I think. Gyokeres and Scott probably upwards of £20m for either of them. Bounou maybe £10-15m. Baku quoted at £15m. Garcia release clause at £18m. Ocampos £15m reportedly.

£100m~ outlay could be realistic if we get the sales we need, John Percy's article distinctly said that the budget could change depending on outgoings. Selling Neves, Coady, Collins and Silva for a combined £100m would certainly help.

Just need to find takers for the likes of Sa, Podence, RAN, Raul, Jonny, Sanderson who are all reportedly available too. Raul and Jonny I think we might struggle for takers with the wages they're currently on. Sanderson might be £2-3m. Podence rumoured at £7-8m to Turkey recently. Sa probably £5m~. RAN not much given the 50% sell-on clause.

I think it would take another big sale to spend that type of money, Giles could be expendable if a big bid (£10-15m) comes in if Julen is happy with Bueno and Toti on the left.
From what I have been told Gykores isn’t coming to wolves as things stand and no one has matched even coventries basement valuation. So at the min this one is in limbo for all parties.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I have been told Gykores isn’t coming to wolves as things stand and no one has matched even coventries basement valuation. So at the min this one is in limbo for all parties.
So as things stand. With selling Collins and Coady we will be lacking cover at the back and still have no goal scorer up top
Excellent

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't blame Coventry or Brizzle for starting high, both clubs know a big fee could potentially set them up for promotion if they spend it wisely. I can see them dragging on for weeks as neither side is likely to budge on valuations, we may move onto other targets. A real shame as I think both would genuinely improve us.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was released ages ago. I got grief just for providing the link to prove it
Yep was off squad list and removed from team on website alongside mouts and costa.

Pretty much its done and dusted, just waiting for curtain call on friday.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hold fire give it till about 10th july concrete links will come
Didn’t you say late this week or early next week? What is significant about the 10th?

I don’t mean to be rude or question your information, just trying to get a sense of something changed.

I thought with Neves gone, Coady going, Collins probably out and Adama being done (and the other contractual exits) we would have some money to make some moves. Is there a new holdup?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After his Op, Raul could recover, have a good pre-season and be almost back to his best
I think we all want that!

It is also more likely than Sasa being available for a whole season based on his injury record.

We just need a striker who can stay fit and do the only jobs that matter, get into positions INSIDE the box and stick it in the goal. I don’t care if they can’t link up play for wingers near the half way line, or running into wide channels isn’t their strength. We just need a person to go into the box and stay there, we have enough people who can do the pretty passing stuff and not enough direct threat inside the box.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t you say late this week or early next week? What is significant about the 10th?

I don’t mean to be rude or question your information, just trying to get a sense of something changed.

I thought with Neves gone, Coady going, Collins probably out and Adama being done (and the other contractual exits) we would have some money to make some moves. Is there a new holdup?
Not claiming ITK, on this, so ill clarify.

Wolves themselves need clarification on outgoings, one of which is adama, then collins and coady.

There is no holdup they have ducks in a row and hobbs and jl will make moves. The international window opens on the 1st, i said 10th from my own volition given that by then and the fact we will be back in preseason and players have come back from international duty, moves can be done.

The snippets were that the interest in wahi is real, @Cornwall Wolf added that actually ran was being touted to go the otherway, but all i got was wahi was an option and the other is that gyokeres would like to go to a prem team and wolves.

The remaining is we are shopping in the furture gems market, south america.

Last edited:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The holdup is called complacency.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not claiming ITK, on this, so ill clarify.

Wolves themselves need clarification on outgoings, one of which is adama, then collins and coady.

There is no holdup they have ducks in a row and hobbs and jl will make moves. The international window opens on the 1st, i said 10th from my own volition given that by then and the fact we wqill be back in preseason and players have come back from international duty, moves can be done.

The snippets were that the interest in wahi is real, @Cornwall Wolf added that actually ran was being touted to go the otherway, but all i got was wahi was an option and the other is that gyokeres would like to go to a prem team and wolves.

The remaining is we are shopping in the furture gems market, south america.
Thank you for that clarity. This all sounds good to me.

My only concern is the HG quota. Obviously no issue if the South Americans are U21, but losing Coady or Collins would hurt that requirement, no?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for that clarity. This all sounds good to me.

My only concern is the HG quota. Obviously no issue if the South Americans are U21, but losing Coady or Collins would hurt that requirement, no?
With costa and moutinho, neves gone and potentially traroe, thats 4 foreign spots
we can have a maximum of 17 overseas

coady was not in the squad in feb and Collins wasn't registered due to age, Giles is HG, as is cundle, silva qualifies for HG if he comes back and plays this year.

1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Jonny Castro
  3. Raul Jimenez
  4. Daniel Podence
  5. Nelson Semedo
  6. Jose Sa
  7. Hee Chan Hwang
  8. Toti Gomes
  9. SASA
  10. Pedro Neto
  11. Chiquinho
  12. B Traore
  13. Matheus Nunes
  14. J Gomes
  15. Matheus Cunha
  16. Mario Lemina
  17. Pablo Sarabia

18. Craig Dawson(HG)
  19. Daniel Bentley(HG)
  20. Matija Sarkic(HG)
Thank you @lets all have a disco

Still one available slot, without any further sales.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With costa and moutinho, neves gone and potentially traroe, thats 4 foreign spots

coady was not in the squad in feb and Collins wasn't registered due to age, Giles is HG, as is cundle, silva qualifies for HG if he comes back and plays this year.

1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Jonny Castro
  3. Raul Jimenez
  4. Daniel Podence
  5. Nelson Semedo
  6. Jose Sa
  7. Hee Chan Hwang
  8. Toti Gomes
  9. SASA
  10. Pedro Neto
  11. Chiquinho
  12. B Traore
  13. Matheus Nunes

14. Matheus Cunha
  15. Mario Lemina
  16. Pablo Sarabia

17. Craig Dawson(HG)
  18. Daniel Bentley(HG)
  19. Matija Sarkic(HG)
J gomes....he will have to be named....as will bouba..

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Jonny Castro
  3. Raul Jimenez
  4. Daniel Podence
  5. Nelson Semedo
  6. Jose Sa
  7. Hee Chan Hwang
  8. Toti Gomes
  9. SASA
  10. Pedro Neto
  11. Chiquinho
  12. B Traore
  13. Matheus Nunes
  14. J Gomes
  15. Matheus Cunha
  16. Mario Lemina
  17. Pablo Sarabia

18. Craig Dawson(HG)
  19. Daniel Bentley(HG)
  20. Matija Sarkic(HG)
Thank you @lets all have a disco

Still one available slot, without any further sales.
You haven’t got pitbull Gomes in there ?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Given that we were told we had to sell before we could buy I'd say it's moving pretty well. Excellent price for Neves, Collins looking like a smart sale (albeit a bit of a shame), Coady hopefully making a fresh start at Leicester. Obviously if we don't get some signings in by the middle of July I'll start to get stressed, but I'm not going to be losing the plot in June! I trust Hobbs and Lopetegui have a plan for incomings, have to have some patience.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have had many pops at the heirachy based on what I hear from people at other clubs.

But Hobbs is well liked, proactive and pursuing leads for sales and transfers in a faster way than his predecessor, who was described as “slapdash” “overly arrogant” and “slow” by people I know who had the unfortunate experience of dealing with him……

Any perceived lack of speed is only what the club is sharing as info, I know first hand the club are making moves in ways that you guys wouldn’t moan about.

They have given me faith that a quality re-build is on the cards

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't remember if Lobo was a trusted ITK or not...?

Don't even know that myself.... I would say maybe a third of the things I'm told end up materialising, a third make sense enough to be labelled "could be true" and a third show no signs or evidence of ever having been true.

I'm told we have 3 ready to go early next week. Not long to wait to find out which third that falls into.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers. Just to check if I can't count or if someone still counts as u21?

15 on your original list plus Boubacar and João Gomes, 17 allowed.

Where did I go wrong?
  1. Jonny Castro
  2. Raul Jimenez
  3. Daniel Podence
  4. Nelson Semedo
  5. Jose Sa
  6. Hee Chan Hwang
  7. Toti Gomes
  8. SASA
  9. Pedro Neto
  10. Chiquinho
  11. B Traore