Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we're starting to see why he was sought after.
Was it Man United that were sniffing before he got promoted by Shi? It will take time for him to leave his mark on the squad but I think it's already clear why Julen likes working with him. Dare I say "the project" may have life again with some proper direction at the helm.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Next week is the start of the international window, so I expect more movements after that.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Collins over the line thats £80 mil without really harming us too much
I know we all loved Neves but we have cover there with Gomes and Lemina and will almost certainly bring someone else in to midfield

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was it Man United that were sniffing before he got promoted by Shi? It will take time for him to leave his mark on the squad but I think it's already clear why Julen likes working with him. Dare I say "the project" may have life again with some proper direction at the helm.
Spurs were sniffing around as well.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton really should have signed him for that 4 million fee like we did with Afobe and just sell him on for more straight away!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only problem from a squad point or view losing Coady and Collins .....as both are homegrown we will probably need to sign a centre back and probably it will be have to be foreign....so we have still gotta get rid of a foreigner to get a centre back in the 17...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member (smith)

Absolute blinder from Jeff/Hobbs to get that fee

How long was his contract? It’s not just the quality of the player , his age,his salary but the amortization.
By letting Traore run down his contract I believe we let 20 million walk away …which we would have got if he had 2/3 years of contract left. Players understand ,or their agents do, that a transfer fee is simply a piece of the players value going to the ex employer rather than to the agent and player.

If a contracted Traore is worth 20 million that’s four years salary at 100 grand a week. Wolves must be ruthless and sell anyone that won’t allow their contract to be renewed.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't find the journalist's retraction. Admittedly if it's in French or in a video it would be hard to find, but I have tried searching in French and can find nothing.
I’d read from someone on Twitter that it had been retracted but hold my hands up can’t find any proof of it myself either , what i did find though is allegations of romain molina trying to blackmail the Cameroon football federation , if wahi did in fact do what molina said he did why hasn’t it ever been criminally investigated , or maybe it was but there wasn’t a case to answer , not sure what to make of it all ….

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got near enough double than what most expected for both Neves and Coady. Great buisness.

Interested to see how we reinvest.
In a market where the price of Declan rice is valued upwards of 90 million, we've lost the core of our europa side for about 55 million. That is what we paid for Cunha and Sarabia. Most clubs charge a home grown tax for their home grown players.
I think we devalue our successful players as fans.
If the quality of players we sign continues to detiorate as it has in the last 12 months we'll be down next year, simple as.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In a market where the price of Declan rice is valued upwards of 90 million, we've lost the core of our europa side for about 55 million. That is what we paid for Cunha and Sarabia. Most clubs charge a home grown tax for their home grown players.
If the quality of players we sign continues to detiorate as it has in the last 12 months we'll be down next year, simple as.

Or we could have had one for another season and let go on a free, and lost the other for £4m.

In context of the situation, Hobbs has done a good job on these two. Squad needs rebalancing and we can only sell players who have bids in for them.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans dont devalue players we give our opinions thats all
£8.5 million for a player we dont need is great business when we all thought he would go for far less
£47 mil for Neves was way more than anyone expected in fact had he gone for £10 mil less most would see it as a decent price for a player that goes for free next year
Dawson Lemina and Traore are good signings,Cunha and Sarabia may yet prove to be good
Have we made mistakes yes ofc what club doesnt,but so far the business we have done has been excellent, lets wait and see where we go next before condemning the club

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or we could have had one for another season and let go on a free, and lost the other for £4m.

In context of the situation, Hobbs has done a good job on these two. Squad needs rebalancing and we can only sell players who have bids in for them.
I'm not convinced he has. I'd rather keep Coady at that price. Neves wanted to go, but I think its a fair price rather than a blinder.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like this one has gone. I assume that any move from us was dependent on either Raul or Fabio leaving first.

That was from 3/4 days ago, last i heard was Goykeres wanted Prem football and Sporting hadnt reached Coventrys valuation
Cant see us giving them what they want and tbh not that fussed,but i dont think its anywhere near done yet

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Declan Rice is worth 90million TO ARSENAL, he's not an indicator of the market.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, however when Neymar went to PSG for 200 million it set an indicator for transfers for the next 10 years.
It was "sensible" before then.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, however when Neymar went to PSG for 200 million it set an indicator for transfers for the next 10 years.
It was "sensible" before then.
It was an upwards trend though, but Rice is one of them where for Arsenal it's a really good price.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic deal all round. Huge season for Coady, he needs to perform or he’s going to drop down the leagues if he isn’t careful.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

£105m the latest fee mentioned, after City's dodgy bid.

Really good player mind, will really improve Arsenal.

Back
Top Bottom