Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope your cruise ship doesn’t have wifi. I think we’ll all enjoy the break from your incessant negativity.

Ruddy - 0 . As ever a complete liability. That handling for the shot from distance was so poor . Got lucky with the Kane header , and was so slow down for the goals. I’d rather give a youngster a chance. Kicking abysmal and brain dead when players are available to pass to. Get him out the club

Hoever - 6 always takes far too long to get into games . Probably from lack of match practice.

Coady - 0 absolutely horrendous and a bottle job of a tackler.

Boly 6 good to have him back .

Kilman 7 impressive as ever. Him an boly in a back 4. PLEASE

Ait nouri - 8 brilliant . Ridiculous he hasn’t been given a chance this season

Neves 2 - shocker. These things happen. But he has the balls to take responsibility and love his passion moaning at the ref for unbelievable decisions.

Dendoncker 8 - goal and assist. Can’t ask for much more. Totally outnumbered in the middle

Hwang - 5 didn’t do much

Podence 8 . Has to start premier league games

Silva 0 - terrible

Traore 6 - effective but needs to make stuff happen in these promising positions

Moutinho 0 . Awful corner . Terrible sub

Bruno 1 - should have set us up with a back 4. Totally outnumbered in midfield and didn’t change it until half time. Sorted it out at half time and got a much higher tempo. Then took all our momentum out the game with the Semedo and moutinho subs . Should have been Trincao and Jimenez

Ref 0 - Stonewall penalty on podence. How on earth was that not given. Missed the one on hwang.

We have to play Ait nouri in 343 . It simply doesn’t work if the full backs come back all the time as marcal, and now Semedo have shown. Dendoncker has to start instead of moutinho, and we have to get podence on the pitch .

Sa
Semedo boly kilman Ait nouri
Neves dendoncker
Traore podence Trincao
Jimenez

GO FOR IT
Tell me please, who would you have replaced RAN with. It had to be Semedo.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tell me please, who would you have replaced RAN with. It had to be Semedo.

Trincao. We were all over them. And the role of a wing back is predominantly to attack - not to play left back like we quickly switched into once Semedo came on

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

On a side issue .The attendance was 28,798 (I think).When did we last get a higher Home League Cup gate than this ?
Helped that Spurs sold out but was a very good crowd. Top left of North Bank only place i could see empty ones

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful first half hour,dropped straight back to Nuno ball,no pressing, defending too deep,couldnt pass water
Got the goal and decided to start playing,upped the tempo,pressed higher,got the forwards into the game
Neves had a mare,Ruddy got lucky a few times,Coady poor,Silva meh
Thought Hwang improved when pushed more central
Hoever,RAN,Donk,Podence,Boly all had good games
Kilman was decent, but i noticed a couple of tackles he tried with the wrong leg,he is so left footed its ridiculous
Overall enjoyed the game no surprise to lose on pens,in fact i was shocked we scored one
We have shown we can compete,we have shown we can play good football,all we need is to put it all together for 90 minutes and start scoring goals,its not that much of an ask is it?

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very shakey start which was probably influenced by Yerson going off after working on a shape involving him.

Coady then comes on and tries to slot in on the right of a back three which isn't his position and is where he is beat by Ndombele which then leads him to being rather shakey, I'm sure he's more than aware of his bad form.

A number of players then didn't handle the pressure and looked shakey, understandable really given they were probably trying to impress.

I'm thinking of However especially in the first half, no bite in his tackle and scared to hold the ball.

First half I actually thought Fabio lead the line well, not sure why Bruno told him off in the lead up to their second goal but he was then hooked.

RAN with a couple of good corners lead to our first goal scored by a man who for me has to start.

Leander had a superb game and whether he is the long term answer or not we need someone like him in the team, we actually looked best with him Ruben and João on the pitch I though but there's no chance of all 3 of them playing every game till January.

Other than Leander I thought Podence had a good game and he is really pushing Trincao which is only good for us.

We had a spell in the second half where we looked brilliant but as we so often saw under Bruno's predecessor we had left ourselves too much to do.

Other than centre midfield however we have shown we have more squad depth than last year particularly on the wings and a fit Podence is a great option, I think we knew that last year but due to lack of depth he played through injury too much.

Overall as many have said for all the huff and puff it's another loss. Our captain looks like his days are running short more and more by the day and Mosqueras injury is a stay of execution for him.

This weekend we really need a result.

HiHo

Reaction score
One of the things I was most excited about coming in to the game was our defence. I thought it was a good combo and they could really shine in this fixture. Some actual pace in them. For the first few minutes we actually nullified them pretty well, thought Mosquera had some good speed to deal with Spurs. Then he got injured, Coady came on and the next 30 mins was horrible. Easily passed through our lines and done for pace. 2-0. I didn’t think either RAN or KJH had done much well, neither getting forward or defending that well. Midfield missed some easy passes down the middle to set off attackers, preferring to go wide, but then there was no overlap or midfield pushing up in support. Once we got a goal back and everyone was singing the tempo completely changed. Both wingbacks started playing well, some better movement and passing all round. Traore injected pace in to the game after half time and Hwang looked more comfortable in the middle. Shame him and Hwang didn’t link up better on a few attacks. One where he could have played him through and another where he should have cut inside as Hwang went wide. Moutinho also had a golden opportunity to shoot on the edge late on but was looking for a pass?

Positives:
Podence was lively. Kilman solid. Boly was superb MotM for me. Traore useful. RAN was great once he got going. Hwang always threatening.

Disappointing:
Coady’s pace is a real liability
Silva didn’t do much
Neves had a poor game
Injuries
Losing, obviously. Pens are 50/50 so not too worried about that but we should have finished them off in last 20.

Hard to know who to play at the weekend. Boly has to be in. RAN too if not injured, maybe a start for Podence or Hwang?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very shakey start which was probably influenced by Yerson going off after working on a shape involving him.

Coady then comes on and tries to slot in on the right of a back three which isn't his position and is where he is beat by Ndombele which then leads him to being rather shakey, I'm sure he's more than aware of his bad form.

A number of players then didn't handle the pressure and looked shakey, understandable really given they were probably trying to impress.

I'm thinking of However especially in the first half, no bite in his tackle and scared to hold the ball.

First half I actually thought Fabio lead the line well, not sure why Bruno told him off in the lead up to their second goal but he was then hooked.

RAN with a couple of good corners lead to our first goal scored by a man who for me has to start.

Leander had a superb game and whether he is the long term answer or not we need someone like him in the team, we actually looked best with him Ruben and João on the pitch I though but there's no chance of all 3 of them playing every game till January.

Other than Leander I thought Podence had a good game and he is really pushing Trincao which is only good for us.

We had a spell in the second half where we looked brilliant but as we so often saw under Bruno's predecessor we had left ourselves too much to do.

Other than centre midfield however we have shown we have more squad depth than last year particularly on the wings and a fit Podence is a great option, I think we knew that last year but due to lack of depth he played through injury too much.

Overall as many have said for all the huff and puff it's another loss. Our captain looks like his days are running short more and more by the day and Mosqueras injury is a stay of execution for him.

This weekend we really need a result.
cm and cb are the big problems the last 3 years.

Coady is done, im sorry hes been a great servant but is a liability now. We needed botman or callacar in during the summer and we bottled it!!

Cm is the other main position we needed. Neves has been pony for a long time, i dont care if people think he has played well this season...... he hasnt!! His game has always been passing and shooting but for the last 3 years he couldn't pass a 3 year olds spelling test let alone a through ball and im fairly sure that penalty kick landed in my back garden in Ireland last night, just like every free kick and shot he has had in the last 3 years also. Moutinho hasn't the legs to get up and down the pitch in the way we need... that's not his fault!! he's a true professional that gives his all but ultimately age has caught up with him and was never the box to box type any way!! Not going to bring up pathetic corners either... its already been said.

Give credit to dendonker last night arguably best player on the pitch and should be starting on Sunday!!

team for sunday

Sa or Ruddy (Big John did alright last night)

hoover
boly
marcal
kilman
ai nouri (semedo if hes not fot)

Donk
Dorris the tea lady

Podence
Hwang
Adama

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Lose against Saints and Molineux could turn big time if we don't make a good start against Newcastle.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It convinced me that for all his promise, he has a LONG way to go. Then again, every time I think that he surprises me, so he will probably score against Saints.
I doubt Fabio will play against Ston. Raul will start up top with two from Traore, Podence, Hwang or Trincao. Hwang will move centrally if required. Fabio has moved way down the order after that performance.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
If Bruno keeps the same team that failed against Brentford bar one player say then I fear the Newcastle game will be interesting for both him and Shi. As we had the talk of X Y and Z but he needs to play his formation and also change a failing team. If he does change it then people can only direct frustration at Shi as he let him down in the window. If Bruno keeps it the same though then fans will be questioning him it we lose on Sunday and then get nothing against Newcastle.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
Awful first half hour,dropped straight back to Nuno ball,no pressing, defending too deep,couldnt pass water
Got the goal and decided to start playing,upped the tempo,pressed higher,got the forwards into the game
Neves had a mare,Ruddy got lucky a few times,Coady poor,Silva meh
Thought Hwang improved when pushed more central
Hoever,RAN,Donk,Podence,Boly all had good games
Kilman was decent, but i noticed a couple of tackles he tried with the wrong leg,he is so left footed its ridiculous
Overall enjoyed the game no surprise to lose on pens,in fact i was shocked we scored one
We have shown we can compete,we have shown we can play good football,all we need is to put it all together for 90 minutes and start scoring goals,its not that much of an ask is it?
Just to echo this - RAN, Podence, Donk and Boly are getting the plaudits but Hoever played very well and had an exceptional second half. His understanding with Adama is as good as anybody's.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait Nouri and Podence are must starters Boly too but the first two worked hard when nobody else did
Coady is a liability Neves lost all composure and until his terrible pen you cant take anything away from Donk with a goal and an assist
Just utterly weary from it all at the minute. Have had nothing to get excited and encouraged for now in a long time and if we play like we did against Brentford in the next two games will not be a fun experience

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game may not have been in that situation if ruddy didn’t boot the ball over ait nouri head for the second ; when boly and hoever completely unmarked on other wing.

Brain dead some of our players are .

For nearly all the first half and for a fair amount of the second half, it looked as if none of our team had any idea who the others were. Do they just go to the training ground for 10 minutes every other week just to film the video they put out? Given our awful set pieces, wayward passing, poor positioning, lacklustre finishing, it would explain it.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I thought it was a cracking game last night and we were unlucky not to win.
Admittedly we were all over the shop for the first half an hour but I was really pleased with the character the lads displayed in coming back from two down.
Going forwards I thought some of our play was outstanding, particularly in the second-half. We do however look pretty fragile at the back.
I'm not ready yet to lose faith, though I'm certainly no happy clapper. I had a mate of mine with me last night who's not a Wolves supporter and his take on it was that there's no way we'll be relegated playing that way. My daughter also accompanied me again and thankfully got to see her first ever Wolves goal at Molineux, she even managed to film it for posterity.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First 30 minutes was horrendous it made the Brentford performance look good. Big credit to the lads getting back in it as the game went on you could see the likes of Ait Nouri, Dendoncker, Hwang and Podence get in to the game.

I hate to kick a dog when he's down but Fabio looked completely out of his depth against 2 good but not great PL centre half's. I feel sorry for the kid he needs regular football he should of went out on loan this season IMO.

Feel sorry for Neves his effort is 100% in every game this season but at times it seems like he has two left feet his passing and shooting has been well below standard.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to kick a dog when he's down but Fabio looked completely out of his depth against 2 good but not great PL centre half's.

To be fair, Romero was voted best defender in Italy last season, you're doing him a bit of a disservice there.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
It feels weird talking about a defeat. I know I'm in the minority here but it doesn't feel like a defeat losing on pens (even in the Euros, it didn't have that feel).

I would say that Fabio Silva needs a loan.

Re "I would say that Fabio Silva needs a loan." ... I totally agree. I don't think he has the physicality and determination to play in the premiership.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referee negligent in his approach, allowed some horrific challenges on Hwang to go unpunished, which set up the conditions for RANs concussion.

Agreed with this. I'm sick of us playing badly like we did in the first half an hour, but I'm getting equally as sick of ****-poor refereeing performances. How Tanganga has gone 97 minutes without a booking is beyond me! Sanchez too for clattering into Hwang.

Yet Silva was booked within 20 minutes for a late tackle and Neves was booked for dissent (again) after a poor decision not to look at the late challenge on Hwang.

England captain Kane getting in the ref's ear every time they do something wrong probably influences the ref's far too much. I dislike that boring, dribbly fool more every time we play them.

The only consistency in referees this season has been their inconsistency.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah Tanganga not being booked for wiping out Ait-Nouri is ridiculous. Letting the game flow has absolutely nothing to do with not booking obvious fouls.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
RANT WARNING !!

On a slightly different note.... This was the 1st time I've managed (thanks to my daughter) that I've managed to get a ticket for a Wolves match. I was amazed by the number of times at least one bloke 2 rows in front of me went to the toilet (at least I assume that's where he was going) - must have been 5 / 6 times. I reckon he must have seen almost as much of the toilet as he did of the match.

Bloody disruptive, both for the people behind and in the same row. Don't get me wrong. I like a drink, but I tend to be aware that the more I drink, the more I'm going to have relieve myself.... RANT OVER.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

RANT WARNING !!

On a slightly different note.... This was the 1st time I've managed (thanks to my daughter) that I've managed to get a ticket for a Wolves match. I was amazed by the number of times at least one bloke 2 rows in front of me went to the toilet (at least I assume that's where he was going) - must have been 5 / 6 times. I reckon he must have seen almost as much of the toilet as he did of the match.

Bloody disruptive, both for the people behind and in the same row. Don't get me wrong. I like a drink, but I tend to be aware that the more I drink, the more I'm going to have relieve myself.... RANT OVER.
He may have been going to the toilet but not necessarily for his bladder.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All thanks to our esteemed chairman and his yes men. Would still rather have Marcal at centre back or even Saiss back. Coady looks a total liability at present.

The same Saiss you wanted dropped after Brentford & seemed to be marking our own player Saturday instead?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
RANT WARNING !!

Were you in NB lower as my wife was sitting next to one who must have gone about 6 times while play was going on?. We could put up with the fact he may have needed to go but he literally just stood up each time and immediately tried to barge past without any sort of ‘excuse me’ that annoyed us both.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Were you in NB lower as my wife was sitting next to one who must have gone about 6 times while play was going on?. We could put up with the fact he may have needed to go but he literally just stood up each time and immediately tried to barge past without any sort of ‘excuse me’ that annoyed us both.
No I was in the Steve Bull Upper

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears Wolves will never beat Spurs in a cup match, and my feelings were that if match would go for penalties, Spurs would move on, but it was really rediculous that 3 out of 5 of our players would fail to score. Neves penalty was stupid, it was the first time Den was taking a penalty for Wolves, he should have put it in the middle, and Coady was unlucky hitting the ba. disappointments seem to be coming by buckets this season.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Dunno, but one injury at the back from really being in bother. It's okay though, we've got another 8 days until the transfer window shuts... oh, wait...
Who half decent is going to come to Molineux? Especially at the moment when we are desperate for 2 or 3 proven players not might be in ten years from now.
Lose at the weekend and we are really in the ****.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same Saiss you wanted dropped after Brentford & seemed to be marking our own player Saturday instead?

Yep but he has still played better than Coady overall this season in my opinion. Not great by any means but still better. I wouldnt play 5 at the back anymore in any case. 4 at the back with Semedo, Boly, Kilman and Marcal at Southampton.

HiHo

Reaction score
Who half decent is going to come to Molineux? Especially at the moment when we are desperate for 2 or 3 proven players not might be in ten years from now.
Lose at the weekend and we are really in the ****.
Have to agree. Optimism is starting to fade. Could do with some back to back wins for both team and fans, just feel like if it goes the other way there’s going to be some (more) negativity which’ll be hard to shake

Back
Top Bottom