Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An enjoyable game for the neutral

Boly was superb he’s got to start Sunday. Ait Nouri was superb too, and Podence did well

Coady? What’s happened he’s almost running in treacle, can’t win a Header and was so poor tonight.

As for neves!! Was he ****ed?

Ruddy made another complete howler yet then redeemed himself with 2 unbelievable saves. His kicking is ****

All in all a draw was a fair result. Losing on penalties is not a morale affecter to my mind. Spurs put out a half strength team, we put out a quarter strength team so it’s a respectable result in that matter.

Saints team

Sa
Nelson Boly Max RAN
Moutinho Neves Donk
Traore Raul Podence
What about Hoever? He was more than decent.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhh ffs we managed to lose again. Largely absolute *******s of a first half but then we came to life a bit after our goal. Credit for the comeback but our inability to strike the ball well from 12 yards cost us.

Ait Nouri, Podence, Boly and Hwang to come in now. We really need to shake off this habit of losing as we could be in real trouble if we are not careful.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The Podence one, he headed it and looked to me the Spurs player just cleared him out

Also the foul on Ait Nouri, I’m sure the ref never booked Tananga, it was a blatant taking out of a player yellow
It was a red card. As clear as it gets. But no, once Rayan walks off its “ok Harry where would you like your drop ball?”

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hoever extremely up and down. Got done by Son two or three times, and stood off him for the big Kane chance he whipped in. Did some good stuff as well though.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a red card. As clear as it gets. But no, once Rayan walks off its “ok Harry where would you like your drop ball?”
“Just there pwease wef, just next to my spit”

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Your post sounded like a bit of a **** take if I'm honest as I know you have got annoyed in the past about posters repeating themselves about us needing signings for those positions. I apologise if I am incorrect but it sounded like a bit of a WUM post.
Yeah, it’s true that I don’t like repetition for the sake of it, but I am a genuine concerned poster - been on this forum since 2004 and not sure it’s ever been so bad in that we have finally got ourselves in a good position and should be in a position to kick on yet we’re intent on screwing it up. Addressing the spine of the team is the obvious and most effective way of turning us into a formidable force in England and in Europe.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
It convinced me that for all his promise, he has a LONG way to go. Then again, every time I think that he surprises me, so he will probably score against Saints.
For me I have decided, he’s no good.

I don’t see anything at all in his game which I rate in any way.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk, podence boly and ran have to start next game.

Coady sorry not good
Enough and cost us

Fabio -35mill Jeff what were you smoking!?!?!

Neves - lost his nevesesque attributes passing and shooting have evaded him for some reason and is more of a hindrance

Next game

Sa or ruddy

Hoover
Kilman
Boly
Marcal
Ait Nouri

Donk
Neves/moutinho

Hwang
Traore
Podence

Would like 4-2-3-1 but think Bruno is going to stick to this system till Xmas when Jeff will get the cheque book out ................... ..............

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me I have decided, he’s no good.

I don’t see anything at all in his game which I rate in any way.
Then I would respectfully suggest you should look again. He's got strong qualities

He's very lightweight and ineffective though too.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a feeling I was going to enjoy watching Mosquera, Boly and Kilman together. Seems balanced, decent pace either side of the big man.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some parts utterly shambolic, some parts pretty encouraging.

Boly's performance only made me most disappointed that we didn't have him on the field last Saturday when the points were at stake.

My biggest fear is that Bruno simply isn't very lucky and our squad isn't good enough to get by without a shred of fortune along the way.
That sums it up, we don't seem to have the players knowing fully what their roll is in the team. The defense was all over the place, midfield a player short as spurs ran through gapping holes. we fought well but looked more like a plucky championship side rather than a well organised Premier outfit. Is it the players are raw in trying to adopt a totally different style or is Bruno showing his lack of experience at this level. While my ranting the quality of penalties were gash except for moutinho who demonstrated with a masterly finish.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy - 0 . As ever a complete liability. That handling for the shot from distance was so poor . Got lucky with the Kane header , and was so slow down for the goals. I’d rather give a youngster a chance. Kicking abysmal and brain dead when players are available to pass to. Get him out the club

Hoever - 6 always takes far too long to get into games . Probably from lack of match practice.

Coady - 0 absolutely horrendous and a bottle job of a tackler.

Boly 6 good to have him back .

Kilman 7 impressive as ever. Him an boly in a back 4. PLEASE

Ait nouri - 8 brilliant . Ridiculous he hasn’t been given a chance this season

Neves 2 - shocker. These things happen. But he has the balls to take responsibility and love his passion moaning at the ref for unbelievable decisions.

Dendoncker 8 - goal and assist. Can’t ask for much more. Totally outnumbered in the middle

Hwang - 5 didn’t do much

Podence 8 . Has to start premier league games

Silva 0 - terrible

Traore 6 - effective but needs to make stuff happen in these promising positions

Moutinho 0 . Awful corner . Terrible sub

Bruno 1 - should have set us up with a back 4. Totally outnumbered in midfield and didn’t change it until half time. Sorted it out at half time and got a much higher tempo. Then took all our momentum out the game with the Semedo and moutinho subs . Should have been Trincao and Jimenez

Ref 0 - Stonewall penalty on podence. How on earth was that not given. Missed the one on hwang.

We have to play Ait nouri in 343 . It simply doesn’t work if the full backs come back all the time as marcal, and now Semedo have shown. Dendoncker has to start instead of moutinho, and we have to get podence on the pitch .

Sa
Semedo boly kilman Ait nouri
Neves dendoncker
Traore podence Trincao
Jimenez

GO FOR IT

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some encouraging signs, after the first half an hour that is.

Boly has to start, but not in the middle. Don’t understand why Coady went on the right when he came on and we had to go a goal down before he swapped with Boly!

Hoever looked bright second half and linked well with Adama. Same with Ait Nouri on the left, hope he’s not too badly injured/concussed.

Podence looked sharp and Donk looked full of running and both have got to be in with a shout for a start at the weekend.

Bad night for Silva, just couldn’t get anything to stick.

Hwang was lively but his touch was a bit off. Trying too hard to impress maybe?

Neves had a night to forget, his passing and shooting radars were both bost tonight.

Mixed night for Ruddy after nearly spannering one before making an incredible point blank save from Kane.

Reactions: Ned

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
....hearing a guy on the same row discribing Deli Ali as a Jaffa Cake...
Obviously it wasn’t said as a compliment but even after having a good think, I’ve not got a clue what he meant. Probably a good job too.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would assume Ait-Nouri will be out for Sunday, or at least he should be with concussion.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 defeats from our first 7 games. Bruno's biggest challenge is turning round the loser mentality that has infested this team for too long.
Tis why he so badly needed those new players in. Too many in that team seem to have had their confidence knocked to such an extent that they can’t keep up wit Bruno’s more attacking style.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If our strike force consists of a struggling for form Raul, and Silva and hwang based on tonight’s form, we are in a spot of bother.
This is what concerns me. Both Hwang and Raul look so rusty and unable to hold the ball up. It’s clear Fabio and hwang aren’t going to cut it together.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
First 30 minutes were disgusting, but good on the boys for battling back because that almost got out of hand quickly. Boly, Podence, Donk, RAN (if fit) are all must start on Sunday. If we're going to stick with a back 3, Coady needs to be in the middle because he was terrible today at RCB. Hwang struggled but I actually thought he started to play better once we moved him up top. I'd like to see him play next to Raul...it should be 352 or 442 for me. And people need to get off the ledge regarding Neves - these last two games haven't been his best but he's still the engine of this team and I trust he'll return to the form he had the first 4 games.

Fabio man....yikes. Barring an injury I really don't see how he gets near this team outside of FA Cup.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By my calculation that is now 3 consecutive penalty shoot-outs where Coady has missed and cost us.

He was awful tonight in every aspect of being a footballer.
He's ****. I've played with better. On the field of play you dirty gits! He needs to be binned asap or we win nowt!

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Silva useless again. Just why the **** did we waste £35m on him
Neves more interested in his hair and Alice band than running
Traore. All bluster no muster
Mosquera. Wasn’t even running fast when he pulled his hamstring again. Must be doubts about fitness for PL games ?
The ref was **** and it’s yet another loss
Yes battled back well to get level but ultimately no belief in winning at all
How far we have sunk in less than 2 years is frightening, and with the stink of poor transfer windows still fresh we are in for a very rough ride
Coady has needed replacing for how long ? Yet he’s still costing us goals
What an absolute ****ing shambles
I’m going on a cruise. **** it
Hope your cruise ship doesn’t have wifi. I think we’ll all enjoy the break from your incessant negativity.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
A bizarre game. Prior to our goal, I was seriously concerned. That first 40 minutes was the worst period of play I can remember. The number of misplaced passes was unbelievable. Credit for the spirit shown in getting back in it when I honestly thought we were going to get drubbed. Disappointing to lose on penalties but never felt we were likely to win the shootout.

Ratings:

Ruddy - certainly wasn’t at fault for either goal but maybe a top keeper would have done better. Almost threw one in the net but then made a couple of huge saves in the 2nd half and almost kept us in the shootout with a decent save to a **** penalty. 6.5
Mosquera - really feel for the kid. Hope it’s not too serious. Commentator over here suggested it was a hammy which wouldn’t be too bad. But he looked pretty upset, so hoping it’s not an ACL or something like that. N/A
Boly - great to have him back and agree with somebody’s comments earlier in the thread that if he’d played on Saturday the result may have been different. Our best defender on the night and in general. 7
Kilman - steady. Looked relatively solid and probably benefitted from Spurs not having great pace in attacking areas. Distribution was a mixed bag. 6.5
Hoever - a pretty good showing. Improved as the game went on. Will be disappointed we went out as he’s one who needs a cup run for game time. 6.5
Ait-Nouri - our best player on the night. I really like this kid. Gives us so much more going forward than marcal. Ran with the ball at every opportunity and caused them problems. Must be close to starting in the league. 7.5
Neves - oh Ruben! I posted after 4 games that he was back to his best. Brentford wasn’t great and his first half here was awful. He kept passing the ball into touch! 2nd half was a little better, but his penalty summed up his overall performance. Hopefully back to his high standards against the saints. 5
Dendonker - I was very critical of donk last season. Wouldn’t have been at all upset if we’d sold him during the summer. But credit it where it’s due, he made an impact in this game. General play was neat and tidy, but his goal and assist got us back in the game. Still not sure I want him starting in the league, but showed he can be a decent option on this performance. 7
Podence - bit of a mixed bag. Obviously still working his way back to match fitness. Was guilty for their first goal, and gave it away a bit too often. But also showed some bright moments and in that team, looked our most likely source of creativity. Took his goal very well. 7
Hwang - didn’t get into the game as much as we’d have liked. Looked decent when he did and could have scored at least one with a couple of good chances that he was perhaps unlucky with. 6.5
Silva - not great. I always defend the kid and I do still believe he can go on to be a very good player, but didn’t do his cause much good here. One decent run early on but gave the ball away far too often and didn’t react well enough when given a sharp chance in the box. 5

Subs

Coady - it irritates me when so-called fans are overly critical of him. He’s been amazing for us for the last 4 seasons. He has his limitations but he’s a brilliant leader and he’s very rarely less than a 7/10 for us…. Until this game. Looked totally off the pace as soon as he came on. Was partly culpable for the first goal and think he was caught out for the 2nd too. Did improve from there, but that’s not saying much. 4
Traore - fairly standard for Adama the last few games. Some good runs, scares defenders… no end product. 6
Semedo - didn’t have a huge amount of time to make an impact but was solid defensively and a few decent forays forward. 6
Moutinho - got in some good positions further forward and was involved in the move where rubens deflected shot hit the bar. 6

I remain optimistic that Bruno is making a positive impact and with a couple of good results, it could be a very positive season. However, if we have too many more performances like the first 40 mins of this game, that could change.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The day after the night before and I'm still seething about our start to the match. As bad as I've seen us in the Prem, certainly over the past 4 years. We rallied for the last 10 mins of the first half and at the start of the second when we pulled the match back towards us, but then it was pretty even with Spurs carving-out the better chances, but Wolves having most of the ball and decent chances of our own. As soon as it went to penalties, one could have written the script!
Another cup-run over as soon as it started and unless Lage can get us playing more consistently, then a long, hard winter ensues.

Ratings;

Ruddy - 6 - Not really at fault for either goal, but almost a blooper from a long shot, but did well with Kane's close header.
Boly - 6 - Started nervously, but grew into the match.
Mosquera - N/A - Obviously, upset at his injury, but hope we don't have another 'sicknote' on our books.
Coady - 5 - At fault (with others) for the opening goal. Got better after an awful start.
Kilman - 6 - Did OK.
RAN - 7 - Hope he is OK. Played with skill, pace and confidence.
Hoever - 6.5 - Got forward well and linked with Podence and Traore. Cramped towards the end, but did himself no harm.
Neves - 4 - Dog of a match. Nothing worked for him and as with Podence, Coady and Boly to an extent, culpable for Spurs' opener.
Podence - 6.5 - As poor as most for the opening half an hour, rallied afterwards and took his goal well. Some clever tricks.
Dendoncker - 6 - Dominant in the air, especially from corners. Worked hard.
Silva - 4 - Brought nothing to the game. Match after match, he looks out of his depth. Shi's folly?
Hwang - 6 - Worked hard and did well to rob Ndombele? for Wolves' second.

Subs;
Coady (see above)
Traore - 6 - Brought some directness when he came on at HT, but Spurs marshalled him well.
Semedo - 6 - Did OK as a late replacement for RAN
Moutinho - N/A - On for Podence.

Huge test on Sunday against Saints. We need to bounce back from two successive defeats and show that we are up for the fight, otherwise, better teams than Wolves have been relegated and reinforcements (if they occur) in January, will be too late.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels weird talking about a defeat. I know I'm in the minority here but it doesn't feel like a defeat losing on pens (even in the Euros, it didn't have that feel).

I would say that Fabio Silva needs a loan.
He's earning a fortune, but I could manage a couple of quid if others chip-in.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful first half. Poor decision making, too slow to the ball, misplacing virtually every pass - lucky not to go in at half time 3 against.
Second half was a lot better and I think it showed the value that Traore brings as you could immediately sense the threat he offered. That said, I thought he played too close to the touch line and should have come inside more and mixed things up.
Silva - I just don’t get it. Should go out on loan.
After Brentford, all of the so called “second string” should have been screaming for the opportunity to keep the shirt but not sure that any of them did that really; Boly possibly, but not convinced by any of the others.
All the missed penalties were poor; do professional footballer actually practice penalties.
Referee - awful.
Very disappointed.

Last edited:

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A tale of two crossbars. Neves is an inch lower in the 87th minute and we win 3-2. Coady likewise with his penalty to keep us in it.

Having said that, the game would have been over but for a world class save from Ruddy to keep out the Kane header.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at least this game prove we can actually score goals which is a relieve

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A tale of two crossbars. Neves is an inch lower in the 87th minute and we win 3-2. Coady likewise with his penalty to keep us in it.

Having said that, the game would have been over but for a world class save from Ruddy to keep out the Kane header.

Game may not have been in that situation if ruddy didn’t boot the ball over ait nouri head for the second ; when boly and hoever completely unmarked on other wing.

Brain dead some of our players are .

T

TheConcourse

I had a feeling I was going to enjoy watching Mosquera, Boly and Kilman together. Seems balanced, decent pace either side of the big man.
This is my biggest disappointment from last night. I was really excited that we might finally have cobbled together 3 actual defenders. It was a fun 12 minutes until Calamity Coady arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first half was scary until we managed to score. Pretty much as a team and as individuals, we were awful. We couldn't pass, tackle or move. Neves was trying to find the invisible man.

The second half was much better. There was a lot more energy. Traore straight away got at Spurs and lifted the crowd. We still didn't make the Spurs keeper work enough, but we had good chances and just lacked that final ball again.

Gutted for Mosquera. I hope for his sake and ours he can get over whatever problem he has.

Man of the match I would give to Ait-Nouri. I thought he looked exciting at times. Not perfect, but he offers something Marcal doesn't and he defended well enough. It looked like concussion forced him off soo I hope he recovers safely and as soon as possible.

Well, that's another year out of the league cup. Now my hopes are pinned on the FA cup.

And Espirito Santo must have missed the memo. It's a second-string and dull defensive football that is required in the league cup early rounds. The guy got it all wrong in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom