Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some parts utterly shambolic, some parts pretty encouraging.

Boly's performance only made me most disappointed that we didn't have him on the field last Saturday when the points were at stake.

My biggest fear is that Bruno simply isn't very lucky and our squad isn't good enough to get by without a shred of fortune along the way.
Do you know any gypsies that can help us with that?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Jeff incapable of seeing this? He should either step aside or bring in support. It’s really bad that most fans are screaming for the same thing and he’s failed to deliver it again.

On paper, with everyone fit, the squad looks competitive. The moment we get injuries - or literally an injury - it’s ****ed.

Imagine if Boly suffers a setback now? We’d be left with Coady and Kilman. Scary.

He is Jefz Moxshi. The more things change, the more they remain the same. Groundhog day at Molineux, and at present we're so near, yet so far away, because once again we've got a bean counter running the show.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

You trolling mate?
No, why? It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
If I’m trolling, what does that make half of the forum? I’m just saying what I’m seeing.
I spend good cash on Wolves and lots of energy. Some people saw it earlier than me. I was too loyal to Nuno-ball.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a team that plays a back 3 where the entire point is to have someone cover the wide cb's for any through balls we are bloody terrible at stopping them why are all our centre halves terrible at reading the game and don't get me started on their positioning.

Second half was a much better team performance and they did well to get back in the game. Wondering if we do any shooting practice at all though because none of them can even score a penalty let alone in open play.

Actually think Podence might be our best finisher amongst our attackers

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, why? It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?
If I’m trolling, what does that make half of the forum? I’m just saying what I’m seeing.
I spend good cash on Wolves and lots of energy. Some people saw it earlier than me. I was too loyal to Nuno-ball.

Your post sounded like a bit of a **** take if I'm honest as I know you have got annoyed in the past about posters repeating themselves about us needing signings for those positions. I apologise if I am incorrect but it sounded like a bit of a WUM post.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering the changes and going 2 down we did very well to fight back and should give us some confidence going into the next game.
Yep credit to them all for the fightback and equalising.
But ermmm it was the same players (mostly) for the first 37 minutes that were utterly dire.
Nuno was seen on TV pictures telling his players to slow down after going 2-0 up.
Why didn't Wolves start like they finished?
Its been a recurring theme in the past.
I've no idea what the prematch ritual/methods are but maybe they need to change.
When the knee has been taken and the whistle blows they all need to be immediately up for it and the next two games are critical.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahh yeah 60 years ago, I forgot to be alive at that point.
Glad you're alive to my point now. If you wanna be a virgin bride go support those 4 teams. Otherwise shut-up!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Negatives:
Mosquera injury
RAN injury
Referee negligent in his approach, allowed some horrific challenges on Hwang to go unpunished, which set up the conditions for RANs concussion.
**** poor weak defending
Neves didn't turn up

Positives:
Came back from the abyss
Set piece goal
First half goal voodoo wiped out
Vs a very strong spurs team
Game time for our fringe players

Comments
Defensively so naive, why was Coady pressing so aggressively into Neves/Doncks space and leaving holes in defence.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great spectacle and good game.

Dendoncker, Podence, RAN and Hooever impressed me. Ruddy pulled off some excellent saves. Considering that was our reserve team against Spurs' first team, I thought they did well.

Big criticism for me is the losing mentality. Losing breeds losing.

I'd keep Podence, Donk and RAN in the team. All three did enough to stay in.
Assuming you would drop Trincao, Moutinho and Marcel?
I would keep Moutinho and put Dendocker back on the bench
Ruddy?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More frustrated than I thought I would be.

Really poor first 30 but thought we played ok after that. Defensively a shambles and Conor is having one of those spells where everything is going wrong for him.

Ait-Nouri was excellent, closely followed by Dendoncker and Podence. Would start all three on Sunday.

Ruddy 6
Mosquera N/A (really feel for the kid. Coming to a new country at such a young age and suffering such bad luck with injuries).
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

The most annoying thing is we are two players away from being quite a decent side. Everyone knows what positions they are but if we could have got Botman and a Sanches-esque midfielder, we could have gone four at the back and played an extra attacker (Trincao, Podence and Adama just behind Raul would be excellent).

The fact we didn’t is going to have a huge impact on our season and could well see us in sucked into a relegation battle.
Yes very frustrating as you say when a couple of signings would have transformed things. We still, in addition, need a proper back up/challenger/partner for Jiminez however. Thought we would get Vincius on loan but nothing. Yes the club are skating on unnecessarily thin ice in terms of potential relegation especially if we have further injury problems. The sheer number of losses is adding up now and hard luck stories look increasingly unsustainable. Lage is trying hard and I lke him but if the points don't come soon and he lacks a hard edge to kick his players in to gear, he and the team will be in big trouble by the end of the Christmas programme.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some positives 2nd half but it's yet another L. Amazed how Coady and Fabio still get serious minutes, both absolutely rubbish, if Bruno can't see it then we're in trouble. Honourable mentions for RAN and Podence who had decent outings.
Just editing your post. Re-post but keep only what's in bold. Get rid of the rest. Perton is really just another Bilston compared to Tettenhall, isn't it? At least us Bilston folk (even ones in North London) now what's what!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering how many changes we made that wasn’t terrible. We need something to go for us. A decent ref once or twice a season might help too. Podence and Dendoncker have to start next game.
For me Podence yes Dendocker No

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knowing the shocking start we had and how Spurs should have killed us off, it was great to get right back in it.

Leander, Rayan and Daniel certainly should form part of the Starting 11, with the impact made tonight.

Penalties are what they are sadly and not surprised to see the lads distraught.

Three other things:
  1. The Referee should be fired, as that another terrible performance from the man in the middle
  2. A middle aged bloke with glasses, in Row M in the South Bank can take it from me, that his stupid teasing of myself - as I am not a Sir Jack Hayward Stand regular will be fully ignored
  3. And three - both hearing a good number of boos around me when the lads took the knee AND hearing a guy on the same row discribing Deli Ali as a Jaffa Cake, is not one good look on the fanbase and needs to dealt with!

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Just find it difficult to accept that players at this level can be so hopeless at taking penalties. Neves’ looked like it missed by a massive amount.
Don't stick it low to the keeper's right. Only Kanesque penalties will go in that way, otherwise they're easier for keepers to save than low to their left. Hwang's had no right to go in.
And hit the target. It's big enough.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An enjoyable game for the neutral

Boly was superb he’s got to start Sunday. Ait Nouri was superb too, and Podence did well

Coady? What’s happened he’s almost running in treacle, can’t win a Header and was so poor tonight.

As for neves!! Was he ****ed?

Ruddy made another complete howler yet then redeemed himself with 2 unbelievable saves. His kicking is ****

All in all a draw was a fair result. Losing on penalties is not a morale affecter to my mind. Spurs put out a half strength team, we put out a quarter strength team so it’s a respectable result in that matter.

Saints team

Sa
Nelson Boly Max RAN
Moutinho Neves Donk
Traore Raul Podence

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time we lose just blame the ref. Embarrassing.

Enjoyed the game to be honest, we need to be able to play 4 at the back to progress which we’ve known for ages.

Very good finish from Podence.
I don't blame the ref. The game was a draw deservedly. We deservedly lost the penalties. The referee was poor.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More frustrated than I thought I would be.

Really poor first 30 but thought we played ok after that. Defensively a shambles and Conor is having one of those spells where everything is going wrong for him.

Ait-Nouri was excellent, closely followed by Dendoncker and Podence. Would start all three on Sunday.

Ruddy 6
Mosquera N/A (really feel for the kid. Coming to a new country at such a young age and suffering such bad luck with injuries).
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

The most annoying thing is we are two players away from being quite a decent side. Everyone knows what positions they are but if we could have got Botman and a Sanches-esque midfielder, we could have gone four at the back and played an extra attacker (Trincao, Podence and Adama just behind Raul would be excellent).

The fact we didn’t is going to have a huge impact on our season and could well see us in sucked into a relegation battle.
Agree with that, though I think Boly was MOTM and worth at least a 7.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Was it a penalty on Podence in the first half as it sure looked it
Probably but we don’t get those decisions. Same as Hwang second half.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big up - not that he really needs biggin up - to John Ruddy. Superb tonight. Better than Sa. Deserves to start against The Saints.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang one is interesting as well. He got his shot away but was absolutely clattered
The Podence one, he headed it and looked to me the Spurs player just cleared him out

Also the foul on Ait Nouri, I’m sure the ref never booked Tananga, it was a blatant taking out of a player yellow

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
RAN, Hoever and Podence did themselves no harm. Not sure what to say about Silva. I want him to be good, but he's had a stinker. Hwang might be trying too hard to impress. Thought his passing, touch and decision making were poor.
Boly was okay overall but poor for their first goal. He should start against Southampton.
We seem quite naive at the moment. We need to wise up quickly.

Penalties... Christ! Diabolical! One good penalty from 5, says it all about our finishing prowess.

Back
Top Bottom