Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great spectacle and good game.

Dendoncker, Podence, RAN and Hooever impressed me. Ruddy pulled off some excellent saves. Considering that was our reserve team against Spurs' first team, I thought they did well.

Big criticism for me is the losing mentality. Losing breeds losing.

I'd keep Podence, Donk and RAN in the team. All three did enough to stay in.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some parts utterly shambolic, some parts pretty encouraging.

Boly's performance only made me most disappointed that we didn't have him on the field last Saturday when the points were at stake.

My biggest fear is that Bruno simply isn't very lucky and our squad isn't good enough to get by without a shred of fortune along the way.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange performance, not lacking heart or even good play at times, but some of our passing and decision making throughout was truly bizarre. Saying that, we should have got the winner.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking game for quite a few players but showed character to bring it back to 2-2.

Scored some actual goals!!!
More minutes playing together and getting sharper for Sunday is my positive.

Things can only get better (I think)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too bad overall given the changes. Good fightback as well. Hopefully some changes for the weekend now with Donk, Ait-Nouri, Podence and Hwang all putting the pressure on to get a game.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty rubbish really for me. Showed good heart to come back but the first 40 minutes were actually concerning. It was a bit like watching us towards the end of Nuno's reign, where every opposing attack looked like it could and should go in. Even in the second half they missed some absolute sitters when we were playing better.

Really strange realisation half way through the game that hardly any of our players strike the football well. And everyone's final ball is poor, could do with Pedro back.

Overall, not too bothered about exiting the cup, apart from it will mean Fabio wastes another season unless we send him somewhere in Jan.

Bigger picture, given Saturday's performance, every player knew tonight if they played well they'd probably start against Southampton. So the first half was alarming. Although overall thought Dendoncker and Ait-Nouri looked decent.

It will look bad and go quite sour if we play poorly and get done on Sunday. Southampton are obviously no mugs so if we aren't at it they'll pick us off.

Really liked what I saw from Wolves in the first four games this season so I'm not into Bruno bashing territory just yet. But I fear it could be around the corner from a lot of fans.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

If we’d fielded a stronger team, we’d be on an exciting cup run. Never mind. Imagine how good we’d have been if we’d done that and included the three new signings we didn’t get - an aerial battle winning, pacey centre back, an attacking midfielder with a goal or two in him and a striker to play back up to Raul, Silva and Hwang.
Rue the day.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There wasn't enough Bruno ball for my liking, sitting insanely deep at times and way too much sluggish side and back passing - both sides were pretty ordinary, we cannot slip into our old ways or it's going to be a long old boring season again.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on Yerson? I couldn’t see what happened

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
More frustrated than I thought I would be.

Really poor first 30 but thought we played ok after that. Defensively a shambles and Conor is having one of those spells where everything is going wrong for him.

Ait-Nouri was excellent, closely followed by Dendoncker and Podence. Would start all three on Sunday.

Ruddy 6
Mosquera N/A (really feel for the kid. Coming to a new country at such a young age and suffering such bad luck with injuries).
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

The most annoying thing is we are two players away from being quite a decent side. Everyone knows what positions they are but if we could have got Botman and a Sanches-esque midfielder, we could have gone four at the back and played an extra attacker (Trincao, Podence and Adama just behind Raul would be excellent).

The fact we didn’t is going to have a huge impact on our season and could well see us in sucked into a relegation battle.

Last edited:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some positives 2nd half but it's yet another L. Amazed how Coady and Fabio still get serious minutes, both absolutely rubbish, if Bruno can't see it then we're in trouble. Honourable mentions for RAN and Podence who had decent outings.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva useless again. Just why the **** did we waste £35m on him
Neves more interested in his hair and Alice band than running
Traore. All bluster no muster
Mosquera. Wasn’t even running fast when he pulled his hamstring again. Must be doubts about fitness for PL games ?
The ref was **** and it’s yet another loss
Yes battled back well to get level but ultimately no belief in winning at all
How far we have sunk in less than 2 years is frightening, and with the stink of poor transfer windows still fresh we are in for a very rough ride
Coady has needed replacing for how long ? Yet he’s still costing us goals
What an absolute ****ing shambles
I’m going on a cruise. **** it

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say that the referee was beyond diabolical.
Every time we lose just blame the ref. Embarrassing.

Enjoyed the game to be honest, we need to be able to play 4 at the back to progress which we’ve known for ages.

Very good finish from Podence.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really poor first 30 but thought we played ok after that. Defensively a shambles and Conor is having one of those spells where everything is going wrong for him.

Ait-Nouri was excellent, closely followed by Dendoncker and Podence. Would start all three on Sunday.

Ruddy 5
Mosquera N/A (really feel for the kid. Coming to a new country at such a young age and suffering such bad luck with injuries).
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

The most annoying thing is we are two players away from being quite a decent side. Everyone knows what positions they are but if we could have got Botman and a Sanches-esque midfielder, we could have gone four at the back and played an extra attacker (Trincao, Podence and Adama just behind Raul would be excellent).

The fact we didn’t is going to have a huge impact on our season and could well see us in sucked into a relegation battle.
It was just another like, sigh, here we go again. Same ole Wolves, so close yet so far, I can see why some would find this all rather tiring because it is history repeating itself.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kind of enjoyed the game but at no point did I think we were going to win it. We are just so predictable going forward, always down the flanks and very rarely with any end product.

I’d be going with a front 3 of Raul, Podence and Trincao at the weekend.

Feel for Fabio, coming off at half time would have done him no favours at all but the change needed to be made.

T

TheConcourse

Ruddy 5
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

Is Jeff incapable of seeing this? He should either step aside or bring in support. It’s really bad that most fans are screaming for the same thing and he’s failed to deliver it again.

On paper, with everyone fit, the squad looks competitive. The moment we get injuries - or literally an injury - it’s ****ed.

Imagine if Boly suffers a setback now? We’d be left with Coady and Kilman. Scary.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Ruddy 5
Boly 6
Kilman 6
Hoever 6
Dendoncker 7
Neves 5
Ait-Nouri 7
Podence 7
Fabio 5
Hwang 5

Coady 5
Traore 5
Semedo 6
Moutinho N/A

Would love to see RAN start on Sunday too but if he had a suspicion of concussion tonight I think that will rule him out until the Newcastle home game.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first half made the Brentford game look like a masterclass. We were absolutely horrendous.

Enjoyed watching us make a game of it but we didn’t deserve the win. Two worldie saves from Ruddy kept us in it.

I could go off on a rant about how **** Fabio is, but what’s the point. We all know it.

Boly looked very good. That’s about it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’d fielded a stronger team, we’d be on an exciting cup run. Never mind. Imagine how good we’d have been if we’d done that and included the three new signings we didn’t get - an aerial battle winning, pacey centre back, an attacking midfielder with a goal or two in him and a striker to play back up to Raul, Silva and Hwang.
Rue the day.

You trolling mate?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just find it difficult to accept that players at this level can be so hopeless at taking penalties. Neves’ looked like it missed by a massive amount.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if people are ready to blow off Raul after 4 matches coming from a life threatening injury, we surely must want to choke Fabio after what he brings to the table, right?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well as you asked, my verdict on Spurs hasn't change since 1972. They're a bunch of smelly vaginas that need to be sewn up! As for tonight's match, we lost a game of football on pens! No need for any histrionics or drama. This is the Black Country, not ****ing Stratford-Upon-Avon! Positives - RAN, Donk, Ruddy, Podence, Boly (thank god he's back) and MotM Hoever, who was immense. He showed so much class and composure tonight. We are in a very good place regarding full/wing backs. Negatives - Coady, who comes on and immediately ****s up a clearance which leads to their first goal. Other less than zeros, Hwang and Traore, both flattered to deceive. The pens are irrelevant. We did come back from 2 goals down, which says a hell of a lot for the lads. I still prefer our way of playing now to Nuno's way. If you truly love Wolves, you'll give Bruno your undying support. I bet you we beat Soton on Saturday. UTW!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 defeats from our first 7 games. Bruno's biggest challenge is turning round the loser mentality that has infested this team for too long.

Is it just a "loser mentality". Or that too many of our players are just not good enough? Bottom 6 teams have been known to grab draws with Big 6 teams in the league cup and even beat them before, it's notr even rare. Hard to tell much from tonights game, because for the first 30 minutes, we looked like we were treating it as a friendly. And it was all a bit Thud'n'Blunder from both sides after that.

FWIW, I think we have a core of the squad that is lower half Premier League and below so it is inevitable that that is where we will be. Too many inconsistent, put in a good performance every now and then, followed by disappearing acts. So the team is never all on it together.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on Yerson? I couldn’t see what happened
Dunno, but one injury at the back from really being in bother. It's okay though, we've got another 8 days until the transfer window shuts... oh, wait...

Back
Top Bottom