Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Silva loan

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Jota scores it was because he joined a better side.
When MGW scores it was because he was playing at a lower level.
When Silva scores I presume it will be because it's at a lower level as well.

I'm just wondering when the penny might drop that the problem may be something else...

Anyway, good luck to the lad, hope he smashes it. Think it's the wrong decision as feel he has a role to play for us but can't judge properly until we (maybe) sign a replacement.

Seems a bold move to let a striker go for a club with no money and has other pressing issues, so we shall see how it plays out.

Also, this shouldn't be allowed to happen until we KNOW the replacement is in. Can't afford any more excuses if it goes ***s up with a deal. We need at least two proper strikers on the books.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm just wondering when the penny might drop that the problem may be something else...

Anyway, good luck to the lad, hope he smashes it. Think it's the wrong decision as feel he has a role to play for us but can't judge properly until we (maybe) sign a replacement.

Seems a bold move to let a striker go for a club with no money and has other pressing issues, so we shall see how it plays out.

Also, this shouldn't be allowed to happen until we KNOW the replacement is in. Can't afford any more excuses if it goes ***s up with a deal. We need at least two proper strikers on the books.
My memory is not good enough to recall when Silva last scored ...... Awful. Will not be missed.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing a year’s extension apparently before going on loan. Happy with that part of it even if I’d personally like him to stay and play more of a leading role with us.

If we get Ramos, Fabio signs the extension and gets a full year as the main man elsewhere then I fully get the logic of all of it.

This should have been last season but the extension protects us at least.

Presumably this is tied to the striker deal in which case, fair enough. We really botched last season with mgw and silva - manager has some responsibility there.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll have a decent chance of gametime. Both Anderlecht main strikers last season are now back at their parent clubs
At the moment his main competitors up front seems to be Esposito on loan from Inter and Benito Raman, none of whom are very prolific.

Also it should work to his advantage that their new coach Felice Mazzu seems to prefer to play 2 up front.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Making him sign a year extension before sending him out on loan for experience? Isn't that kind of blackmail?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Making him sign a year extension before sending him out on loan for experience? Isn't that kind of blackmail?
Wanting to secure him as a player for the future,showing him we believe in him and will play for us as the heir apparent to raul

or blackmail one or tother

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely this must mean that we’re bringing another striker in?

Silva was first team squad player last season, we can’t be thinning the squad out that much without reinforcements on the way.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll have a decent chance of gametime. Both Anderlecht main strikers last season are now back at their parent clubs
At the moment his main competitors up front seems to be Esposito on loan from Inter and Benito Raman, none of whom are very prolific.

Also it should work to his advantage that their new coach Felice Mazzu seems to prefer to play 2 up front.
He should fit right in then.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last two seasons Anderlecht have had an unproven 20 year old in Zirkzee and an unproven 21 year old in Nmechi, they weighed in with 18 and 21 goals respectively.

So with that in mind and the fact Silva is a generational talent with prem experience then we have to be expecting 15 goals at an absolute minimum. Zero excuses.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The last two seasons Anderlecht have had an unproven 20 year old in Zirkzee and an unproven 21 year old in Nmechi, they weighed in with 18 and 21 goals respectively.

So with that in mind and the fact Silva is a generational talent with prem experience then we have to be expecting 15 goals at an absolute minimum. Zero excuses.

Will be a good benchmark for us.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly concerning , from Wolves point of view that Silva wasn't interested in a 2 year extension?
I thought this might be his break out season at Wolves so slightly disappointed he's being loaned, doubtful we'll ever see him in a Wolves shirt again.
Agree, way off the pace sadly, technically and in and speed, if you don't have pace as a striker you need to be cute with your play and better technically, silva lacked both.

A poor signing in all really. Could see after half a dozen performances the kid wasn't going to fulfil the alleged potential he had, especially in this league. Some just kept on going and slagging those off who questioned his purchase and ability, its a kick in the teeth for all concerned at the club that suck a high profile value player in has only 2 years later been farmed out to Anderlecht!!! Their manager left as Burnley in the championship was a big step up ffs!

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly concerning , from Wolves point of view that Silva wasn't interested in a 2 year extension?
I thought this might be his break out season at Wolves so slightly disappointed he's being loaned, doubtful we'll ever see him in a Wolves shirt again.

He could be the focal point in our Championship side

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be foolish to let him go without having someone else lined up. They must have recognised from last 2 years about going into the season under resourced in this area.
Or maybe the powers that be have realised that he didn't score a goal last season,and just isn't good enough??

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, way off the pace sadly, technically and in and speed, if you don't have pace as a striker you need to be cute with your play and better technically, silva lacked both.

A poor signing in all really. Could see after half a dozen performances the kid wasn't going to fulfil the alleged potential he had, especially in this league. Some just kept on going and slagging those off who questioned his purchase and ability, its a kick in the teeth for all concerned at the club that suck a high profile value player in has only 2 years later been farmed out to Anderlecht!!! Their manager left as Burnley in the championship was a big step up ffs!
Exactly,,he's simply not good enough to be a striker in the premiership,,,and reading between the lines of "Bruno and youngsters " last season, I doubt he trains hard enough either

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe the powers that be have realised that he didn't score a goal last season,and just isn't good enough??
Or maybe more that the lad is still only 19 and a loan will be great for his continued development

Salah was scoring 1 in 3 in the much maligned Swiss league when he was two years older than Fabio

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the striker problem subject,,,,now that we are saving £4 million on Silva's wages , and could have raised a few quid selling players ,,why didn't we go after Jesus from city??
Have we any ambition to go forward??

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe more that the lad is still only 19 and a loan will be great for his continued development

Salah was scoring 1 in 3 in the much maligned Swiss league when he was two years older than Fabio
Oh not that he's only 19 crap again yawwwwwn
Rooney was only 16 etc
Strikers are judged on goals ,not age

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the striker problem subject,,,,now that we are saving £4 million on Silva's wages , and could have raised a few quid selling players ,,why didn't we go after Jesus from city??
Have we any ambition to go forward??
Now that we’ve saved £4m, which we haven’t because he’s not on anywhere near £80k per week, why didn’t we go out and spend £45m on a forward that only wanted to go to Arsenal to work with Arteta again and wouldn’t have been the slightest bit interested in coming to wolves?

Oh and I’m sure that £4m would more than cover the probably double that that in wages Jesus will be on too…

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible decision unless they've sorted a year contract extension and got a striker lined up. This should have been last season and wreaks of the mgw mistake.
What was the MGW mistake? Had he have stayed last summer he wouldn’t have made a handful of starts.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There might be a problem but it’s also incredibly feasible that Jota does indeed score more in the second best team in the league, MGW scores more in an inferior league and Silva will score more in an inferior league.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go and look at the careers of Salah, Kane, Shearer, Cole, Vardy, Wright etc etc and maybe revise that ill thought out statement

Yes, it's a good point that plenty of top strikers didn't start to really hit the back of the net till they are 22, 23 or older. The problem is that we need goals NOW!

rubyloo

Reaction score
When the likes of Neves, Jota, Neto (and even Vinagre to some extent) made their first few appearances for us, I remember a few "wow" moments where I thought - there's something special here. For all the apparent "good movement, clever positioning" etc I hear about Silva, I just never saw a similar "wow" moment. I don't have a problem with him and his attitude seems brilliant, but i just haven't seen any glimpses of a 35M player. Hope it works out well and he has the last laugh.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the likes of Neves, Jota, Neto (and even Vinagre to some extent) made their first few appearances for us, I remember a few "wow" moments where I thought - there's something special here. For all the apparent "good movement, clever positioning" etc I hear about Silva, I just never saw a similar "wow" moment. I don't have a problem with him and his attitude seems brilliant, but i just haven't seen any glimpses of a 35M player. Hope it works out well and he has the last laugh.
Sadly Silva was purchased at a fee about £30M more than his real worth. Not his fault. Nothing to suggest he is anything exceptional. Shi should have been sacked ages ago over this signing.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. The lad ain't up to it. And I dont see anything in him to suggest he will be, but I hear all the comments about judging him when he is 22. Problem with that. He wont be with us. Worst piece of transfer business we have done by far just at that point when a couple of quality signings would have cemented our place in the top 8, probably higher. Semedo and Silva signings stopped our momentum right in its tracks.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hes not even 20 but according to the king of clappers, he's done for. Heard it all now.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. The lad ain't up to it. And I dont see anything in him to suggest he will be, but I hear all the comments about judging him when he is 22. Problem with that. He wont be with us. Worst piece of transfer business we have done by far just at that point when a couple of quality signings would have cemented our place in the top 8, probably higher. Semedo and Silva signings stopped our momentum right in its tracks.
Horse****.

No signing will guarantee clubs of our stature in the top 8, Leicester won the damn thing and have spent more time away from it than in it.

Back
Top Bottom